Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 31 - Nov 6 💀

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Witchy Holiday: Sabbat :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Blessed Sabbat! We will be celebrating a pagan holiday this week:

Monday, October 31 - Tuesday, November 1

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will celebrate Samhain :skull: and the Witches’ New Year :tada:

Witches-New-Year-Samhain

Ready to celebrate? Here are a few suggestions for how you might enjoy this holiday:

In the Southern Hemisphere? Click here!

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will be celebrating Beltane :fire:

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Click on the pictures and links above for more information and ways to celebrate!

Please feel free to share your altar decorations, crafting, celebrations and more in:

The 8 Pagan Sabbats : Visit the Wheel of the Year page to learn more about pagan holidays and seasonal celebrations :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

Tuesday, November 1

Look to the skies! This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick says that this moon phase is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing .

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

This moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up: , so check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for more Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Group Tea Ritual - Seasonal Image

Thursday, November 3

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

Friday, November 4

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Hedge Magick: Into Other Realms :cloud:

Hedge Magick Between Worlds Border Realms

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, November 1 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, November 18 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXI - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, November 30 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, November 30.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Saturday, December 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various fun activities and themed gatherings shared by coven members!

Fun in the Forum MMM

Here are a few current activity discussions run by coven members where sharing is warmly encouraged!

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing! Feel free to jump in :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@sarah90 - @kayla41 - @kristina17 - @ann5 - @sabrina17 - @amber64 - @lisa8 - @christine26 - @cynthia28 - @lerena - @katy7 - @makayla - @gabrielle12 - @nicole52 - @juanita3 - @nicole53 - @pobox - @angela45 - @michelle73 - @Baby.Witch.Andria - @marie19 - @chelsey7 - @haylea - @julie30 - @Tilly_Annie - @james18 - @KateP - @maria25 - @anahla - @shanekwa - @Gruvali-Tei - @Jondry - @heather76 - @demi2 - @danelle2 - @ashley81 - @miriam1 - @tabitha11 - @paula6 - @nella - @willow3 - @katie23 - @stacey13 - @Krescent_Moon - @candy2 - @amber65 - @edward2 - @amber66 - @elizabeth44 - @jennifer121 - @traci6 - @bridgett3 - @vanessa21 - @yobanka - @tammy20 - @elizabeth45 - @diana2 - @ginger1 - @april32 - @shandalyn - @ronica - @jacqueline14 @catrina - @mayda - @elizabeth46 - @melody5 - @zoya4 - @amber67 - @catherine12 - @kayla42 - @tashe - @zoey - @jovie - @shannon32 - @tawana - @linda19 - @jacqueline15 - @becca1 - @kelli6 - @kimberly67 - @loren - @Cattleya - @lee-ann1 - @fiona1 - @sandra18 - @gretchen5 - @christy4 - @weronika1 - @andrea45 - @jerry - @t111 - @april33 - @mia3 - @alicia26 - @susanne - @heather77 - @DivinePrincess - @kendra4 - @adrianne1 - @jennifer122 - @jolene3 - @stevie1 - @sarah13 - @miquail - @gerri - @katherine22 - @frederick - @carolina4 - @athena1 - @jaime11 - @jessinwndrlnd - @jordan10 - @kailee - @virginia7 - @sarah81 - @ariel8 - @chelsea1 - @gabrielle13 - @Linda-42 - @ashley82 - @patrick1 - @jessye

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

*** :trophy: After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @jan_TheGreenWitch will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Blessed Sabbat and Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern: What magick (or mischief!) will you be up to as you celebrate? :sparkles:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :skull: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the new badge and shout out and to @TheMuslimWitch for your achievement!

Light and love and a very happy Samhain to everyone!! :orange_heart:

10 Likes

The start of another fantastic week! Thank you for the updates @BryWisteria and a Blessed Samhain to you and all of the Spells 8 Coven!

10 Likes

*** :trophy: After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @jan_TheGreenWitch will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Congratulations @jan_TheGreenWitch and @TheMuslimWitch!! I appreciate all the knowledge and love you share with the coven.

This week is a busy week for me. Samhain today, close-out of several items for both my main clients by Friday and my birthday Sunday. I will try to jump on here daily for a few minutes, but please forgive me if you don’t hear from me much this week.

I am looking forward to National Candy Day!!

8 Likes

Samhain blessings, my friends! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations on the shout-outs, you two! :heart: @jan_TheGreenWitch you’re on a roll with that streak!

