☑ What Type of Witch Are You? Coven Roll Call and POLL!

Merry meet!

Coven members represent so many wonderful traditions and areas of expertise- it made me wonder, what types of witches are most common? How many types of witches are there out there? :thinking:

It’s time for a coven roll call!

b8ab66e270d749b6b6982343ecd5ac84
Art by Unknown: shared on Pinterest

Types of Witches :open_book:

For those unfamiliar with (or could use a refresher on!) some types of witches, here is some more information about some of the general and most commonly listed types of witches.

Nine Types of Witches: Which Witch Are You?

The 3 Types of Witches (No-Nonsense) and YouTube video:

Please know that these videos (as well as the following poll) are not comprehensive- there are as many possible types of witches as there are witches out there!

What Type of Witch Are You?

You can choose multiple options!

If you don’t see a label you identify with, please choose “Other- Comment below” and share in the comments

I identify as a ____ witch/practitioner
  • Water
  • Fire
  • Air
  • Earth
  • Sea/Ocean
  • Green
  • Eclectic
  • Kitchen
  • White/Wholesome Magick
  • Black/Baneful Magick
  • Classical
  • Gothic
  • Neopagan
  • Wiccan
  • Hedge
  • Traditional
  • Secular (non-religious)
  • Religious
  • Other - comment below!
  • None - I prefer not to have a label

0 voters

No matter what area(s) of the Craft you most strongly identify with and regardless of any label(s) or lack-thereof you like to wear, thanks for being a member of the Spells8 coven! :infinite_roots: :heart:

Bonus funny picture for those who read to the end

Art by c0y0te7: Types of Witches

Much love and blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

18 Likes

Of all the badges I have, I cling to my Word Witch label! LOL!

14 Likes

LOL SANDWICH :slight_smile: , so cute! :sandwich:

12 Likes

Draconic Wiccan, or in Dovahzul DovseWuthrahnu (Draconic Pagan).

13 Likes

Eclectic art witch :blush:

11 Likes

Eclectic green witch with strong ties to animals and birds. No idea how that’s classified!

11 Likes

Gem Witch!

(Or maybe Jem Witch? I do consider myself truly outrageous … truly, truly, truly outrageous…)

13 Likes

I chose “None” because if I label myself I end up confining myself to that particular label :laughing: I do a lot of different types of things so that “None” label tends to work well for me.

Also that art is :pinched_fingers: perfect!

12 Likes

Eclectic, wholesome practitioner (Magic Man).

I tend toward Celtic ideas and nature, especially trees, but explore magic in general.

12 Likes

Uhmmm… :thinking:
I kind of like the idea of being a “Sand Witch!” on a nice warm beach somewhere…
All this thinking is making me hungry!
I know I think I have a “sandwich!” :rofl:

14 Likes

Yay! Someone else who watched that toon! LOL!

13 Likes

@TheTravelWitch_Bry
I still identify as a solitary eclectic witch. I don’t like labels and since this tradition-based life’s work is so broad, I’m happy with the even broader ‘title’ of eclectic, solitary Witch.’ I love all positive actions.
Garnet
The wonder of this pole is that you can don’t have to wear one hat. Many times your practice can change for many reasons. A change of interest in your journey. Maturity. Life. The wonder of witchcraft is that the more it stays the same, the more it changes you.

9 Likes

Thank you to everyone who has voted and commented so far! And apologies to anyone who didn’t see one/some of their labels listed by name in the poll- there are so many areas out there, it quickly became impossible to include all of them by name! :bowing_woman: Thank you to those who shared theirs via comment :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It looks like just about every category that was listed has been chosen at least once- it is so interesting to see which labels/classifications/areas of magick are represented in the coven so far! :grinning: :infinite_roots:

11 Likes

I love the word ‘ sand witch’ :smile:

8 Likes

At first I chose none, because I don’t want to be labeled and I use all kinds of different tools I picked up during the years that past me by but I guess that s eclectic too. I love every badge I earned so far, maybe some day I like to choose one for a longer time, but for now I like to taste every one of them.

10 Likes

I don’t even remember what I voted, lol. I honestly could identify as many of these, When people ask I usually say eclectic pagan green witch. I follow a patched together pagan spiritual practice of aspect that work for me. The craft I mostly perform is green witchcraft, although kitchen witchery is creeping up there pretty fast. I also love divination, and astrology, and crystals, and…the list could go on. :joy: :joy: :joy: What I’ve found is what I label myself as really depends on who I’m talking to. People in the mundane usually get a “I’m pagan” with no further explanation while those within the pagan or craft community I will give more details.

8 Likes

I choose None, as I still have no idea :rofl: I thought I was a kitchen witch but I keep discovering that I am intrested in other types as well, like sea witchcraft, tarrot, crystals etc so i think it is better not to put a lebel on it :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

I am also a Lunar Witch…Mother Moon is my everything:)

8 Likes

LOL I chose wiccan, but if we had to label it and when I look back and my 20 or so years of this path I would go with neopagan, eclectic wicca, that practices witchcraft. I agree with the duotheistic idea but work with deities from different pantheons ( I guess that is the eclectic part)

8 Likes

I chose none as well as I am all figuring things out and I too don’t like labels. Eclectic is probably where I will end up as that is the category of most freedom to choose multiple paths. There should be a ‘depends on the day’ category :joy::joy:.
Of course, being one who has the ability to overthink things :wink:, I do wonder if it is better I choose a path , learn that and then study a different path. Maybe I will learn more that way rather than jumping into anything to try.

Great poll. Thank you.

9 Likes