October 2022 All about pets and animals

Hi! So, one thing that I now do on a daily basis is take my pibble pupper Alphie for a ride along the coast from the tip of our town to the other end… all in all it takes about an hour on an average day… anyway… being the “lap dog” that he is… he HATES water & anything to do with it. If it’s raining outside more than a sprinkle… he will lay down at the door & hold it instead of going out in the rain. He won’t go across the threshold to the bathroom & forget the basement. (There’s an evil washer & dryer down there!) :rofl:

So I have found out that he loves the ocean, but on his terms:

That’s the parking lot before the ocean & part of the dune in front of the ocean :ocean:

That is the coast with some beach grass & little wooden fence… if you can call it that… but one of his favorite parts of the ride because he can see the wide open ocean without cars & dunes & parking lots. :joy:

7 Likes

Gorgeous, thank you for sharing this, I love it! :brown_heart: @Susurrus

5 Likes

Oh, you are very welcome, he & I go for the ride every day we get there through a different set of backroads & then follow the coast from end to end as far as we can go. His favorite parts are where the roads are right on the water & he can see across to Nantucket or Martha’s Vineyard… as they get to be more people-oriented beaches with parking lots before the water he isn’t out the window as much :rofl:

We do have people that sit on a wall when hit the turnaround by a coffee shop that waves to us now when we go by & a couple of the delivery drivers & the on-foot police officer in that area know him too :rofl: The workers on the landscape for the Nobska Lighthouse beep to us from their machines, it’s a thing now in town :joy:

6 Likes

Bunnies!!! And Midnight and Luna are so adorable! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I love this!! Neither of mine really like to ride. They like the destination but not the getting there party, lol. They will usually sleep anytime we after in the Jeep.

5 Likes

Ahh, the bed was just right!

5 Likes

Thank you they are so sweet! Unfortunately due to tight space i had to clean up the hutch out back and put the bunnies out and also get my kittens used of being partial outdoor cats. So far neither species minds and Midnight actually made friends with a little ginger cat too :blush:

6 Likes

Moonshine never liked to go for any rides. He would lay down on the floor of the car. If he was on the backseat it was because he just hadn’t made it to the floor.

Alphie once he realized how much he could see in the front & could sniff the breezes our coast rides became an easy favorite for him. So now he kind of sits like he’s driving & paying attention to the roads until we get close to the ocean then out the window, then sit, & then out the window. It’s so funny. He leans with the turns, sits when it’s a sharp turn, and sits when we get to one of the bridges.

That’s him when we aren’t near the water or on our way to the coast :joy:

7 Likes

@Susurrus Cobalt will sit like that if we are not going fast. All my other pibbles I’ve had like to sit that way as well!!

@TheMuslimWitch aww, I always had indoor/outdoor cats growing up as we loved in the country. They are really great at keeping pests at bay.

6 Likes

Yes i loved them indoor as they comfort me but hubby has agreed to leave the back door open in the day time when we are home and they can come and go as they please on the agreement that all their food and litter tray things stay underground outside due to hygiene reasons. They are totally safe and have been fully vaccinated, microchipped, desexed and have their name tags with my mobile number on it, but it seems to work for them too. As for the bunnies we had a big shed we never used which was originally for chickens and we cleaned it out and put all their belongings in their much better than the smaller cage they were in and since the weather is nice here they are happier too. In saying this, it doesn’t stop me to bring them in for a cuddle or to let them wonder in my sacred room a bit :blush: I maybe getting 2 additional bunnies a kind lady cannot care for so i will be picking them up this afternoon if all goes well… :heartpulse:

4 Likes

I have two cats named Luna and Goose. Luna is a calico long hair and goose is an orange tabby. Here is a picture of them.

7 Likes

@Amaris_Bane do your pibbles sit lazy? :laughing: Moonshine would sit so lazy & his bum was ALWAYS at least 1 - 2 inches off the ground, floor, surface. Now I’m on a picture hunt. :rofl:

I love :heart_eyes: to see everyone’s pictures of their animals. I really wish I could have a cat. I miss mine, she was a good girl. Mybdaughter named her when she was 2… so the cat’s name was… Kitty. :joy:

3 Likes

This is Tank. He is 9 years old and a total mama’s boy! He’s a big suck and loves EVERYBODY! He’s part Jack Russell, part Pug, and part German Shepherd. We all love him to bits :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

@Catharine what a cutie pie

5 Likes

May I see them? :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Do you consider them your familiars? Are they friendly? Do you make protection spell jars as I do for my bundles of fluff? This is mainly a free-for-all in regard to pets. I want to hear y’all brag about your pets. :hugs:

So I am not asking without giving, here are my bundles of fluff and joy!!!

Here is Shadow, AKA Mr. Man, Mr. MAYON, The Adult Man, etc. He is 5-6 months old (In his teenage years now LOL, we rescued him from a barn at 4.5 weeks oldish. He believes he is an adult man, a taxpayer if you will). He likes the finer things in life, like IAMS Kitten Perfect Portions (although if you ask him, the portions are too small LOL. I promise we feed him the right amount + treats haha) and attacking my dad’s ankles. When I make protection spell jars, I 100% use catnip. He LOVES catnip and would fight someone for some catnip.

