October 2022 All about pets and animals

I thought this month we could do a pet specific topic because I know many of us will be dressing our pets up for the October festivities and also, it’s so great in many of the other threads to see everyone’s pets and share my own to get to know each other better!

Pets are family, and save us all in one way or another - let’s celebrate them here! :heart_eyes_cat: :dog: :snake: :hamster: :pig:

17 Likes

Here is Mitten today, she’s being lazy and makes me want to nap!

12 Likes

I am SO excited for this!!! We have four American Bullies. My boyfriend and I have Athena, Pompeii, and our new puppy from Athena - Preacher. We also have my boyfriend’s daughter’s dog, Vaeda. They are lazy, silly, goofy, and family-friendly dogs. They love attention, belly rubs, licking us to death, and FOOD.

Happy October to all the pets! Once I get pictures of them in their costumes, I will post more photos!

12 Likes

Oh my @Janae_Rochele look at all those pups!!! WOW they look so fun, I can’t wait to see their costumes!!! :dog:

8 Likes

Look at those faces… Too cute :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

she’s camera ready…lol @jan_TheGreenWitch

7 Likes

Hooray for a pet/animal thread! :tada: And extra exciting to have a seasonal one- I can’t wait to see everyone’s cute Halloween outfits! :two_hearts: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

This is so true :heart:

6 Likes

@Janae_Rochele: Look at the couch hippos!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am child-free so my animals are my children. Here is my pack (minus my gecko leopard):

I do have costumes for my pibbles :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::

9 Likes

I love the couch potatoes and those costumes — stealing golf carts and being too cute are their crimes - that is so cute! They wear the costumes well and the hats stay on!!! Love it @Amaris_Bane :dog:

5 Likes

I won’t be dressing up my snakes or gecko, nor my cat because she’d kill me in my sleep :sweat_smile: but I’m just here to say HOW CUUUTEEE!! I’m going to be stalking this thread all month long :rofl:

7 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch, thanks!! I was surprised they left the hats alone, lol. I figured that would be the first to go.

@MeganB, HAHA!! Same. I wouldn’t survive the day if I tried to dress my cats. :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Welcome my 2 newest members of the family Twilight (white female) and Salem (grey male) they are baby bunnies! I wanted another pet rabbit for ages and my husband finally agreed! :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

Also you may remember midnight (black male) and Luna (calico female) :heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

I’m loving everyone’s pet pics! I decided based on the tarot reading @Susurrus gave today in the coven post, I would do a protection jar spell for my pets.

it’s not pretty but it works! I combined all 3 of my pets into one jar, however you can do separate jars, and as always substitute what you wish for anything in my recipe!

Pet Protection Spell Bottle

Start by cleansing each item you will use - I used a bell to sound cleanse.

Ingredients:

Bottle/container that will hold at least 2 1/2 cups of ingredients and has a top you can put a taper candle in

1 cup of soil
1 cup of salt
1 white taper candle
1 stick pin - I used a sharp small nail
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon of dill seeds
1 tablespoon of fennel seeds - star anise, caraway, cumin or clove are substitutes - I used caraway.
1 carnelian stone (sacral chakra - boosts energy). Substitute a crayon if you don’t have a carnelian stone - I used a black chime candle and broke it into 3 pieces - one for each of my pets and drew their names in each piece. Crystal Substitutes for Harmonizing Your Vital Energies on a Budget

It did not call for rosemary but I added it anyway.

Put half a cup of dirt into the bottom of the bottle.

Add half a cup of salt on top of that (to make layers).

Next add the bay leaf and the dill and fennel seeds.

Put another half a cup of salt on top of this and another half a cup of dirt on top of the salt.

Drop the carnelian stone on top of everything.

Use a stick pin to carve the words:

“Protect pets name((s) here” in the taper candle stick.

Fit candle into the top of the bottle. I cut a waxed piece of cardboard and used a rubber band to affix it to top of jar. Or, if the taper is too big wedge it in (by circling it) until it stays securely by itself.

Burn the candle when convenient. You don’t have to burn it all down at once, but eventually the candle will burn itself out (you could maybe burn it once a week or so).

When the candle will not stay lit any longer, put the spell bottle near the place your pet spends most of his or her time.

8 Likes

I need one for my pibble… he would be perfect when we take our coastline drive each day. :rofl:

5 Likes

This is such a beautiful spell- I love that you included carnelian too! :orange_heart: :blush: May your beautiful spell bottle help to protect and keep your furry friends safe :pray::heart:

6 Likes

This is my best friend, Arya! My husband and I each claim to be her favorite :joy: She’s a red Siberian Husky, who will be 5 next month!

9 Likes

@jill5 Arya is gorgeous - is her name from GOT?! My husband and I claim to be my dog Beau’s fav, but Joey Belle and Mitten are def mine ;).

:brown_heart:

5 Likes

Yes, totally from GoT! I was originally going to name her Sansa, but she’s too much of a wild child lol.

7 Likes

It’s perfect name for her looks! Strong, mysterious, bad a$$ #girlpower!

6 Likes

My little Joey Belle took over her brother’s big bed last evening for a nap lol! No drama there….

9 Likes