Mabon Celebration

:triquetra:
I am planning a Mabon Celebration. Would I plan for Thursday the 22? (For some reason, I thought it was Tuesday.)
Is anytime particularly auspicious for a spell?

6 Likes

I am planning mine for Thursday. I know the official autumn equinox is 9:04 PM EDT (Almanac) for us here in the Northern Hemisphere.

8 Likes

Honestly, celebrate whenever you can :blush: There’s no need to celebrate exactly on the day of the equinox.

10 Likes

I am going to a witch festival on saterday the 24 th. There is music, dance, stories, a market and also lots of information. I am looking forward to go! So this will be my celebration :smile:

8 Likes

Seconding this! Whenever you’ve got the time is the best time to work in a celebration :grinning: :candle:

For a particularly auspicious time, the exact time of the solstice @Amaris_Bane mentioned would be a good focus point :+1:

Additionally, I’d recommend looking at whatever spells or rituals you are planning- are they moon/sun based? If so, you might choose a time of day that best correlates to your spellwork- midnight (moon or water spells), noon (sun or fire spells), sunrise (increase, growth spells) or sunset (farewell, banishing spells) :sun_with_face: :full_moon_with_face:

Whatever you plan, I’m sure it will be lovely @crystal5- Blessed Mabon! :heart::apple:

4 Likes

I didn’t even think about time of day!! Usually my sabbat celebrations start at dawn and go all day with me performing different rituals/spells at different times during the day so I don’t know why I didn’t think of it.

6 Likes

Brilliant! Because celebrating on a weekend is so much easier than on a weekday!!

4 Likes

My daughter and I are going to a pagan pride event on the 24th! It’s walking distance from our house with vendors and food and a bonfire. It just might be our celebration too :heart: I hope you have fun!

4 Likes

@Melora_Fae Ah that sounds lovely :blush: This one is in the Netherlands so we might not meet :wink: but I will think of you and your daughter and raise a glass to you , maybe some mead? I hope you have a lot of fun together!

5 Likes

@martje yes, I’ll be thinking of you from Alaska! :heart:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.