Merry Meet from East Texas

Merry Meet everyone Ive been a Solitary practitioner for a while now. I first came to the Craft in 2016 when the woman I was dating introduced to me Wicca. I started reading and studying and found that the more I read and learned the more that i knew this is what I’m meant to be.

9 Likes

Hi @joshua1! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots: We’re glad to have you here!

Have you found the Courses yet? Even if you’ve been studying for a few years they’re a great place to start here. If you have any questions or anything like that just ask and someone will pop up to help you out.

I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Welcome @joshua1. I’m from Texas too! This is a great site with a great group of people.

5 Likes

I was going through and looking at them last night and can’t decide what I want to start on first. There’s alot of good course material for sure

7 Likes

That’s Awesome!!! I havent met anyone out here where I’m at the practices.

8 Likes

HI! I’m from Cape Cod, but @Ostara is right, we do have some witches from TX. There is a topic:

Where in the World are the Witches? GROUP POLL! 2022 :map: & from there you can add other information about your area. I can think of 3 others from TX off the top of my head… unless maybe one of them has moved :thinking: also possible. :joy:

I am from Cape Cod & joined Spells8 2 years ago in July. The courses are always added to & updated. They are good for refresher information & a starting point for interests. If you have any questions or information to share, feel free to do so in the forum! Everyone here is really friendly & helpful. Feel free to jump in on any open topic of interest!

7 Likes

That’s probably because we are in the bible belt. Lol! @Amaris_Bane is from the Houston area. I am from a little town called Hempstead between Houston and Austin, but everyday it seems I am more on the Houston side because it’s about to swallow us up!

6 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m really looking forward to this!!!

8 Likes

You are very welcome! Have a great weekend & I hope you have a wonderful day!

6 Likes

Yeah that is very true. It’s really bad out here in East Texas it’s intolerance central for sure. I’m in between Longview and Tyler.

7 Likes

You as well!!!

8 Likes

Welcome! My name is Ailey. I’m from Georgia. I know what you mean about reading and studying and just feeling right! I feel the same. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Thank you Ailey!!! I’m looking forward to getting to know you as well. It’s going to be nice to not be alone anymore that’s for sure.

8 Likes

Hi @joshua1, welcome!! Yes, living in Texas/the bible belt makes it hard to find others in the craft as we tend not to be very open. As @Ostara stated I’m in the Houston area, originally from Bryan/College Station. I am familiar with the Longview/Tyler address and they are pretty religious up there as well.

Anyways, welcome to this amazing coven and forum! Everyone here is full of amazing information that they are willing to share so don’t be afraid to ask questions or seek advice. I practice an eclectic green witch path and am studying tarot and astrology at the moment.

I’m addition to the courses that @Amethyst mentioned, there is also the daily and lunar rituals that area great place to start incorporating the craft into your daily life. You can also find tons of great books in the Spells8 Book Club.

Again, welcome!!

7 Likes

Merry meet and welcome :infinite_roots: @joshua1

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Witch from Colorado. I’m so glad you have joined us, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have any questions, just ask Q&A

Love :heart: & Magick :dizzy:

6 Likes

Yeah they are pretty hateful out here in small town USA. I’ve learned to just let it slide off because they dont understand or know enough to be hateful out of knowledge, just ignorance and I dont hold it against them. Live and let live.

7 Likes

Hi Marsha Merry meet, it’s nice to meet you and to be a part of this coven. Im an open book and don’t mind answering anything you ask me. I’m happy to finally be with others that practice!!!

7 Likes

Yup! I’ll entertain questions if they are genuinely interested in learning more but otherwise I just tell them I don’t have the energy to waste on them. If they continue and get really rude, my sailor mouth might come out. A favorite hobby of mine is pointing out what pagan rituals their Christian traditions come from.

6 Likes

Their entire religion is really just a poor ripoff of Paganism

5 Likes

Okay my family lives on Cape Cod, totally different side of the country, time zone, culture… everything. Anyway, my son went on a road trip to TX & flew home from San Antonio… (Bulverde?) @Amaris_Bane knows the area, because we have talked about this… anyway… funny story…

My son went on a road trip out there because his friend is moving there & my son hasn’t been there & was helping but flew home on Friday. One night they went out to dinner before he left, but if you know my son, it’s not a far stretch that he could be from the South somehow, his friend though… you just… you just know that he’s from a different everything… anyway… they go out to dinner & the friend wants to fit in more, my son just wears his own clothes not thinking anything of it when the friend went to change. The friend, put on my son’s jeans & the same color/type of shirt as my son then sat next to him at the restaurant. My son doesn’t think about these things, he’s happy with what he’s wearing, who cares what anyone else is doing… then the waitress says something to him & he looks at his friend. They are wearing the same exact outfit. The waitress thought they were a couple. The friend’s brother took a picture of the look on the friend’s face when she said it to my son & it clicked to the friend… they laughed so much at the friend for trying so hard to fit in that he failed so miserably. His brother told him, next time just be yourself… they are people too & you can’t hide that you’re not from around here. :rofl:

5 Likes