@TheMuslimWitch it’s been great to answer all of your questions and see your posts this week. I hope you have an amazing Beltane!

This is very fitting :rofl: I don’t think it could have come at a better time!

Also it’s afternoon and I still beat @Amethyst :partying_face: :tada: :rofl:

7 Likes

Image uploaded by Vol4life on Pinterest

Congrats! :partying_face: :tada: Thank you :pray: Jan and Khadija! Both of you make Spells 8 a better place, thank you so much for sharing your love and wisdom with us! :people_hugging: :heart:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Congrats to @jan_TheGreenWitch and @TheMuslimWitch! You ladies are rocking the witch thing! LOL!

~pouts~ It wasn’t up by the time I had to leave for the doctors!

Good news, Fred is almost gone on my leg and George is well on his way! The doctor was impressed! I’m so glad.

I hope you all are having a blessed Samhain and a Happy Halloween! I’ve done my rites and lit my candles, now it’s time to watch Rocky Horror! LOL! Have a good night everyone!

8 Likes

Marsha,
Happy Holloween! Happy Samhain!
I love my adored witches! I love :heart: u all!
Thanks for the beautiful and amazing :star_struck: treat!

I am here for you all during these dark times!
Jeannie

8 Likes

@Amethyst that is amazing news!! I know you are so happy!!

8 Likes

Thank you i really appreciate it. I didn’t even realise i had posted so much. I guess i was really loving it here that much :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you and likewise! Am always up to hear a new and fresh point of view. That’s what i am here for :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you and i hope you have aa wonderful Samhain too! I really enjoy talking to you and the other members here. I feel it gives purpose to my life and craft :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush: but i feel it is you who makes this a better place. You always have great posts and love looking out for them. Keep up the great work :heart:

9 Likes

I feel it is i who should be thanking you for all you contribution in this coven. To me you are the light or the centre i should say, who brightens and warms our hearts and day. Thank you :heart:

9 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch The pleasure is all mine- congrats to you, and thank you for all you do! You earned the badge, Jan! :heart::blush:

@Robin77 You are very welcome, Robin- I’m happy you find the updates useful! Blessed Samhain to you too! :candle::sparkles:

@Amaris_Bane Me too- although at this rate I’m going to run out of candy long before National Candy Day! It’s too delicious :joy::candy: Good luck with your work, Amaris! :raised_hands:

@MeganB Agreed- they choose a great day for Magic Day! :laughing: :magic_wand:

@marsha Love the picture- hope you had a wonderful Halloween, Marsha! :two_hearts:

@Amethyst Apologies- MMM being slow was my bad! The forum was a real party when I popped in yesterday morning, so many posts! So much content! :crazy_face: It took quite a while to get through everything, and then we had Daylight Savings Time here in Poland on top of it all (bye bye one hour :wave:). But I’m thrilled to hear Fred and George are on their way out, and that you had a lovely time with your rituals- hope you had a wonderful Halloween, Amethyst! :heart::blush:

@Jeannie1 The little witch is so cute- and that’s a perfect card for the day! Samhain and Halloween blessings to you too, Jeannie! :jack_o_lantern: :candle::relaxed:

9 Likes

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details please visit the ritual page by clicking the picture and/or link here:

11-3-2022 Welcoming Abundance Waxing Moon Group Meditation Ritual

(Group Ritual - Nov 3) :waxing_gibbous_moon: Welcoming Abundance

This meditation draws on the energy of the Waxing Gibbous Moon :waxing_gibbous_moon: - a phase associated with increase, development, and growth - along with the seasonal energy of abundance to welcome a specific kind of abundance into your life. Whether you focus on happiness, love, power, positivity, wealth, or anything else- the area that will increase is up to you! :arrow_double_up:

Happy November and Blessed Be, Infinite Roots! :coffee: :sparkles:

9 Likes

That’s amazing news!!

7 Likes

I am! It’s thrilling to know I may not have to drag my happy butt out of bed every Monday to go to the doctor! I won’t know what to do with myself!

Aww, thank you for saying that my dear! :people_hugging:

No worries! It was a busy weekend. Did you lose an hour? We gain an hour going back to Standard time next week. Although there’s a big thing that may make that obsolete next year. Here’s hoping.

It’s awesome, is what it is! I’ll be so thankful if this happens!

8 Likes

I am so happy for you @Amethyst :partying_face: :hugs: I am keeping you on my healing list, and will continue sending healing for as long as needed!

With much love :heart: always

7 Likes