Merry meet from NY

Hello! Hoping to meet like minded witchy friends in NY :slight_smile:
I am a Solitary Eclectic witch practicing officially for the last 2 years but involved in craft one way or another since I was a teenager (many many years ago lol). I’m slowing coming out of the broom closet. My journey is toward healing and learning more about herbs and plans.
Looking forward to making new friends in NY so I won’t be such a solitary witch :slight_smile:
Blessed be :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Then u definitely r in the right place. This is a wonderful community that welcomes all paths

9 Likes

Welcome @Sarexa! I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod. We do have several witches from NY within the forum.

I have a very Celtic-leaning path. Celtic Paganism & the Celtic Pantheon is where I feel at home. I work with Both Brighid & the Morrigan. Both are from the Tuatha de Danaan tribe from ancient times when the Celts were tribes & before the Romans came in with Christianity. Anywho, there is a lot of good information in the forum. So feel free to ask any questions or to jump in on any open topic. If you have anything to share with us, please post your own topic!

10 Likes

Hi @Sarexa! I’m Amethyst and I’m from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

You’ll find friends here, that’s for sure! I think there are a few people here from NY but online friends count too! LOL!

Have you found the Courses yet? T here’s one on Green Witchery and one on Hollistics that you’ll probably find interesting.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Merry meet @Sarexa,

Welcome to the forum! :blush: Congrats to you on embracing your path and embarking on the official start to your journey- that is so exciting! :sparkles:

I’m currently not too far away in MA, although most of the time I’m across the ocean in Europe. There are certainly folks here from NY and you might want to check out the Where in the World Are Witches? discussion (and the coven-members only extended discussion with more details about location for those who are comfortable sharing) to find local witches.

While you’re searching for local witchy friends, rest assured that you also have fellow magick-lovers from all over the world here to chat and share spellwork! :blush: Make yourself at home here, Sarexa :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Welcome @Sarexa! While we are not all in NY, I hope you still enjoy everyone’s company here in the forum. I am from Houston, TX and have been officially practicing for 2 years myself. I’m an eclectic pagan green witch (aka, I do what I want but mostly play with herbs and plants, lol). I love to read and learn so I’m constant absorbing knowledge and trying new things, keeping what works and leaving what doesn’t.

Bry (The Travel Witch) has already pointed out the post I was going to regarding finding others from NY. We also have “group” activities that we do within the coven. We have a Weekly Witchy Challenge - this week’s theme is Journey of Change and is about reflecting on your magickal journey and how it has changed you. We also have a Group Ritual on Thursdays - this week was a chocolate sweetening spell in honor of World Chocolate Day.

I also like to check out the Daily Devotional in the mornings for suggestions on candle magick, crystals to carry, potions/teas to drink, and meditations/prayers/devotionals to use for the day. At night, I like to wind down with the Lunar Spell, which includes a moon meditation for its current sign and a ritual to perform. These both help me keep magick in my daily routines.

Merry Meet!!

8 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Sarexa

I am Marsha, an eclectic witch from Colorado. It’s lovely to meet you. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have any questions, just ask Q&A

With Love :heart: & Magick :dizzy: always,
The Other Marsha

7 Likes

Hello @Sarexa and welcome. I currently live in Upstate NY the CNY region. I think you’ll like it here. Everyone is kind and helpful.

7 Likes

Welcome @Sarexa! It’s so nice to have you here! I am Ailey, I live in Georgia… not really close to NY! At any rate, I look forward to talking with you in the forum!

8 Likes

Welcome @Sarexa and nice to meet you — I am in CT on the NY line about 20 min east of Kent, CT - are you in the City or live somewhere else in NY?

There’s a lot going on in the online forums and Infinite Roots coven as well, so I hope you stay and hang out with us - I’m sure we can find a few of us around here to meet up - it’s such a wonderful coven.

Merry meet! :infinite_roots:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.