½ cup sour cream
1 ½ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Step 2

Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until just tender, about 5 minutes. Coarsely chop the broccoli.

Step 3

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue stirring until the onion and garlic are starting to brown, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.

Step 4

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup Cheddar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the onion mixture and stir until well combined. Add the broccoli and stir until coated. Transfer to an 8-inch-square baking dish; sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar. Bake until the casserole is hot and the cheese has melted about 25 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.

Nutritional Facts:

Serving Size: 1 cup

Per Serving:
179 calories; protein 7.3g; carbohydrates 5.2g; dietary fiber 0.7g; sugars 2.2g; fat 14.8g; saturated fat 6.8g; cholesterol 37.2mg; vitamin a iu 757.5IU; vitamin c 14.1mg; folate 16.5mcg; calcium 195.9mg; iron 0.2mg; magnesium 8mg; potassium 125.6mg; sodium 339.5mg.

Recipe courtesy of Eating Well.

5 Likes

I love broccoli and cheddar anything! And cream cheese? Yes, please! Yum!

5 Likes

Don’t forget the sour cream! It was yummy!

3 Likes

I’ve been eating Croatian pasties for the last three days- they’re great, but gosh the things I would do for a tasty casserole :drooling_face: :two_hearts:

Thanks for another mouth-watering recipe, @Amethyst! :heart::blush:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

2 Likes