May have found my Deity to work with

No! You can work with as many dieties as you see fit. Polytheism is the worship of or belief in multiple deities, which are usually assembled into a pantheon of gods and goddesses, along with their own religions and rituals.

8 Likes

Yep as many as you want :sparkles::star2:

6 Likes

@christina4 and @Abs53, thank you! From what I read and understand, is also what you guys mentioned. “You can work with as many as like”

7 Likes

A trait of polytheism, in contrast to monotheism, is that we don’t expect one god or deity to have infinite power or to rule over every aspect of one’s life.

In ancient Greece, for example, there were patron deities of cities, villages, households and individuals. But one would still acknowledge and worship other deities if an issue went beyond one’s patron’s sphere of influence.

Also it depends on what you call “work with” a deity. You can probably use the term “worship” if it’s your patron deity and at the same time “offer reverence” to other deities, as they all have their place.

From there it depends on things such as your finances and available time.

7 Likes

Exactly :blush: I’m currently learning more about Persephone, I think I’m drawn to her beacuse of her links with renewal and spring.

Everytime I go walking in our closest wood I feel her :evergreen_tree::seedling:

IMG_20200910_130909

7 Likes

Awesome thank you! :smiley:

3 Likes

@Abs53 thank you, see i knew you all would know! :smiley:
OMD! I was looking at this last pic you shared and I thought there was something weird in the bush…my eyes did not acknowledge the beautiful Sheppard!
I like this path also, its so inviting.

5 Likes

Thank you! @Francisco :grin:

5 Likes

@Abs53, those are beautiful woods! And dog as well!

5 Likes

@Francisco, thank you for the read…

3 Likes

Thank you @walter and @Rowan :heart: his name is Ozzy and we rescued him from Romania 2 years ago. I adore him, he’s so so sweet natured and obsessed with mud! :joy::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@Abs53, he is so adorable!! Lol, yeap he seems to love mud! Enjoy him!:purple_heart:

5 Likes

Ozzy is so cute, @Abs53! :dog::two_hearts: It looks like he is enjoying the woods just as much as you are!

The forest is beautiful- it looks like a lovely place to connect with Persephone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

My goodness, so creative! Never thought of this one. It looks beautiful.

Blessings,
Sheena

4 Likes