⭐ Lucid Dreaming - How to Gain Control of Your Dreams

Thank you. your insight is really helpful! :blush: I feel it may not be a lucid dream after researching what lucid dreaming is. I do not think i have ever been dreaming i am dreaming and actually wake up in my dream knowing i was dreaming (that was a mouthful lol). But never say never, perhaps i will have one :blush:

7 Likes

I have parasomnia. Lucid dreaming has become pretty common to me. It still scares me from time to time. I had a dream the other night i was in a “gun fight”. I jumped in a car to take cover and told myself" you cant get hurt you are dreaming". It was freaky!

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch I had a couple of dreams like that when I was pregnant, they really stayed with me all day and affected my mood - and one was really awful, I stabbed someone, and all day worried they were ok.

I had this one that was like a dream within a dream I had woken up (in my dream) to find a big spider on the ceiling. I knew I was dreaming so I made myself wake up (in the dream) but awake now, the spider was still there, so I rushed across the room the hide in a corner, screaming (still asleep) I awoke in the corner with my Hubby trying to calm me down and understand WTH happened.

Haven’t done it since though, and I can’t even remember most of my dreams.

5 Likes

Weeds? :herb: Interesting- was it a lucid dream (you realized within the dream that you were dreaming)?

That’s amazing, Eliza! For those who have repeat nightmares/dream of the same bad situation, I believe lucid dreaming is a great way to gain control of the situation and break the cycle. It sounds like this time you held the power and called the shots- and everyone in your dream world respected you for it :clap::grinning:

Thank you so much for sharing about your lucid dreaming experience! It sounds like you have a knack for it :blush:

Cheers to this! :raised_hands: Sometimes it takes being aware of something to pick up on it- now that you’ve learned a bit more about lucid dreaming, I think you’ll be much more likely to be able to recognize it when it happens! Wishing you all the best- if you find yourself lucid dreaming in the future, please feel free to share it here! :heart::blush:

In your dream world, if you believe it- it becomes true :star2:

I don’t know much about the ties between parasomnia and lucid dreaming, but it sounds like in this case it allows you to experience more lucidity in dreams. That’s really interesting, Dorian- thank you very much for sharing! :heart:

Wow, @Jacky- it sounds like your lucid state in the dream crossed with your physical state in the real world, with the situation playing out partially both within the dream and within reality. I wonder if something like that might count as sleepwalking too? Either way, it’s really interesting- I’ve never had a lucid dream cross over like that!

It sounds like it was a frightening situation- I’m glad you were okay (darn those dream spiders! I’m terrified of them too :spider: :sweat_smile:) and that your husband was there to comfort you. Thank you very much for sharing, and I hope you have much sweeter and happier lucid dreams in the future! :pray::sparkles:

8 Likes

No it’s more of a premonition of my female friend smoking, you know & she did the night I dreamt it.

I have a lot of short premonition dreams, interesting

5 Likes

Although different from lucid dreams, premonition dreams are also very exciting and full of possibilities! :star_struck: It sounds like you might have a knack for them, John!

(And it makes me wonder if lucidity could be incorporated into prophetic dreams- how would the two interact? Fascinating to think about!)

I’d love to hear more about any premonition dreams you have- while this discussion is focused on lucidity, please feel free to share about any future premonition/prophetic dreams you experience under the Dreams Tag- I’ll look forward to reading about them! :grinning:

Blessed be (and happy dreaming)! :sparkles:

5 Likes

I feel a general lack of lucidity & heaviness in my dreams, interesting.

5 Likes

In a show of support, I would say it’s pretty normal to not have a lot of lucidity in dreams. From what I’ve learned through my studies on lucid dreams, it seems like lucidity is something that occurs rarely or not at all for most people, especially for those unaware of what it is and how it can be used.

But I truly believe that lucidity in dreams can be increased and enhanced through mindful training- the more aware of it a person is, and the more they use methods that encourage lucidity (like the methods in the video on lucid dreaming above), the more likely and more often they are to have lucid moments while dreaming.

It’s still a special occasion for me when I’m able to have a lucid dream (it’s not something I experience everytime I fall asleep!) but the number of lucid dreams I have has definitely increased and what I’m able to do with them has improved greatly since I started studying them :grinning: :+1:

It takes time and mindful effort, but the rewards are, within the dream world, truly limitless!

I hope that if it is your goal to experience more lucidity, that you’re able to find ways that work for you to nurture your skills- good luck and blessed be, John! :star2:

6 Likes

I used to do this when I had nightmares when I was little. I would close my eyes in the dream to wake myself up and tell myself its a bad dream and when I close my eyes in my dream I do it for real so I will wake myself up. I would hide from the monsters or whatever bad guys were chasing me in the nightmare and close my eyes in the dream. It worked every time… still does sometimes :slight_smile:
I can also control my dreams most of the time. I am
pretty much always aware it is a dream and can control it. Its something that I have always done. I get quite irritated if I can’t do it :joy::joy: I have also always been able to tell the difference between a visitation dream from passed loved ones and a dream where I am just thinking about them. I went searching for my grandmother in a lucid dream last night at her house. I was very much in control of the dream to the point where I felt every footstep as if it were happening, and was looking in each room of her house for her but when I got to her bedroom I realised it wasn’t actually her in the bed and it was my dream state brain creating the image of my Grandmother because she had a different accent. I have been unwell the last few days with a bad cold and have been off sick from work so its possible that my Grandmother didn’t wat to drain my energy in order to contact me as I heard that in order to contact us they use our energy as in an energy exchange type thing as well although I am not certain on that so don’t take my word on that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It sounds like you have an amazing talent for lucid dreaming, @terri6! :star_struck:

If so, then that was a very kind and grandmotherly thing to do to put your health and wellbeing first :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m sorry you weren’t able to visit with her the way you had hoped, but hopefully you can try again and connect once you are fully healed! I hope your cold passes soon- feel better soon, Terri! :pray::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you for your well wishes.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am feeling a little better now. :pray:My grandmother is protective and watches over me even now. I used to get lots of visitations whenever I got feverish which were very scary because it would make me jump and it was always multiple visits whenever they happened. When my grandmother passed she took them away whenever I saw the spirits looking at me she would take them away every time. She still does and she tells me things to protect me as well in dreams. She once told me about keeping a lime by my window to prevent bad spirits coming to me. This was after she passed. Funny thing was she didn’t believe me in life that I saw spirits now she sees just how often I do
:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hahaha well, I suppose death is quite the transformation! I’m glad that you were able to stay connected with her even across the veil, it sounds like you really enjoy your visits together :blush:

May she continue to watch over you and protect you- both in your dreams and while you are awake! :star2:

Lots of love and blessed be :sparkles:

4 Likes

Oh my! I love that you love mermaids (because I do tooooo) and dream of having a lucid dream, with you being underwater! Because I myself have had once or twice such a dream! I felt I was under the vast ocean water and I was swimming in the blue world!! That’s all I remember actually! :sweat_smile: But I hope you really get your wish fulfilled this year, at the very maximum! It could also happen soon despite you being on medications…blessed be dear! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria
As you know, I’m afraid of exploring lucid dreams. A few days ago, I had a lovely dream of my mom floating above me, smiling. I started talking to her and she transformed into an apparition so frightening, I woke right up, gasping!
Talk about night terrors.
Garnet
Sometimes when I have these types of night terrors, I say to myself in the dream, "It’s a dream. It’s just a dream and finally, it becomes, “Please let it be a dream!”

6 Likes

Awww I’m so sorry, @Garnet- it sounded like it started off really lovely! It’s always a shame when a good dream turns into a nightmare :people_hugging: :heart:

I completely understand why you’d be hesitatant about exploring dream magick more after such a nightmare, so I hope you don’t mind if I play devil’s advocate a bit. Since starting my work on lucid dreams, I have to say that I’ve become way more confident that I do have control within the dream world- and this lends me power in dreams even if they aren’t lucid.

I still have bad dreams and nightmares sometimes, but they are much less often than they used to be and even if I can’t take full control, I can usually find the confidence to get some type of power or control in the situation (allowing me to get out or away from bad things in the dream, when I used to be unable to escape, trapped by own mind).

I actually think it is those who suffer from nightmares, doubt, and the inability to escape from bad things in their dreams who have the most to gain from experimenting with lucid dreaming- but that’s just my two cents! :grinning:

Whatever you choose to do, sending lots of love to you- blessed be (and happy dreams!) :heart:

5 Likes