Magick Gardens Two

Beautiful @Ostara :hugs: :heart: :sun_with_face: :sunflower:

9 Likes

Thank you. Those people know how to grow sunflowers!

9 Likes

What a fantastic plant, @Ostara !

10 Likes

This is the first time my peonies have ever bloomed. I have asked my deities to assist with my garden (Osiris brings fertility and growth) while spreading a mixture of ground eggshell, coffee grounds and tea leaves. Seems to have done the trick!

Blessed be

Alan

13 Likes

Wow Alan those are beautiful!

10 Likes

That’s it for the sunflower crop. Next time I will know not to plant them so close together!

12 Likes

Your sunflowers look so Happy :yellow_heart: :sunflower: They are beautiful @Ostara! I let mine just go to seed and they come up everywhere all by themselves! :smiling_face:
With Big Sunflower Smiles always

9 Likes

Thank you Marsha. You must have sent some happy vibes through the air waves, because I just did a happiness spell for the weekly challenge. Lol! :sunflower:

9 Likes

Look at all those beautiful sunflowers! :sunflower: :heart_eyes: It’s like a patch of sunlight- they must be really happy there with you, Ostara! :blush:

9 Likes

Thank you!

9 Likes

@Ostara :hugs: :sunflower: :heart:

9 Likes

The lavender bushes have started to spill into the pathways so I went out yesterday to give them a trim. Some of it wasn’t quite ready to harvest yet, but the trimmings that looked good got wrapped up to hang and dry!

I swiped a bit of yarrow too. I usually use dried yarrow leaf in teas or in spellwork, so I took some flowers to experiment with. We’ll see how well they dry! :grinning:

Anyone else working with lavender this year? How are your plants doing? :green_heart: :blush:

Blessed be!

13 Likes

Beautiful Bry! I can smell them from here. I have tried growing lavender several times, but I haven’t had any luck.

It has been so hot I’m trying to keep everything alive. Something that is thriving in this heat is my lemon grass. It is huge. I can smell it from 5 feet away.

10 Likes

So much pretty lavender! :purple_heart: I don’t have any here - it doesn’t grow well in the heat and humidity.

Actually, I think I’ve also lost a few of my squash plants. It rained for two days a few weeks ago and I’m pretty sure they drowned. I’m trying to get them to come back and perk up, and it looks like two of them might, but I don’t have high expectations :sweat_smile: my banana plant is doing pretty good, though! I’ll try to snap some pictures later today.

11 Likes

Love lavender, such a peaceful plant

10 Likes

Your plants are drowning and mine are melting in the heat. Please send some rain my way Megan!

9 Likes

I wish I could! :cloud_with_rain: :package: :incoming_envelope:

We’re supposed to get more rain all next week, so I’m really hoping they do okay and survive. Even my little watermelon plant isn’t doing that great - it never even got any flowers! :sob:

8 Likes

@Ostara Thanks, Ostara! :blush: Lavender can sure be finnicky- we actually lost half over the winter because it got too cold. I’m hoping to find some hardier varieties to bring it! Sounds like you got the perfect type of lemon grass- may it continue to thrive! :green_heart: :grinning:

@MeganB Oh no! Sorry to hear about your squashes and watermelon- I hope they hang in there. And I’m cheering for that banana plant of yours, I want to see pictures of the bananas when they begin to ripen! That is so exciting! :laughing: :banana:

@TracyS Agreed! I keep little pouches of it around and under my pillows. I think at this point I can’t sleep without the smell of lavender! :purple_heart: :sleeping:

8 Likes

It’s such a sad affair, too :sob: I’m not sure they’ll make it past next week. We’re supposed to have rain every.single.day next week. Honestly, it’s partially my fault because I planted them too late in the season. I’m not much of a gardener when it comes to planting and watching zones and stuff. I need to get better at that :joy: but I’m doing my best!

I’m sure I’ll have lots of pictures of my banana plant when it starts to produce in…a year? :joy: Something like that! I still forgot to take a picture of it when I went outside yesterday. I’ll try and remember today!

8 Likes

I am so sorry Megan, I am having the opposite here. It is so hot and dry here we will probably have a burn ban next Wednesday. It’s already 95 degrees out and it’s still morning time. I’m tired of Summer and it’s only July 1st.

8 Likes