Meditations, Energy, and vibrations

I have been researching different meditation theories and I stumbled on these:
This list are tones at different frequencies for different locations in the brain. I sleep with these on. I can feel my head tingling in different places here.
Remember when I mentioned that energy was the basic idea in witchcraft? Energy travels in waves. Waves have frequencies. So, I thought I’d give these a try. Tell me what you think:

6 Likes

I do not know if you remember, but I feel energy, I do not see it.

3 Likes

I agree- music and sounds are very powerful and have healing energy! They are great to listen to during meditation :person_in_lotus_position::musical_note: I’ve been listening to the WOKE NATION Channel on YouTube- their music is all about healing frequencies and good vibrations :blush:

I can see the list and it looks interesting- I’ll give it a listen as soon as I remember my Spotify Log-in- gonna have to see if I can find it :laughing: Thanks so much for sharing, @Wendy4! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks @wendy4 :blush::pray:t2: I enjoy a good solfeggio tune!

2 Likes

I love this … I think it is a fascinating study. Our brains are 75 % water… and you only have to watch noise dance ripples on the surface of a coffee cup to know that sound has power over water. I have heard and experienced the power of sound waves and I don’t doubt that they carry a primal signal to our brain. Humans have engaged in rhythmic drumming, sound making, chant, for as long as anyone can remember and there are stories of their ‘powerful’ effects - David’s harp. Native American Tribal Drums, Japanese Shumei Taiko. The drone of Australian aborigines didgeridoo. Scottish bagpipes…Whatever… it all touches our soul in some way. The idea the certain frequencies effect our brain differently is not a great logical leap. Why shouldn’t Air have as much power as the other elements? Thanks for sharing @wendy4

Here is another thought about sound by Jim Donovan-
4 simple steps to boost vagal tone

A 2016 study showed how sound healing helped participants turn off their “fight or flight” system. I go into more detail in this article.

Here’s a simple exercise that can help strengthen your vagal tone:

1. Slowly inhale through the nose.
  2. Exhale through the mouth while making a humming sound.
  3. Inhale and repeat.
  4. Try performing eight back-to-back hums, three times a day.

Remember, strengthening your vagal tone isn’t just a “one and done” activity—the best results come from giving it the attention it deserves on a consistent basis. But that doesn’t mean you have to carve an extra hour out of your day.

The exercise I outlined above is something you can do anytime, anywhere—at your desk, in your car, or even in the shower. It only takes a few minutes a day, but the benefits will last a lifetime.

Be Well,

Jim Donovan

Jim Donovan M.Ed.

4 Likes