Looking for some advice

So this friend ive had since i was a kid seems to be starting to raise some red flags for me. I mean the first time i talked to her she asked for money for cat litter witch i loaned her the following day she asked for more money and just now she asked for yet more money. I inly loaned her money for cat litter but that’s it but she keeps asking for money.

6 Likes

Without really knowing the details of the situation, maybe just tell her that you Just don’t have anything extra to give, but maybe offer to help her find other resources, if you’re willing. That way you can still feel like you’re helping her, but you’re helping her with your time instead. Of course, only if you want to. Your time is precious too!

Oh I meant to also maybe give examples of other resources like food pantries, there’s an app called next door where sometimes people in your neighborhood are getting stuff away like that, maybe the local animal shelter, etc.

5 Likes

Ive tried that before she just gets mad at me saying you get 500 every sale you make so why cant you share it. Realistically its every 2 sales i get 500 and i work for it.

5 Likes

What people sometimes forget is you can have a million dollars sitting in your bank account, but that’s YOURS. And maybe you have plans for it. Maybe you don’t. But it doesn’t matter, because it’s yours. :wink:
Don’t let people try and guilt you about that. You probably worked hard for your job and you deserve every penny you get, you also deserve to do what you want with it. A real friend will understand that. And if he or she gets mad for a little bit, then that’s just probably how it’s going to be for a little bit but again if they’re a real friend, they’ll see what’s up in the end.

5 Likes

I know it’s probably not the easiest nicest answer to have for a friend in that situation. But things aren’t always easy and nice. I know it sucks and I hope that everything is cool with you guys.

5 Likes

I hope so too shes bad with money and is refusing to keep to a budget witch i do shes on disability as am i and cant seem to keep the same job for longer then a few months while ive started my own busines and shop run online ofcorse but i work mon-fri 10am-7pm on the dolls i make.

4 Likes

I think you are really kind for wanting to help her, @Nikita-mikaelson, but I agree with the advice @ValentineMoonBabe has shared- your money and time are both valuable. And you work hard for your income! It sounds to me like, just because you loaned her a bit once, she feels entitled to more- and that’s not how money (or friendship!) works.

You have every right to have a fair and honest talk with her. Let her know that you very kindly lent her money a few times, but at the end of the day it was a loan- you can’t offer her any more until she repays the loaned money she has already received, because that wouldn’t be fair to you. You aren’t a bank or a loan agent- you’re supposed to be her friend. And friends don’t take advantage of each other, they stick together on equal and fair terms :two_women_holding_hands: :balance_scale:

I know it can be hard to have a talk like this, but you need to lay your boundaries, Nikita. It’s not a true friendship if she is just taking advantage of you.

Wishing you all the best- good luck and blessed be! :heart::sparkles:

5 Likes

Yea i do need to lay boundaries with her. I know this I’m just not looking forward to being screamed at for not being a good friend its what she dose when things dont go her way she blames everyone else but herself. She is one of those people who basically believe the world revolves around them. I put up with alot for her i can take her bad mouthing my religion i can take her being a bitch to me i can even take when she physically gets violent towards me. But she needs to understand that money dose not grow on trees.

Now understand i put up with this because we were raised together she’s basically my little sister

4 Likes

Sounds like she is important to you, Nikita. Hard talks are always hard, but I think they are especially difficult when they need to be done with the people we care most about. But that also makes the most important talks to have!

Sending positive thoughts your way, Nikita- I hope the two of you can work things out peacefully :heart::dove:

4 Likes

Ask her if she wants to work with you and help you out with your dolls. Then ask her why you should give her your money if she’s not willing to work for it.

Red flags all over the place!

5 Likes

Nikita-mikaelson
Good Morning.

I feel that your ‘friend’ is taking advantage and perhaps it’s time to say no.
Blessings
Garnet

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.