Maialino's Citrus Olive Oil Cake Recipe

Maialino’s Citrus Olive Oil Cake Recipe

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil (preferably a soft and buttery Ligurian olive oil)
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3 large eggs
Zest of 1 whole orange
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup Grand Marnier

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9” springform pan (at least 2” in height) OR a 10” round baking pan (also 2” in height). Line the bottom with a circle of parchment (grease the whole pan first as it will help hold the parchment in place).

Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

Whisk together olive oil, milk, eggs, orange zest, orange juice, and Grand Marnier.

Add the dry ingredients and whisk until completely smooth and combined.

Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean (a couple of tiny moist crumbs may attach…that’s OK!). Let cool in pan for 30 minutes, before running a thin knife or spatula around the sides to loosen, then turning out onto a pan to cool completely for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Serve with fresh ricotta or whipped cream.

Recipe courtesy of Always Order Desert.

5 Likes

This sounds pretty good! :yum: I’d adjust it slightly (I eat plant-based) but I’ve always been a fan of citrus flavored desserts :lemon: :cake:

3 Likes

Glad you like the looks of it! I’d love to read how you’re adjusting it!

3 Likes

I would use almond milk instead of regular milk. I’d also use either bananas or applesauce as an egg replacement. If I ever make it I will let you know :blush:

2 Likes

Bananas sound good with orange!

3 Likes