Mabon! How to Celebrate the Fall Equinox Alone!🍇

@BryWisteria you don’t have to ask me twice! I spent several weeks in Giecz, Poland when I was in college. It’s about an hour (ish) from Poznan. Poland is stunning and definitely somewhere I’d love to get back to!

I was working with the university and a local museum while they were excavating a medical church and cemetery. It was amazing work! The same group, some years later, was excavating another nearby cemetery and found skeletons with stakes through their chests indicating the people were worried about vampires. It was wild and amazing! (I was not in the vampire trip… but I keep up with the group still because it was so cool)!

5 Likes

@AileyGrey What an adventure, Ailey- that sounds amazing! And the vampires! :star_struck: Oh my goodness, I can’t even imagine uncovering a find like that. I bet the medical church and cemetery were also amazing to excavate. Certainly makes for a great tale and exciting memories of your time in Poland! :vampire: :church: :headstone:

I know you’re super busy with everything (especially during the school year!) but I hope you get the chance to come back and visit again someday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

This sounds absolutely delectable :yum:

5 Likes

Beautiful painting

4 Likes