And this is Sadie, AKA Bubbies, Baby Gorls, Mama’s Gerls, Stinky girl, etc. She is a 3-year-old Chihuahua/Beagle mix, aka a Cheagle. She also likes the finer things in life, which include barking at anyone who is between the ages of 0-14 and 50-as old as one can get, and eating treats (specifically Pupperoni’s). She enjoys long walkies on the leash while I am being dragged behind, and she also likes to play with Shadow (although the kitten always wins LOL). When I make protection spell jars to protect the baby gorl, I always include a treat from her stash (don’t tell her LOL).

Blessed be!!!
:hugs:

15 Likes

Aww so cute!!! I will share some pics as soon as my daughter returns my phone from playing Roblox… So frustrating if you ask me. I was supposed to take pictures of my natural wildlife as well to share but couldn’t so far… Boy there will be a lot of pictures. I got 2 kittens, 4 bunnies, 2 salt water fish, 1 tropical fish (its friend unexplainably passed on a few months back), 4 cockatiels, 2 budgies and a canary (we adopted 2 but we knew the boy one would pass on as he was very ill and couldn’t hold the perch for long, owner said the female picked on him and even after separation he didn’t get better).
Oh on top of that we got the neighbours pregnant kitty visiting us. She’s became so friendly she even walks through our house like she owns the place. Bad mistake feeding her (well i didn’t initially feed her, she was eating my kittens food since we moved them outback now she meows for food too :laughing:
Will share my babies shortly :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

11 Likes

@youngea
I don’t have pic’s, my phone doesn’t like me. I have 5 cats.
The oldest is Max, AKA Maxamouth, siamese seal point, and has to have the last word. He lost sight in one eye and it’s swollen, right now it will cost 1,100$ to remove it. Since he isn’t in pain, when we save the money we’ll have it removed. Then we’ll call him Max the Pirate, ARG!
The next was a scruffy kitten who’d had a cyst on her neck, behind her right ear. They called her “FrankenKitten”, at the SPCA, Appalled, I brought her home and named her Amy Anne. She grew into a long-haired white cat with a beauty mark on her cheek. She’s a bully who rules the rest.
Next in line…(I don’t have a lot of imagination) Mr. Grey because he’s grey. He’s Loving and has a thick soft coat.
Next would be Tippy, Black with a white tip on his tail.
The last is an all-black cat named Radar because no matter where Rich is, he can find him. He had his tail almost bitten off by a dog so he has this cute stumpy tail.
Each one is loving and sweet.
I have to keep my altar supplies in a cupboard because Max and Amy will look me in the eye and knock things to the floor. Cheeky creatures! And attention seekers.
Thanks for asking
Blessed be
Garnet

8 Likes

Aww. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Here are my fur babies.

Cobalt, 8yo American Pit Bull Terrier/Boxer. We adopted him from a bully breed rescue in my home town when he was 4 months. He was found as a stray and taken to a kill shelter. Thankfully they let the rescue pull him. He’s my baby.

Wilson, 12yo APBT. Again, adopted from the same rescue as Cobalt. He was an owner surrender to a shelter and was horribly neglected. He had an extreme skin infection, heartworm positive, and under weight. As he got healthy, we began to uncover issues that have led us to some assumptions about his previous life. He was beaten and starved, left in a room and never cared for medically. He was not housebroken at 11yos, still gets into the trash and counter surfs looking for food, and has bad separation anxiety. We have been working for 2 years now with him to overcome his past and he makes leaps and bounds. However, there will be things that we just can’t fix.

Lord Nibbler, 9yo domestic short hair tabby. Nibs was found in the middle of a busy street by a fellow grad student’s wife. Long story short, we ended up with him. He was extremely sick. Within a week, he was a different cat! Now he’s the spoiled king of the castle.

Bender, 7yo domestic medium coat. Bender and his three siblings were found in the frame of a utility truck at my husband’s work that had arrived from Dallas the day before. Me and him instantly bonded and it wasn’t long before he had worked his magick on David too. Now he’s my fat house panther that goes crazy after pooping and terrorizes everyone in the house.

Here he is judging me early in the morning (pretty sure he was trying to decide if he could eat me… He thinks we starve him).

Lastly, there is Harry Spotter, a ~15yo leopard gecko that I adopted from my aunt’s son when he lost interest. Harry isn’t very social but will watch me when I’m in the kitchen.

Here he is sleeping in his food dish. :rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Forgot to mention that Nibs is my familiar.

6 Likes

Oh my god! I’m dying of love and cuteness overdose right now!!!

I have my little fur love, He’s called Neo. Neo was found in the river, where his parents abandon him and the other puppies of the litter. Unfortunately, the river rose due to the rains and all the puppies drowned except for Neo.
He managed to survive eight months in that place, enduring firecrackers and mischief that the children did to him, until a kennel found him and rescued him.

Nobody wanted to take him in foster care because he was a very fearful dog, and he was in the kennel for another seven months, until one day I saw him through photos and fell in love with him. I was warned a lot of times that it was a “hard case”, that if I wanted to I could regret it and return it, but I refuse it.

Now he doesn’t look like the same dog I rescued almost three years ago, he’s a happy, playful, hungry and sleepy puppy who loves to be by my side when I do witchcraft and who loves to greet the Goddess with a “nose boop” every time we go up to worship her.

10 Likes