Halloween (Samhain) πŸŽƒ

:jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

" Samhain (pronounced β€œSOW-in” or β€œSAH-win”), was a festival celebrated by the ancient Celts halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice. It began at dusk around October 31st and likely lasted three days. Samhain marked the transition between the year’s lighter and darker halves and was celebrated throughout the ancient Celtic communities of Europe, including Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. Believed by the ancient Celtsto be a liminal time when the veil between the human and spirit realms is lifted, Samhain is considered by many to be the precursor to contemporary Halloween celebrations."

β€œβ€¦Various other names for this Greater Sabbat are Third Harvest, Samana, Day of the Dead, Old Hallowmas (Scottish/Celtic), Vigil of Saman, Shadowfest (Strega), and Samhuinn. Also known as All Hallow’s Eve, (that day actually falls on November 7th), and Martinmas (that is celebrated November 11th), Samhain is now generally considered the Witch’s New Year…”

Elements

• Halloween or Ancestor Altar(s), Dumb Supper, Divination, Seance, Celebrate the Cycle of Life & Death, Honor Ancestors, Meditation, Communication w/ Spirit Realm, Praying, Honor your God and or Goddess.

Colors

• Orange, Red, Purple, Green, White, Black,

Crystals

• Obsidian, Carnelian, Danburite, Orange Calcite, Opal, Sunstone, Amber, Fossils, Smokey Quartz, Onyx, Jasper, Crystal Carvings ex: (skull, bat, cat, pumpkin, witch)

Flowers / Herbs / Plants

• Vervain, Oak Leaves, Rosemary, Mugwort, Allspice, Nutmeg, Sage, Sandalwood, Sweetgrass, Patchouli, Calendula, Marigold,

YouTube Videos (Highly recommend you check these out!)

Informational Links (Highly recommend you check these out!)

:jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

20 Likes

This is great! A lot of wonderful resources in one place for Samhain. Thank you so much!

9 Likes

This is awesome @Missa! Thanks for sharing :heart:

8 Likes

Yes! Thats what exactly what I was trying to do make a β€œall in one place” type guide. You are very welcome and thank you!

8 Likes

Oh this is awesome! A lot of good information here about Samhain! When I am finished with my computer things, I will definitely check out the videos, I can’t do much so I am always looking for something to do with my time and learning about Samhain before I venture out for the night is a good idea. I’d like to have a handle on what I am celebrating.

I have a red & black dress that I am going to wear that night. I usually wear it on Halloween and I’m so glad that I kept it all these years to be able to wear that night. I knew there was a reason that I held onto it!

8 Likes

@Missa, this is great! So much valuable information thank you very much!

7 Likes

This is a great post, love it! I’m going to use it to outline the way I set up my altar today :grin::jack_o_lantern:

My mom is having a costume party Saturday, but my best witchy friend will be there with me so we can break away and do a ritual together. I’ll also have jars with me to get moon water taken care of :slight_smile:

I’m extra excited for my altar bc one of my newer crystal purchases included an obsidian bat carving! I’ll be sure to post pictures when I have it all done tonight!

7 Likes

There’s some great information here. Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

Great tips and very useful resources! Thanks for this post, Marissa! :+1:

8 Likes

Awesome resource post, @Missa! Thanks so much for putting this together- it is very helpful! :clap::two_hearts:

Happy Samhain! :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

Found another great link!

5 Likes

@Missa awesome information. Thank you for sharing this

7 Likes

Thanks for all this information

5 Likes

Hello Thanks Missa so much great information on the the Celts and Samhain Sowin!
Happy Samhain!
Jeannie

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.