Malignant lesion

I had a biopsy of a spot on my chest (about the size of a nickel) that wouldn’t heal.
It came back positive for skin cancer. I had it removed yesterday. No problem! It’s a little tender but not really painful.
Don’t be afraid to have dark or black moles examined or a sore that doesn’t heal.
If left untreated those odd little lesions that don’t heal can cost you. I took care of an elder gentleman and most of his nose was gone due to skin cancer.
I wasn’t too much of a sun worshipper, so it can happen to anyone. Our beloved sun isn’t always our friend.
Take care and blessed be.
Garnet

10 Likes

I’m glad you had it removed and you are okay. Skin cancer is a scary thing. I was a child of the 70’s and teen of the 80’s. I slathered myself with baby oil and baked in the sun for hours. Back then we didn’t know any better.

4 Likes

I’m so glad you were able to get it removed and that you’re doing okay post-procedure, Garnet! :heart::pray: That must have been scary when they found it, but it sounds like it was an easy removal and no problem at all thanks to your diligence. Thank goodness! :raised_hands:

I haven’t gotten checked in a few years- the doctors I saw weren’t doing hands-on skin checks during the pandemic. Probably a good idea to go and get things checked out just in case!

Much love and many blessings to you, Garnet!

4 Likes

Glad to hear you were able to take care of it! I’d hate for you to be sick! Thanks, also, for the good advice!

4 Likes

Oh goodness, Garnet!

I’m glad you were able to have it removed and you got it checked out! Skin cancer is no joke. Growing up in California where I did, we were in the sun all the time and I hardly ever used sunscreen. It’s one thing I’m adamant about for my daughter now – no skin cancer for us!

4 Likes

@BryWisteria
Thanks but the hardest part was numbing the area.
As far as being afraid, I wasn’t, at all. I’d had it for a few years.
It started off as an itchy spot and after a while, it scabbed and didn’t heal. The scab was catching on my neckline and it would seep blood. I finally decided enough was enough and went to see my MD. She biopsied it and it came back positive.
She set me up for removal and it wasn’t hard, but did you know when they’re scraping the lesion it sounds kind of crunchy. She said the cancer cells migrate to the open area and when she does the scraping kind of like the directions you darn a sock. Up and down left and right, round and round. She did this 3-4 times and cauterized it with like a mini electric instrument, I don’t remember how it’s spelled but it was like a bovie used in surgery to cauterize veins.
The whole thing took about 15 minutes. The longest time was working around her belly, she’s pregnant and due in January.
She’s a wonderful young woman. I’ll miss her when she takes off to have the baby.
All’s well that ends well.
Blessings.
Garnet

5 Likes

It’s true- my partner has to get a wisdom tooth removed and this is what I said, the hardest part is when they do the anesthesia. Once that’s in, you can’t feel much at all (hopefully lol! :pray:)

It sounds like you’ve got yourself an amazing doctor, Garnet! I’m glad she’s taking such good care of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hopefully while she’s off on her maternity leave you’ll be in great health and won’t even need a visit- so mote it be! :heart::blush:

Lots of love and many blessings!

4 Likes

I’m so glad that you were able to have it removed locally and that you have such a positive attitude. I hope it was a basal or squamous cell carcinoma that will not return.

4 Likes