Which elements do you feel most connected with?

Thank you for your thoughtful response @MeganB, it got me thinking too :hugs: :revolving_hearts:

Iā€™ve had some severe physical symptoms too, I remember one summer especially well when it was 30ā„ƒ / 86ā„‰ for a whole week (a rare occasion here in Finland, I wouldnā€™t be comfortable living in warmer climatesā€¦), I was on a cabin vacation with my girlfriend, no AC, no lake nearby, even outside was riddled with mosquitoesā€¦ :laughing: Shower was the only place to cool down. And I really should have used that option more often :joy: By the way I got really uncomfortable, I just could not go to the shower, even warm water felt ice cold to me. I had to slowly shower small areas of my body with warmer water, and work my way to colder temperatures, having a towel nearby to wrap myself in. I had to ask my girlfriend how warm or cold the water was, because I just couldnā€™t trust my own senses there. It was a bonding experience for sure, but one Iā€™d rather not repeat :rofl:

I can get that, especially if the ā€œair equals intellectā€ isnā€™t your thing. Iā€™m feeling that the time Iā€™ve spent programming computers and especially things to do with computer networks, how the data moves in the wires and in the air and how to encode all kinds of things into it, has made me connect better with the intangible. :sparkles: I feel more of a connection to the energy / spirit than air though.

Oh my, this sounds just divine :heart_eyes_cat: I have a complicated relationship to being underwater :joy: I love the feeling itself, but Iā€™ve had a couple of almost drowning experiences, and on both of the times I was inhaling chlorinated water too, which burned in the lungs and made me panic even moreā€¦ :cold_sweat: Having a way to breathe freely while underwater would be a dream come true for me though, I can feel the deep relaxation just thinking about itā€¦ :smiling_face: :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

I couldnā€™t imagine living somewhere without AC :laughing: I grew up in a state where it was over 100Ā°F all summer long. And even now living in Florida, the heat in the summer is over 80Ā°F for most of the summer :laughing: Iā€™m used to it a bit, but if Iā€™m working outside then I have to have plenty of water, lots of shade, and a place to sit and rest.

I think that might be where my issue is with Air. I have a hard time relating Air to intellect. Itā€™s funny, though, because I can totally relate Water to emotions and Earth to stability and the physical world. Fire I struggle with, too, but I relate to Fire on a more tangible level, I think. It makes sense the way you see Air, especially when relating to your experience in programming!

Breathing underwater is literally a dream for me. I canā€™t tell you how many lucid dreams I had as a kid about being in my pool swimming and realizing that I could breathe under the water :laughing: even now, I would love to get my scuba certification so I could go diving in the ocean or off the reefs. Or heck, I would settle for just being able to stay underwater in my own swimming pool :rofl:

This is definitely something Iā€™ll have to ponder some more. Thank you for starting the discussion! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Oh dear, with those temperatures I wouldnā€™t eitherā€¦ :laughing:

The way fire dances and spreads I can totally feel the connection to passion :heart_on_fire: It has a flowy character to me thatā€™s close to water, but quicker and lighter. Water feels heavier andā€¦ deeper to me. Both also have their calm modes that feel very nourishing and nurturing :hugs:

This sounds so good, the next time I have a lucid dream I definitely want to try this! :smiling_face: :revolving_hearts:
And why not other elements tooā€¦ immersed in a sea of flames, swimming in lava, flying through the air (a classic :sweat_smile:), diving into a swampā€¦ :star_struck:

Iā€™d be half tempted to use some kind of a homemade mask and air hose solution, but Iā€™d be playing with my lifeā€¦ :rofl: Definitely not without someone looking after me!

Thank you for your part in it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Follow up question: Do you feel most connected to the element associated with your zodiac sign? For example, Iā€™m a Leo, but I tend to feel more connected to water than fire. Iā€™m just curious if there is a correlation.

9 Likes

I think this is a great way to describe how they both feel! Fire is definitely quicker and more direct. Water is slower and moreā€¦not gentle, but yeah, deeper is a good word for it.

It is so much! :ocean: Theyā€™re some of my favorite dreams - and honestly, some of the only ones I remember from when I was a kid :laughing:

Ya know, Iā€™ve thought about it - but youā€™re right, I shouldnā€™t play with my life like that :joy: even if I had someone watching, it would still freak me out!

Ohhhā€¦ this is a great question! Overall, I think I do feel a closer connection to water than anything else. Iā€™m a Scorpio Sun, so that makes sense.

I had a peek at my entire chart and my element breakdown is like this.

:water_element: Water: 4
:fire_element: Fire: 3
:earth_element: Earth: 5
:air_element: Air: 2

So, I guess looking at my entire chart, it makes sense why I connect with every element excent water, and sometimes struggle to connect with fire. I wonder if astrology plays any role in our connections to the elements! :thinking: Something more to ponder, I suppose!

