Merry meet in oklahoma

when I was a small child my great grandmother was teaching me Acultomancy, she would have me ask questions while she hung a needle on a string and watch witch way it spun. I actually had no idea she was teaching me folk magic.
From there I have been drawn to and drawn in magical energy.

10 Likes

Hi @robin10 and welcome! I’m Satu from Maryland and I’m a traditional, non secular green witch. I’m also a relative newbie having begun practicing witchcraft just over a year ago. You’ve found a home here with exceptional people who are warm, open, helpful, and friendly. Glad to meet you!

Btw, if you connect with folk magic (I do too), I recommend you read “Backwoods Witchcraft - Conjure & Folk Magic from Appalachia”.

I think you’ll like it.

8 Likes

Hi @robin10! I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod.

I have been a part of the forum & site for 2 years now & continue to learn something new all the time. Everyone here is very friendly & supportive of each other. I hope you have time to search the forum for anything you may be interested in learning about for your practice.

The :moneybag: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Ka-Ching! Money Magick is going o right now if you would like to participate, please feel free to do so or just read through other’s entries.

I look forward to learning with you! :revolving_hearts: :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Blessings!
I just came upon this community yesterday, what serendipity. I’m exploring the site and it is very enjoyable :slight_smile:
I look forward to getting to know others. I am a solitary witch but always open to meeting and communing with others.

7 Likes

I will definitely look into that book, my family roots are in the Appalachians.

7 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @robin10

It’s lovely to meet you! I’m Marsha an Eclectic Solitary witch from Colorado. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have any questions just ask. I’m so glad you joined us and I’m looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

blessings and thank you I appreciate the help. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hi @robin10! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s wonderful that you have family magic to fall back on, that must be so special. I hope you’re willing to share some of your knowledge with us!

If you ever have any questions, just ask and someone will help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

6 Likes

Hi @robin10 :smile: I’m JC from Oklahoma. I spent my childhood learning the Old Ways from my grandparents, too. This is a great community and it is full of very knowledgeable and friendly people. Welcome!

6 Likes

It seems incredibly welcoming here thank you! Im not sure where to start or which questions to ask yet. At the moment I am just navigating the resources available :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi and welcome. Here’s a great place to learn & grow.

6 Likes

Thank you! Truth is I am so used to keeping my study and practice to myself I dont even know where to begin with a community. I am greatly enjoying the warm greetings and offerings of support <3

6 Likes

I’d start with a topic that interests you & then maybe talk to people who’re also interested.

5 Likes

@robin10 We like the truth! :laughing: a lot of us are solitary practitioners. I would say start small & build up by doing:

Find out what you can & search the forum for that topic or start your own posts with thoughts or questions about the topic.

You can also start going through the courses on Spells8, they are all good refresher & starting points for further reading or learning about the subject. Then branch out from there. We are all here to answer any questions or get you pointed in the right direction. Don’t try to do it all at once. One thing at a time. You don’t want to overwhelm yourself or start confusing things with each other.

Participate in the weekly challenges or even from the site there is the Daily Devotional & Lunar Spell sections that change every day. Along with a Tarot card from the Major Arcana that you can choose for the day on the Daily Devotional page.

Take your time & start with one thing that you want to learn about & go from there :hugs:

4 Likes

I get that, it’s like boom! Information overload! Take your time, the info won’t run away from you! We’ll be here to answer any questions you might have. :hugs:

4 Likes

Merry meet @robin10 and welcome to the forum! :blush:

I think that is amazing that you learned folk magick from your great grandmother- what a beautiful way to be introduced to the Craft :sparkles::sewing_needle:

I hope you are able to find everything you are looking for and more around here! There is a ton of content to explore both here in the forum as well on the main site. And if you ever find yourself with any questions, please feel free to make a new post in the Q&A Category- your friendly coven is here to help! :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.