Mabon šŸ‚ (Autumnal Equinox)

Thank you @Missa! This was informative. Canā€™t wait to celebrate!!! :pray::yum:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Marissa!!

Unfortunately with all the social distancing, no big feasts this yearā€¦ :fallen_leaf:

I will go camping for the New Moon before Mabon (on the 17th) so I hope to do some astronomy! Iā€™ll have some nice wine and write a list of things Iā€™m grateful for as Mabon is also known as ā€œWitchesā€™ Thanksgivingā€

6 Likes

@Francisco, I didnā€™t realize that it was known as our Thanksgiving, I think I will plan a feast for my family then! I canā€™t wait to decorate for fall in my house. I love the colors and items that can be put out for others to enjoy.

5 Likes

Thank you @Missa for this list! Very informative and learned a lot of new things! Blessed beā¤ļø

5 Likes

Oooh that sounds fun! Id love to know how your camping goes. Ive never been camping before. But I hope you have a nice and relaxing time! Id love to see pictures too! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yay! Thats great :slight_smile: you are certainly welcome

5 Likes

Yesss! Me too :slight_smile: I love fall its my favorite time of year

5 Likes

Oooh that sounds fun! Im going to decorate my place soon. Fall is my favorite time of year! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@Missa I love decorating for fall and the smells and baking! I canā€™t wait to try the recipe @Francisco posted earlier.

6 Likes

Awesome information, @Missa! :two_hearts: Iā€™m so excited for Mabon, this is my favorite time of year! :heart_eyes: :fallen_leaf: Unfortunately, it seems that Autumn celebrations arenā€™t as big in Poland as they are in other parts of the world (I see pumpkin spice things all over the internet, but alas! Not a single shop in Warsaw with a pumpkin spice beverage yet :sweat_smile:). So I will have to be extra creative with decorations and cooking to celebrate the Fall festivities here at home! Thank you for sharing this very helpful guide to Mabon :pray::blush:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve actually made pumpkin spice syrup for coffee with these ingredients:
Pumpkin pie spice, also known as pumpkin spice, is an American spice mix commonly used as an ingredient in pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie spice is similar to the British and Commonwealth mixed spice. It is generally a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice. Wikipedia

4 Likes

I had no idea Mabon was called Witches Thanksgiving either!! Do you know any traditional dishes that used to be served?
Iā€™ve been living in a hotel since March due to ahem, whatā€™s going on in the world and having brothers who are high rish, but I should be living in my very own first apartment by then and what better way to celebrate than by going BIG this Mabon?? :relaxed:

4 Likes

Last night I made this, itā€™s called Harvest Bowl and itā€™s basically a roast served over quinoa with tahini sauce:

20200907_133328

The recipe is from Minimalist Baker, their pictures are much nicer! :laughing:

Then thereā€™s the Cryspy apple pie wraps recipe I shared earlier. And LearnReligions also has a collection of Mabon recipes here:

5 Likes

Your picture still looks absolutely DELICIOUS to me!!!
Thank you so much for these two recipes, Iā€™m definitely going to incorporate them into my witches thanksgiving feast this Mabon :fallen_leaf: :sweet_potato: :pie: :champagne: :brown_heart:

3 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome!! Hereā€™s another idea, they sell these at Trader Joeā€™s and at some world markets too:

71hB4OZamGL.SY445

Pumpkin-shaped pasta!! :fallen_leaf: :jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

That pumpkin-pasta is so cute, @Francisco! :jack_o_lantern: :heart_eyes: Ohhhh I can imagine them stuffed with cheese or veggie fillingā€¦ yum! :yum:

Good luck with your own apartment, @LilithLane! I hope you can celebrate with a lovely Mabon feast :pie::fallen_leaf:

While looking for Autumn recipes, I found that two of my favorite witchy YouTube channels have posted Mabon recipes- for anyone else collecting Fall dishes in preparation for Mabon, I thought I would share!

The Green Witchā€™s Mabon Apple Pie

And Harmony Niceā€™s Mabon Buttermilk Bread (+Protection Charm)

Happy Mabon cooking, everyone! :yum::jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

Oh, @BryWisteria I canā€™t wait to try the bread recipe too! Thatā€™s my favorite part of celebrating the Sabbats is the baking. My daughter loves to help me with that and my husband and lovely daughter also like the homemade loaves of bread with extra Love.

4 Likes

I love that too! Iā€™m a beginner at baking but my wife is baking breads with every item available, squash, potatoes! I didnā€™t know you could turn anything into a loaf! :bread:

4 Likes

Your wife sounds like an amazing baker, Francisco! :woman_cook: And that actually reminds me of one wild recipe my aunt likes to make- chocolate zucchini squash bread! :cucumber::bread:

[Picture from Simply Recipes]

If anyone is interested, thereā€™s a recipe for it here: Simply Recipes: Chocolate Zucchini Bread.

It sounds disgusting, but it tastes nothing like squash- just a chocolatey, gooey, deliciously rich cake! For anyone looking for a conversation piece to bring to a party- a chocolate zucchini cake is highly recommended! :laughing:

4 Likes

That sounds good! :drooling_face: And a great way to hide vegtables!

4 Likes