Merry meet - blessed be, newbie from Chicago

Hello everyone,

My name is Peter and I am from Chicago. I am very new to the witchcraft side of myself. I had always been gifted, done Tarot through the years but never allowing myself to open fully.

Well that seems to have changed on January 6, 2024. I went through something that was traumatic at the time. I had relived prior deaths, remember names and the ways I had passed. It continued all night and for a week or so.

Whenever I was alone I would go into a trance and so many other things happened. I found out through what I call “lessons” my right hand is able to “ charm my pets from other rooms asking them to join me and they did.

It all seems to be weird but yet so right. I seem to be having a call to join a nearby Pagan “church”. It’s a very very strong pull. It feels like my new life as a Wiccan, that I will get help plus I have a sense of belonging somehow.

I seem to be a late bloomer but the doors just keep opening. So much to learn.

Has something like this happen to anyone else? What is happening to me, I’m not scared at just excited to get started.

I would appreciate any guidance and advise

Thank you
Pete

14 Likes

Hi @peter6 and welcome!
I’m also in Illinois. I’m a newer witch myself and practice tarot/oracle, moon magick, and just getting out in nature. I have a dog named Luna and have really benefitted from this supportive community here. I can’t say that I’ve gone through anything like you’ve described (other than the pull to be Pagan and doors opening), but I wish you nothing but luck and peace on your journey.

I got started with the courses on Spells8, they were super helpful:

Enjoy exploring! :magic_wand:

10 Likes

Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England Loki is my patron deity Make yourself at home Lovely :green_heart:

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @peter6 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

It sounds like you’ve had some pretty intense experiences - wow! I’m glad you seem to be coming through the other side of it and finding yourself. You are very welcome here with us at Spells8 and I hope you are finding everything here alright. Please, feel free to make yourself at home!

11 Likes

Im.john from Chicago also iv been practicing for my whole life really over 30 years need anything and questions answered ask me anytime

11 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and live in North Carolina. I found the practice 30 years ago but lost my way for a while. I came home a few years ago and found this amazing group of people!! I am an eclectic Green witch with an interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

12 Likes

@peter6 1st I want to say Welcome :hugs: It seems like you’ve found a way to turn the trama into a gateway to your awakening :sparkles: I’m 45 and just recently started my journey, which can happen at any age! This is a great place for discovery and growth :pray::heart::sparkles: Everyone is so supportive and will offer guidance :pray: :blush: Make yourself at home :house_with_garden: I look forward to getting to know you and learning alongside you :heart: :blush: :people_hugging:

10 Likes

Hi @peter6 ! Welcome! You have joined a fabulous group here. I had similar experiences in my early 20’s and started tarot and learning at that time. I pulled away from it in my late twenties. I always had the urge to do the tarot and like you never fully opened up again until a couple years ago (in my mid 50’s).

I have been doing many of the lessons o. Here and they have been a great help. Other than tarot I have started using a pendulum and crystals. Just recently started learning numerology. Plans are to delve into deer crystal ball readings, dream work and possibly herbs.

If you have any questions there is always someone on here that can help. Check out the forum chats also. There is a lot of help and information in them. And the forums have some pretty fun things to participate in!

Again, welcome! Glad to have you here!

Blessed be!

11 Likes

@ peter6 welcome to the family!
in this place you will find a great wealth of knowledge!
I wish you a good stay and good exploration!
I’m Airram from Greece, I’ve learned great things here and I’m still learning!
there are wise witches who give away their knowledge with great joy!
Welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Hi, @peter6! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m glad you found yourself! It has been said when a student is ready, a teacher appears. Maybe that’s what’s been happening to you?

The lovely and talented @BlueAngelite pointed you to the courses, which is a great place to start. If you have any questions, just ask someone to help you. We’re all here for you! I look forward to getting to know you!

11 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @peter6

I’m so glad you have joined us, Peter, I’m Marsha. I love your story, I had something similar happen to me in my 30s. You have been given an amazing gift! A gift that also brings a great responsibility.

Amazing energy is coming in right now, and with all the planets moving in direct motion, things are happening with lightspeed. 2024 is a year of change, and many of us are finding new ways of being. Wishing you all the best on your new path!

There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. We are here for you, Peter, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

10 Likes

Hello @peter6,

Welcome! I’m Bry, another of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. Just stopping by to say it’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Congrats to you for embarking on your magickal journey, Peter! The doors are indeed wide open and there is so much out there to explore when it comes to the Craft. Please know that all of the resources of the forum and the main Spells8 are at your fingertips. I hope you find everything you are searching for (and more!).

If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. The Coven community is a very friendly and supportive one. Make yourself at home here! :heart:

Blessed be

8 Likes

Welcome, @peter6! It’s lovely to meet you. :black_heart:

I’m Katerina, and I currently reside in Australia with my partner and two cats. :smile: I, too, am a bit of a late bloomer. I love how much there is to learn and it’s all been so fulfilling and helpful to not only my life, but also those around me – I’ve been able to help so many people since embracing this, even though it’s in relatively “small” ways.

I have had some wild experiences that you might be curious to hear about! But I’m actually a little down and out at the moment and just clinging to the tasks ahead. I’ll have to get back to you on that, if it’s alright. :pray:

Anyway, I’m excited to welcome you into this wonderful space. :black_heart:

7 Likes