9 Likes

A quiz! :star_struck:

For me itā€™s Water :water_element:

I have so much of it in my chart, grew up around it, and have what Iā€™ve recently been noticing is an imbalance of Divine Feminine/Yin energy- itā€™s overpowering. Iā€™ve been trying to work on Divine Masculine/Yang energy in my life, but itā€™s been slow going. Although the summer solstice and peak of solar energy seems to be helping! :sun_with_face: :grinning: :fire:

I love the quiz and Iā€™m super excited to see the results- these types of questions are always so interesting to explore! Thank you for sharing the quiz, @CelestiaMoon! :raised_hands: :heart:

The data is pretty limited, but looking at the elemental challenges we did in the past (with the Air Challenge being the least popular), the Type of Witch poll, and now the results from thisā€¦ it seems like, over and over again, Air is the least popular element.

My guess is that itā€™s like you said, Megan, that itā€™s an intangible element- harder to work with and connect to. But maybe there are other reasons tooā€¦ itā€™s an interesting topic to explore! :mag: :mag: :thinking:

Scorpio may be spicy, but itā€™s still a water sign soā€¦ yup, that tracks for my sun sign! :laughing: :+1:

Had to look mine up again on Astro Cafe!

feminine 7 water 4
masculine 3 fire 0
cardinal 4 air 3
fixed 6 earth 3
mutable 0

Yeahā€¦ itā€™s all tracking :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

There absolutely is for me! :blush: Iā€™m a Cancer Sun, Sagittarius Rising :wink:

For me itā€™s

:water_element: Water: 5
:fire_element: Fire: 5
:air_element: Air: 3
:earth_element: Earth: 1

It makes complete sense to me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Awww, youā€™re welcome, I can feel your excitement and I love it :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

Iā€™m pretty well balanced there, though I do feel more at home with feminine energy too. :pink_heart: I can definitely feel the shift of the seasons too :blush: :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Iā€™m new here and I really enjoyed taking my first poll! I live in the woods so I feel like Iā€™m in touch with all four elements :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Awww, that sounds lovely, welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Itā€™s funny how that all works out :laughing:

From what I know about you, Iā€™d say youā€™re right! It sounds exactly like you :blush:

Welcome to the forum @tina28 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying your time here! Living in the woods is a dream for a lot of people - Iā€™m glad it gives you the connection to all elements!

7 Likes

Look at that- youā€™ve got a beautiful balance of fire and water, Celestia! :fire: :ocean: :sparkles: :grinning:

Welcome, Tina! :wave: :blush:

6 Likes

My chart says

Fire 3
Air 5
Earth 5
Water 4

But I have always had a Love of Water. According to my Chinese chart I am a wood person with a water personality. My water aspect is higher than my wood aspect if I have read it correctly.

These are the types of things that should be taught in our schools, if public education is necessary. Give ourselves the tools we need to live our lives in knowledge instead of memorization. Allow ourselves to flow into what we Love and aspire to be. Give ourselves the freedom to become our best selves with guidance instead of indoctrination.

stepping down off my soap box now

8 Likes

Although mine is just fire, i tend to feel drawn to water like oceans and such. It maybe as i am a Leo and fire is my element but who knowsā€¦

7 Likes

Also as my moon or rising sign i am a moon Pisces sign which interprets as:

With the moon in Pisces, individuals are very sensitive, and they often lose themselves in the problems and feelings of others, towards whom they are extremely receptive . They are imaginative beings, and may seem to get lost in their own fantasy world at times.

Source:
Effects Of Moon In Pisces Zodiac Sign.

8 Likes

So I did this, tooā€¦

masculine 5 fire 2
feminine 5 earth 3
cardinal 1 air 3
fixed 6 water 2
mutable 3

But now I have to go figure out what it all means. :joy:

So far, all I really understand is Sun in Taurus, Moon in Aquarius.

8 Likes

@starborn I see you stand in the crossroads too (balance in masculine and feminine, and the elements) :silver_heart: Hecate could be a good match for you, if you feel inclined to working with deities :blush: :black_heart:

I used to have a connection with her for a while, but seeing the kind of passion I had she pointed me to Lilith insteadā€¦ :sweat_smile: :heart_on_fire:

7 Likes

Oh, you mention both Hekate and Lilith. You might enjoy who helped me with my wand then. :smile:

7 Likes

I love your wand, it feels very powerful :blush: :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m a wierdo in the bunch. Just air. I do work with all the elements, but my specialty is what seems like everybody else rejected.

As for astrology, I am pretty illiterate. Can someone help me plot the elements on this mess?

Um I hope that leads to my chartā€¦

Now, if you would have added Spirit to the elements, Iā€™d say thatā€™s where I shine. Itā€™s been my focus ever since Dad died or since my first remembered dream, which was probably around the same time. They probably reinforced each other.

6 Likes

It doesnā€™t ā€“ unfortunately the nature of some websites. If you use this version, Free Astrology Birth Chart Report, you can click a checkbox to make sure the resulting URL is shareable.

Otherwise, if youā€™re comfortable with sharing your details, either here or via PM, we can do it for you.

Whateverā€™s more comfortable for you. :black_heart:

Me, too.

2%ers unite! :joy:

7 Likes