Litha Altars, Ritual Ideas + Midsummer FAQ ☀️

How beautiful and how nice! Thank you for all the info!

7 Likes

Thank you so much for all of this great info, @Francisco! Your altar looks gorgeous- I love the inclusion of summertime flowers and fruits :blossom: :two_hearts:

A fun fact for everyone- we have a local Summer Solstice celebration here in Poland! The festival is called “Wianki” (wreaths) and it is a celebration of the Slavic pagan goddess Kupala- a Slavic deity of love and the harvest.

The ceremonies include floating wreaths down a river :national_park: and jumping over bonfires :fire:. If anyone is interested in learning more about Wianki, a good website is here!

From what I can find, it looks like the city of Krakow will celebrate Wianki online this year due to the current pandemic situation. Even in times of uncertainty, it is possible to celebrate and honor ancient traditions! :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

:sunflower: A very happy and bright Litha to all!!! :sun_with_face:

It looks like the summer solstice will happen at 11:43pm for those of us in Central Europe Time. Sending warm thoughts and well wishes to all! :heart:

7 Likes

Happy Solstice to you too!! :bouquet::sun_with_face:

Me and my daughter are making an evil effigy to burn on the firepit for later :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Happy Solstice everyone :relaxed: :sunny: :herb:

7 Likes

Happy Litha, everyone!! :fire: :pray:

It’s supposed to rain here but now I discovered I’m a ceraunophile :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: I think it’s going to be a great celebration!

8 Likes

Belated Litha celebrations today :tada::fire:

Me and Connie made a “monster” stuffed with sage lavender and rosemary. He’s currently burning on the bonfire to symbolise the cleansing of negativity :purple_heart:!

Happy Litha everyone! :bouquet: Were just about to toast some marshmallows :yum:

8 Likes

I just woke up from a short-yet-long night with bonfire celebration and all! :fire: Being the shortest night of the year I thought maybe I could stay up all night… didn’t happen.

It didn’t rain a lot and we found plenty of things to burn! We even thought about doing the ancient “rolling a flaming wheel downhill” thing but decided against it for obvious safety reasons…

Happy Solstice, everyone! :sunflower:

8 Likes

It sounds like everyone had a fun and successful solstice! :sunflower::two_hearts: May the blessings and vitality from Litha carry us through to the next Sabbath. Lughnasadh/Lammas will be the first week of August- and it’ll be here before we know it! :heart:

7 Likes

Happy Litha :fire: :sunrise:
Earth - Are you grounded? Are you in nature?
Air- Imagination? Do you have focus ?Do you read ?Do you listen to documentaries?
Fire :fire:- Are you strong are you passionate are you inspired are you intense?Are you unpredictable are you bold?
Water :sweat_drops:- Do you love do you trust your family do you receive love ?do you listen ?are you emotional?
Do you share compassion ?Do you share empathy Do you share sympathy?
Spirit- Are you balanced by the light in the dark are you being a light for your community? Do you meditate? :woman_in_lotus_position:
Who did you call upon? I called upon Hecate that she would light my way and that she would be the torch bearer during my time here on this earth!
There are many Gods to call upon like Hermès, Mother Gaia, Oak King, Odin, Aries :aries: Fire

May you feel the sun in your path we’re ever you go, “wise ones” As above so below”
May you kindle the fire :fire: and be a lite!
So mote it be
Thank you!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Francisco,
Happy Litha, & Travel Witch and the whole coven! Thank You :blush: for all the light you all share! Thank you for all the warm blessings! Thank you for being a friend!
Abs53 Happy Litha!
Jeannie

4 Likes

Many blessings back to you too, @Jeannie1- thanks for the positive wishes and the insightful elemental exercise you shared, it looks awesome! :star_struck:

Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Litha! :sun: :heart:

4 Likes

Travel Witch, aw your welcome :pray:t4: !
Jeannie
:heart::fire:

4 Likes

Thank you, Jeannie!! I hope you have a perfect Solstice!! You deserve it. Your spirit shines like a million suns! :sun: :sun: :sun:

Happy Litha! :pray:

4 Likes

Happy Litha to all. May it bring blessings, love and light :candle::rotating_light: :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Thank you, Walter! You too! :sun: :raised_hands: :pentagram:

4 Likes

:sunflower:Francisco,
You lifted me up thank you Francisco!!!:blush:

4 Likes

Happy to hear that! :innocent:

4 Likes

Way cool! Thank you for the information. So many cool ideas. I will be implementing this.

2 Likes

@Karma keep an eye on the forum, other topics & ideas for the solstice & Sabbat will start popping up as we continue to get closer.

In the Northern Hemisphere we will have Litha & the Southern Hemisphere is Yule.

Litha Altars, Ritual Ideas + Midsummer FAQ :sunny:

How to Celebrate Litha Alone: Ideas for a Pagan Summer Solstice! :sunny:

:christmas_tree: How to Celebrate Yule Alone? Ideas+Ritual!

Winter Solstice Release & Manifest

4 Likes