The images are really pretty and they print nicely and the best is they are on sale right now and are only about 3 Euros. Totally worth it.
I´m using them on my seasonal altars and in my grimoire and it´s just a fun, relaxing thing to do every now and then.
Yes! I love some colouring on a sunday afternoon, after I´ve cleaned my little cosy home and everything is nice and tidy. You know that feeling? And then I´m having a big cup of tea, a nice podcast in my headphones and coloring in a pretty, witchy page. It´s a introverts “afternoon at a fairground”. lol
Always fun to see pagan designs out in the wild - thank you for sharing!
One can never be 100% sure, but I’m seeing signs that these ones were AI-generated. There are some strange design choices (like leaves in weird places), details that melt into one another, and strange blobs/white spots. They are also labeled as “Designed by” instead of “Made by”, which is Etsy’s vague way of separating AI content from handcrafted human content.
(I know a few folks have asked about how to spot AI, so here are a few pics of things to look out for)
Plenty of folks wouldn’t mind, but just a heads up because it’s always good to shop aware! I wish Etsy (and other sites) were more upfront and clear about what content is humancrafted and what is AI. I think shoppers have a right to know what they’re buying. Especially when someone is charging for AI content (that people could generate themselves for free if they wished).
Anyway, I’ll get off my soap box!
Coloring is a lovely and relaxing activity. I really like that drawing exercise you shared the other day, Katharina! I gave it a try with the swirls and you were right, it’s very relaxing
I think you’re spot on - and I’m grateful that you were able to spot these small - but obvious - irregularities that speak to AI. Trying to think if I’ve ever seen a leaf sprouting from a cut pumpkin stem. Small but important details!
Oh, noooo I´m always trying to buy my coloring pages from real artists…this also explains the cheap price. Yeah, I wish Etsy had clearer labeling for AI content.
The proof is in the pudding! Unfortunately, it’s a pudding that looks very convincing at first glance. It takes quite a bit of time and energy to assess art these days, which is unfortunate, as I’d rather be spending that time and energy enjoying what someone created. Alas!
Sorry, Katharina I feel guilty pointing out when something isn’t what it seems (and it’s never against the kind person who was thoughtful and shared something cool they found ) but I believe there’s power in both knowledge and choice. Better to know than not! Especially when there’s hard-earned money involved.
100%. Hopefully someday! I’m staying optimistic that future regulations will help protect and inform customers. So mote it be
Agreed - and @katharina you have nothing to feel bad for other than these shops that aren’t being clear with their labeling. Etsy started off with real goods made by real people, and it’s a shame we even have to study everything so closely - especially from a store like Etsy where the typical customer wants to support human artists!
Nooo, quite the opposite! I´m very grateful for the information. Now I can look closer and make better choices next time.
It did!! This is why I loved buying things there. I did hear that over time shops would pop up and sell mass made items from China, but I did not think that AI would have made it´s way there, too. But, oh well,…the more you learn…
This is so true! There are plenty of places online where folks can go to use or support AI works, so it feels shady to me when AI tries to hide in places that specifically market themselves as handcrafted.
I don’t know of any online craft markets that require everything to be human made, but there are some artist sites and markets online that do that! For anyone interested, here are a few pro-human art sites I know of:
Cara - an online art sharing platform similar to Instagram
VGen - an online art market where you can commission artists or buy ready-made digital art
Artistree - an online art market to commission artists and other digital creators (*They have a human authentication program and take an anti-AI stance, but I can’t find anything in their terms that explicitly bans AI, so not 100% sure on this one)
If anyone knows of others, please let me know/shoot me a message! I’m trying to wean myself off sites that I feel aren’t respecting consumers. It’s tough but having a list of transparent markets helps.
Not your fault at all - there’s no one to blame except a lack of transparency on Etsy!
Knowledge really is power, and I’m not an expert (and certain medias are easier for me to spot AI in than others), but if you’re ever in doubt and want a second opinion, you’re welcome to shoot me a message. In this day and age, I think it’s more important than ever for humans to stick up for and try to help one another
I don’t know why I didn’t think to mention this before, but is anyone familiar with Amy at ColoringBookofShadows.com?
She has published lot of witchy coloring books, and also full color versions of those same books. She has planners, books on Moon Magic, Crystal Magic, Green Witchcraft, the Sabbats and a lot more.
If you want to see if it’s right for you, she has some freebies available, and a free grimoire club.
She also has a Facebook group where people share the pages they have colored.