Looking for a coven and more experience as a witch as I go through my journey

Hi @alicia26! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Congratulations on finishing your courses! Next comes the best part, figuring out what you want to do. You can do a Daily Devotional if you want, a Moon Spell, or get ready for the Full Moon next week! It’s all up to you!

That’s the best thing about paganism I think, you don’t have to follow anyone’s rules, and you get to shape what your craft looks like.

For instance, I practice casting a circle in the mornings and do daily devotionals. Pull me a tarot card and do a rune cast, and then meditate. But you don’t have to do that, you can do what feels right to you!

Good luck and have fun!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for such a sweet welcoming! I just completed the self initiation and spell casting 101. I also did the ones about all the dieties. I’m going to move on and do the other ones too. I’m a really curious person ever since I was a child. It was so nice to meet you :blue_heart:

6 Likes

I’ve been doing the daily devotional when I can. I can’t do most of the rituals or devotionals because I still need to get all the candles and athame. I usually don’t tell this to anyone but I feel safe here. I can only afford to like buy one thing a month. I do what I can. I thank the universe every morning and meditate calling the moon In my circle

6 Likes

I get that. I got most of my items like candles and stuff when I got that stimulus payment the government in the US gave out last time.

Little secret. You don’t need an athame. You can use your fingers. Or pick up a stick and make your own wand. White substitutes for any color so get yourself some white tea candles for devotionals. Get your common herbs from the dollar store. It’s all good.

5 Likes

Hello! I’m Alicia and I’m excited to get to know you all and experience this wonderful path I’m going down with amazing women

9 Likes

Welcome @alicia26 ! I’m quite new here too, but I’ve found that it’s a wonderful, caring community with many wise people who are willing to share what they have learned, and many learning people who are sharing as well. Blessed be!

5 Likes

Hi @alicia26! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

We have some awesome guys here too! Don’t forget them. LOL! Seriously though, this is a great place to learn! Have you found the Courses yet? They’re a great place to start.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better.

6 Likes

I live on the western side of West Virginia. I’m excited to get to know you better also. All the men and women here! Lol

7 Likes

Whoo hoo! Go, Mountaineers! @anon87969570 is from West Virginia too! He’s from the Panhandle. I’m from down by New River Gorge. Glad to have you here!

6 Likes

I have been summoned…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Greetings @alicia26, as Amethyst noted I’m in the eastern panhandle. And I’m one of the guys you’ve all been talking about!

I am eclectic and still have a lot to learn. There are plenty of teachers here! My practice is about Love and Light - and Laughter! This community is so accepting, warm, and wise I’m sure you will love it as much as the rest of us do.

Welcome Home!

6 Likes

Hi! I am new here as well. So far this community has been amazing and I’m so glad I made the decision to join. I have felt fairly alone in this journey so I am excited to meet everyone.
Blessings!

7 Likes

Merry meet @alicia26,

I’m Bry- a moderator here in the forum and an Eclectic witch with a love for travel. It is a pleasure to meet you! :heart:

(I noticed that you already had an Introduction Discussion going, so I hope you don’t mind that I merged the two together to prevent confusion between the conversations- this will make it easier for the coven to welcome you!)

I am loving your excitement! Wishing you a warm welcome to the coven- please make yourself at home here! From discussions to activities, polls and witchy wisdom- there is always something happening in the forum and at Spells8.

Did you perhaps see this week’s Merry Meet Monday post yet? It’s a weekly post that gives an overview of events, holidays, and happenings to be aware of. There will be a brand new one posted every Monday- feel free to check out the current post if you haven’t already!

Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 31 - Nov 6 :skull:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

So white candles can substitute for any color candle? I really appreciated the help. Everyone here has made me feel like I belong.

7 Likes

Hi! It’s so nice to meet you! I actually haven’t seen it yet but I will go to the link and check it out. I’ve only been a member for 2 days and I already feel like this is where I’m meant to be

5 Likes

Yeppers, white can substitute for any color candle, roses for any flower, rosemary for any herb, and clear quartz for any type of crystal.

And you do belong! We said so, so there. LOL!

4 Likes

Hi @alicia26!!! Welcome and blessed be!!! I am so glad that you are here!!! If you have any questions, all of us are happy to help!!! Again, welcome to the coven!!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here I was having a bad morning and I read this and i instantly smiled. Thanks for the fun facts on substituting colored candles and such. I’ll be looking more into it that’s for sure.

5 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m happy to have helped!

4 Likes

The coven is very blessed to have you here, Alicia- please make yourself at home! :blush::heart:

As for the Merry Meet Monday post, it’s Monday again (how did that happen so fast!? :laughing:) so there will be a brand new MMM post in the forum very soon- I will have it ready and posted in just a little bit! It will be pinned as the first post on the main page of the forum :blush::+1:

Hope you had a great weekend and that it will be a fun week ahead- Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.