October Bucket List

Oh my goodness… October is finally here and I am so excited! I have been waiting for October for an eternity!

With that said, what’s on your October bucket list? It’s the pumpkin patch for us! I’ve taken my kids every year since they were tiny and it’s one of the highlights of our year (even for my not so little littles!).

Bonus point for witchy bucket list activities!

19 Likes

October is my favorite month! I am…

• Visiting some reputedly haunted places, including Edgar Allan Poe’s childhood home…

• Watching all the Val Lewton film noir horror flicks i can find…

• Eating and drinking anything pumpkin spice flavored…

• Making a section of Halloween and Samhain rituals and spells in my Book of Shadows…

• Carving and enchanting a jack o lantern…

• Maybe trying a seance…

• Sewing face masks with Halloween fabric…

• Taking lots of walks outdoors…and in cemeteries, i love them…the older the better…

• Making veggie chili, popcorn balls and caramel apples…

The pumpkin farm near me has a scary night on weekends but i just learned that for scaredy cats like me, you can just enjoy bonfires, music and the corn maze on a section without scary things popping up. Ive never been to a bonfire so i an excited! And they have a reproduction of Stonehenge called Foamhenge so I can’t wait to check it out.

15 Likes

@mary25 these sound like so much fun!! This year we have talked about doing the pumpkins patch twice: once during the day with littles and once a night for our teen and their friends!

I live your idea to curate your BOS by the season! Tag me if you find some great things because I think I’ll join you!

12 Likes

Funny you should ask this, a friend of mine that I see on Fridays was just talking about going to a corn maze to get lost in it! I have never been in a corn maze at all! So I’m excited to do this with her! :corn:

10 Likes

I am directionally challenged, so I super struggle with mazes. I go with my kids because they think it’s hilarious… but it’s so hard!

13 Likes

So excited for October, finally! Don’t miss the summer, it was brutal this year. My bucket list, it would be nice to plan something special. Usually I make a jack’o’lantern and put up some scare crows: am I going to make them cute or scary looking this year? :thinking:

Definitely going to stop by the botanical garden a few more times to finish checking out all the pumpkins and their October display. Really cool. Here are some pictures, went there Friday.

16 Likes

So fun! I didn’t even think to check out gardens first festive fun!

9 Likes

See the children love love the displays, these big gardens do some fantastic events and displays each season. Worth checking out!

9 Likes

My bucket list for October:

• Watch any horror film that appears on Netflix and drag somebody to watch it with me!
  • “Hocus Pocus” marathon! (I know, its a little cliché, but I grew up with that movie and it brings me childhood memories)
    -Halloween decoration!
    -Write down Samhain information and ritual to do in that magical night in my BOS.
    -Pumpkin recipes (I tried to do the pumpkin spice latte and it was a huge fail LOL, but I will try again!)
    -Start with the scrying method with a crystal ball.
    -Candies!!! (or as we say in Spanish, “chuches”)

And I think I’m forgetting something, but I don’t know what! :rofl:

12 Likes

Everyone has such fun October plans :heart_eyes:

Unfortunately, Halloween isn’t a big holiday here in Poland, so we have to make our own festive activities haha.

We’ve already done a few:

• :heavy_check_mark: Hunt for mushrooms in the woods :mushroom:
  • :heavy_check_mark: Make and eat pumpkin soup :jack_o_lantern:
  • :heavy_check_mark: Make and eat homemade apple pie :pie:

But there’s still lots I’d like to do!

• Make wreaths from the grape vines :grapes:
  • Get cute wee little decorative pumpkins :jack_o_lantern:
  • Do an autumn photoshoot in the woods :camera_flash:
  • Drink apple cider :apple:
  • Eat cider donuts :doughnut:
  • Watch more Halloween movies :tv:

YES!!! :star_struck: The second Hocus Pocus movie just came out- we watched it last night and it was really cute :blush::broom::sparkles: Enjoy your Hocus Pocus marathon, @SpanishWitchy! :heart:

13 Likes

I found an activity idea on Llewellyn which I may do today, although it’s a late start. You come up with 31 ways to celebrate October, Halloween and/or Samhain. Then you write them on construction paper links. Each day, you open a link and do the activity.

12 Likes

We started decorating during the Michael’s HUGE clearance & some things I already had here.

A friend & I want to go to a corn maze
My husband & I are dressing up together for the first time ever on Halloween
I believe after our town’s “trick or treating” time, I have a witchy friend coming over for Samhain in my backyard at the firepit, weather permitting. We may move it inside :rofl:
I am finding my Halloween/Samhain diffuser blend recipes to use those & the ones for fall in general.

We started watching the movies:

• Sleepy Hollow (with Johnny Depp)
  • Beetlejuice
  • Annabelle
  • A Haunting in Connecticut
  • An Amityville documentary
  • Different episodes of most Haunted Places in…
  • Winchester
  • Pet Sematary
  • The It Trilogy
  • The Crow

We love the movies here… some of them from when my husband & I were younger & some newer ones. It’s usually the sequels that we aren’t impressed with :laughing:

10 Likes

I think the only thing on my October bucket list this year is to have an actual, proper Samhain ritual outside with my fire pit :fire:

12 Likes

Uh… we had a hocus pocus marathon Friday. It was fabulous!

8 Likes

Pumpkin Patch is a MUST!
I want to go through a corn maze this year because I’m annoyed with myself that I didn’t last year with the kids hahaha!
(This is my favorite time of the year!)
I also am going to a haunted house.
I want to bake a lot this month.
I also would LOVE to try new recipes for Fall.
We are for sure CARVING AND PAINTING pumpkins :jack_o_lantern:
My bucket list is full & I’m excited as I’m sure you all can tell! :joy:

7 Likes

Since Halloween is not a big thing here, my October bucket list is mostly focused doing things around the house and spending time with friends.
• Make pumpkin spice mix
• Make pumpkin liquers
• Update my collection of soup recipes
• Declutter my wardrobe for the upcoming season
• Go shopping if needed
• Check out if there is a Halloween event to go with friends
• Go to the army parade
• Go to Dimitria shows (the main cultural event named after our patron saint Dimitrios)
• Go for picnic in the woods
• Taking pictures of the changing nature
• Getting ready for Samhain

7 Likes

These are all wonderful ideas!!

I am going to take my boys (14& 12) on a haunted walk.

We also have thanksgiving this month so I will be making a turkey and probably baking.

Planning on also having a Halloween party for the boys and some of their friends.

And hope to watch some more Halloween movies.

Used colour street for the first time :).

10 Likes

Those nails are so cute! I love them :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m with Megan- those nails are awesome!!! Perfect colors for Halloween, and the little bats are super cute! :bat: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Cuteness!!

7 Likes