Love and light, my fellow witches! Some questions

Hi @chaitea43 and welcome to spell8!

I’m a green witch so my focus is primarily on practicing as a naturalist, an herbalist, a wise woman, and a healer. I embrace the power of nature; I draw energy from the Earth and the Universe; I rely on natural objects like stones and gems to commune with the land I try to live off of; I use plants, flowers, oils, and herbs for healing; I call on nature for guidance; and I respect every living being no matter how small.

I’m also very drawn to traditional witchcraft and Druidism from the British isles.

Like everyone else, we’re so glad you’ve joined and if I can ever help, just shout out!

• Satu
8 Likes

First of all, welcome to the forum! It’s always exciting to see a new face around here.

As for tips, my one tip that I wish I could tell all witches everywhere is take it slow. Don’t overwhelm yourself with information because then chances are you’ll give up. Learn about the things that interest you first rather than what you feel like you need to know.

Check out the courses here on Spells8, too! There is a lot that can be learned, plus a few surprises on the way!

7 Likes

Merry meet @chaitea43,

Welcome to the forum! :blush:

I absolutely love your username- I have a bit of a tea obsession and a good spiced chai is a favorite, especially on a chilly autumn morning :fallen_leaf: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Speaking of tea, have you ever given Tea Readings a try? It’s a traditional and fun form of divination- feel free to check out the Tasseography/Tea Leaf Readings Guide with step-by-step instructions! :tea::magic_wand:

There are also weekly tea rituals and meditations hosted here in the forum every Thursday. If that sounds like your cup of tea (:wink:), feel free to take a look at this week’s ritual post- you are warmly invited to join this and any other Spells8 activities that call to you! Make yourself at home here :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

aww thanks for your reply! I feel such energy and affection from your words. Just what I need this sleepy Wednesday morning. I also love tea! Admittedly I have chai the most and for just the mundane reason of not being a morning person, lol. But I like many other teas, too, especially herbal ones.

It’s funny you mention tea leaves, I recently thought I should try it! But at the same time, I’m not used to drinking loose leaf tea lol. I think it’s worth a try. I already see things in shapes of clouds, leaves, trees etc. as I look around the world, so it might come naturally to me. Plus it makes me think of Harry Potter, lol, and childhood.

Thanks so much for these resources! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! You have made me feel welcome. I’m relieved to hear it’s accepted here if you don’t follow a more Western tradition divinity. Thank you for the links! I am intrigued by the Celtic pantheon, and often find myself reading fiction or historical fiction about it, because it has a lot of magic and I like to write fantasy novels and shorts.

Chakra energy! How cool! I definitely believe in that stuff. When I was a kid my dad would do daily yoga, angel meditations, and chakra cleansing stuff. Alas, I wasn’t so interested then and didn’t learn it from him. He passed away when I was 20 years old. Now I’m learning some of the arts he incorporated into his daily life, and it feels good to try these magical things out knowing he may have done some of these practices, too.

5 Likes

Oh awesome! I’m working on a post for each Chakra (The Main 7). I have done A History of the Chakra Energy Systems that may hekp you get started!

The The Goddess Course may be of interest too they cover many that are common & not so common.

5 Likes

Hello @chaitea43! I am an eclectic green witch from Texas. I pull my beliefs/practices from all over using what appeals to me or “jumps” out at me. I work with three of the Greek gods/goddesses but love learning about all the other pantheons out there. Everyone’s path is unique to them, even if they work/worship the same deities so don’t worry about that part!

As for tips for a newbie…I wish when I was first starting out that someone had told me as @MeganB did and to take it slow. There is no need to hurry and learn everything at once. I also wish someone would have told me sooner that I didn’t have to follow the same path of learning as others before me. When I was first starting out I felt you had to do A before you could do B then you could do C. Now I know that is not true. Do what calls to you! There is no “right” order to learn the craft, although I do stress that you learn protection and grounding before all else to keep yourself safe.

The courses are a great place to start and I personally like the daily and lunar rituals. I may not do them everyday but it is a good starting place. Each day the pages will also have links to various other pages within Spells8 that are related to the day of the week such as particular gods/goddess that are worshiped that day or candle/color magick. Sometimes I go just to link out to a new page I haven’t read before.

Anyways, welcome to the group!

7 Likes

Thank you! I feel the care in your reply. I definitely believe in taking it slow, especially in this speedy age we live in. As a newbie it’s tempting to explore multiple topics, but I’ve found i forget stuff more that way. Thanks for the reninder to take it one step at a time, and that everyone’s path is different.

6 Likes

Reading your post, I felt like we have a lot in common! I like reading Tarot cards, doing candle spells, jar spells and collecting moonwater, too. And my practice makes me feel closer to nature and more in tune with my emotional needs.

On Spells8, I think the lunar daily spells are beautiful and good for beginners (or anyone at any stage). I have tried several Spells8 spell and esp. recommend the Amulet Consecration spell, the Gratitude Salt Spell and the Bay Leaf Wish Spell.

7 Likes

Yay! Always a pleasure to meet fellow tea-lovers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It sounds like you’ve got a natural knack for reading symbolism- and that tea divination was already on your mind as well! And yesss sometimes I still feel like I’m in Professor Trelawney’s classroom when I read- the Harry Potter books were my childhood too :joy:

Best of all, there’s absolutely nothing to lose from giving tea readings (or any new area of the Craft for that matter!) a try :blush::tea: If you decide to give it a go, I hope you enjoy it! (And let me know what you think! :wink:)

Cheers! :heart:

6 Likes

wow that all sounds intriguing! Thank youuu~!

7 Likes

I will definitely be taking this tarot course! thank you.

6 Likes

The Goddess course was intriguing! Thank you. I just wish they had more Eastern goddesses in there, in addition to African and Western cultures.

6 Likes

Thank you for the links!

7 Likes

@chaitea43
First and foremost, welcome to spells8.
Second and more important is, We worship the Gods we are drawn to. We don’t always fit into the slot of a certain religion. If we don’t agree with a doctrine or the dogma they teach, don’t. you know right from wrong.

As a rule we don’t take offense with what people say, but remember, hurtful words cannot be withdrawn. Better to err on Niceness than be unpleasant.
We reap what we sew? Absolutely, only most pagan and Wiccan styled faiths say. Whatever you do will return to you 3 fold.

• Athames are associated with the element fire and commonly used to direct energy.
    Bolines more commonly have a curved blade and are used for physical purposes such as cutting herbs or items in spell work.
    Both can be as complicated and ornate as you choose, or as plain and simple as you wish.
    Blessed be
    Garnet
7 Likes

You’re welcome! Anything to help!

6 Likes

Welcome welcome. Have u ever tried making your own chai tea? Herbs are my specialty.

7 Likes

whoooaaa what a beautiful herb pantry you’ve got there! I have never tried making my own chai tea, but I really should try it lol, considering how often I choose that tea to drink. Any tips?

7 Likes

For chai find a good roobius for your base. Also when u can try to buy locally your herbs or grow them. If u are like me and have to order herbs online and grow your own have at least 2 suppliers. I personally have 3. But i have tested these suppliers and their herbs are superior quality. Ive gotten herbs before that are like saw dust.

7 Likes

As someone who lives in an RV full-time (i.e., limited space), I am so jealous of this apothecary!!! I have a decent one considering my space but would love to have more. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes