Magic Your Medicine 💊 Working Together For Wellness

Many of us magical people have mundane things we need to supplement. Whether that is medicine or vitamins, we can help enhance the properties of our medicine using spellwork! I am just sharing my personal practice with this as I work on my physical body. I have several things I supplement for depending on the day and what I have eaten. These include:

• Omegas
  • Biotin
  • Vitamin D
  • Vitamin B12
  • Levocetirizine (an allergy medicine)
  • Multivitamin

Each supplement I take serves a purpose. For example, I live in the north where half the year is in darkness and I do not get outside much. Thus, I take a vitamin D supplement! The levocetirizine is an allergy medicine I take every day because my sinuses and allergies do not like to play nice!

It is important to note that the purpose of this practice is not to make the medicine or supplements work more than they should. Instead, it is meant to help the medicine or supplements work more efficiently or effectively with my body. This means helping with the absorption of nutrients and the efficacy of the medicine. This is not meant to act in place of medical advice nor make the chemicals work in a different way than they are supposed to.

:warning: This is also an obligatory note that magic and medicine go hand in hand. Spellwork and rituals are not a replacement for medical care! I am not giving medical advice nor should anything in this post or subsequent comments be taken as medical advice!

My Personal Magnification

In the previous catch-up challenge, I wrote about how I added a small altar to my workspace. This is the place I spend the majority of my day so it only felt natural to create a sacred space here. This altar space includes a mirror, and this mirror is central to my magical medicinal practice.

As I get ready to take my vitamins and medicine, I place them on the mirror and light a candle. I spend a few moments grounding myself, centering my thoughts and intentions. Then, I place my hand over the pills and ask the mirror to amplify the energy of what I will consume.

Other Ideas!

If working with the mirror is not something you can do, here are a few other ideas to help magic your medicine!

Create a Sigil

Sigil magic is a very easy and versatile way to work with magic. Create a sigil with your intention and draw it on the bottle(s) of supplements or medicine you need to take. Be sure to phrase your sigil intention in a positive way for maximum benefit.

Sigil Making 101: Draw Your Manifestations

Time it Right

While not every medicine can be taken at a certain time of day, some can. Work with the energies of the planets or time of day to time your medicine. Take medicine that needs time to work in the morning so its energy can grow with the rising sun. Take medicine associated with the heart during the hour of the Sun – I use an app called Planetary Times to give me the planetary times during the day. Each part of the body is associated with a planet, so you can time your medicine and supplements with the corresponding time of day!

7 Magickal Days of the Week: Best Magic Spells for the Day

Please note that you should not take your medicine or supplements at different times of the day if your physician has instructed you not to. You should also heed the warnings about certain medications making you tired or unable to function during the day. Safety always comes first!

Create a Chant

There are a lot of words you can use while consuming your necessary pills or medicine. Create a chant that corresponds with the reason for your prescriptions or supplements. If you can’t come up with something specific, a general chant for good health works, too. You can say something like this:

In potions brewed and herbs we trust,
Medicine’s power, our bodies adjust.
With health and vigor, we are blessed,
In wellness’s embrace, we find our rest.

Pagan and Wiccan Chants, Spells and Songs

:pill: :sparkles: :pill: :sparkles: :pill: :sparkles: :pill: :sparkles: :pill: :sparkles: :pill:

Do you have anything you take regularly for health or wellness? What about other ideas for embracing the magic and mundane of medicine?

16 Likes

This was excellent. I’ve bookmarked it. Thankyou :heartpulse:

12 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m glad it’s helpful. Now I just need to remember to do it more often :joy:

9 Likes

I pray over my meds. Lord Apollo, please bless these medicines to my needs to they may work to their best abilities. With harm to none and for the good of all. Blessed be.

I don’t always remember it in my afternoon meds, but I usually get it every morning and night.

10 Likes

Bringing in Gods is a great idea, too! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that… :joy: Now I have an idea for another post!

8 Likes

LOL! I got that idea from a book I read long ago that was excellent. Walking the Pagan Path. I think. It was like, five years ago that I read it so I’m not sure.

9 Likes

That sounds like a book I need to add to my TBR list! :heart: Thanks!

9 Likes

You’re welcome! It was a lovely book about getting more in touch with nature, and not really a Wiccan book at all.

9 Likes

Awesome! I’ve added it to my Amazon list so I don’t forget about it :joy:

9 Likes

I have to take meds for a chronic condition and I worry about the long term side effects. I found this chant somewhere and I use it every time I take the pills.
Help this medicine with its task
To do its work as I doth ask.
Remove the pain both weak and strong
Working swift and lasting long.
Cause no harm or ill effect
While my health it does protect.

The Goddess is in the details: wisdom for the everyday witch by Deborah Blake

9 Likes

That’s a wonderful chant to add, too - thanks for sharing, @bj1 :clap:

10 Likes

I have too! If only I could shorten my wish list instead of making it longer! LOL!

10 Likes

I found the source for the chant. It was in The Goddess is in the details: wisdom for the everyday witch by Deborah Blake from 2009. Available at archive.org.

8 Likes

I just love this app you suggested Megan! Thank you sis for helping me in my journey I discovered the planets was in Mercury and well it just so happened I was taking a test and got 9/10
This proves the communication is clear and concise because I was wondering why I felt the urge to look for a new job! I didn’t find anything but I am looking!
Working on a sigil for tonight in my sigil book :books: I do to believe it can help assist me with my intentions! Thank you I’ll post when I am done! I just discovered this post! i’m just not sure what intention I need!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Aw this is really awesome bj1 thank you for sharing your wisdom and resources with us your greatly appreciated! :heartpulse:
:water_element:
Jeannie

9 Likes

Awesome, @bj1 – thank you! I added the source to your original comment.

I’m glad you like it! It’s an interesting one to look at randomly throughout the day, too :laughing: fun to see where the planets are versus what’s going on in the day.

8 Likes

Thanks! It was weird that I couldn’t edit it myself. I think it was because I came in through my account from the notification. There was no edit icon in the usual place, but I could reply to myself??

8 Likes

No, it’s not strange :sweat_smile: the forum is setup to have edits turned off after (I think) 24 hours. This helps prevent a post from being completely changed and taken out of context later in the conversation.

9 Likes