Merry Meet Maryland

Greetings Y’all,

My name is Melissa, and I recently started my Pegan journey. I found myself drawn to a tarot deck while out and about one day, so naturally, I bought it, and have been learning to understand it.

For me and my ADHD self, this rolled me into crystals and the Wiccan practice in general. I tend to be very solitary but I want to be part of a community and make some more friends to help me as I learn more about the craft and myself.

I’m looking forward to getting to know more of you.

-Melissa

10 Likes

Hi honey, welcome to an awesome community. Im in NC. if u have any questions please dont hesitate to ask. We are here for ya.

7 Likes

Hello and Welcome to the forum :infinite_roots: @melissa1984
It’s awesome to meet you! I am Marsha, an eclectic and solitary witch from Colorado.

It’s funny how that happens :rofl: especially since I joined spells8! I seem to be buying and learning about different things too.

Have you found the Courses? It’s a good place to start.

Love :heart: and Magick :dizzy:

6 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs , Thank you so much. It’s a pleasure to meet you.

I am sure I’ll have a ton of questions, so I thank you for your support. I am just super excited to be taking this step and ready to better myself through my craft.

Honestly, this for me is the scary part, the becoming a part of a community. I want to be a part of it, and I want the support of my fellow witches, pagans, etc, but I have very strong anxiety, so I am hoping to be able to find stentgh within the craft to help more forge some real bonds.

6 Likes

@marsha Thank you Marsha. A pleasure to meet you! I have started taking the courses, and I am learning more and more as I go. I’m very excited as the Full moon is just days away and I can’t wait to do my first ritual.

I am really enjoying spells8! There is just so much information, knowledge and things to do…I am trying not to get overwhelmed or go too deep too fast, but sadly that is just not my nature :sweat_smile:.

6 Likes

Hi there @melissa1984 from your neighbor in Central VA! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Welcome!

8 Likes

@melissa1984 honey dont fret im a solitary too. Being part of a community is super scary. And ive only been part of this group a few weeks and i feel at home here. Everyone is so inviting, warm, understanding. There is no judgment here. Even tho im not a wiccan, they are welcoming. Im a grey hedge witch. They still love and care about me here. Ive never had that before. In my personal life nor my magikal path neither. That sense of belonging. And i do here. Yes im still primarily a solitary bc im out in the boonies of NC so a majority of what i do i do alone, but i can come here and ask questions or talk to my sisters and a few brothers. And they genuinely care about me.

I hope this helps ease some of your troubled mind. I can sense that u are going back and forth with your decision. Be calm sister. U are home.

8 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs, thank you for your kind words. I am very grateful everyone has been so welcoming.

6 Likes

@Mia.1 thank you.

7 Likes

@melissa1984 and the great thing is that its not an act just to get u to stay and purchase the membership. I thought it was and that the kindness from leadership would go away. But it hasn’t. Everyone has stayed true to who they were in the very beginning. Its wonderful

8 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs that’s great! Can I ask you a question? You can just let me know if it is too personal, and I’ll respect your boundaries. I was just curious as how you came to be a grey hedge witch? Is it just a way you identify or is it something specific to the craft you practice?

7 Likes

@melissa1984 honestly when ppl ask me what i am i say im a witch. But if i have to classify myself then im a solitary grey hedge. Im grey bc im more in the middle. Im not white or dark. I believe we all have light and dark in us. And ill dip into the dark if i need too to protect those i love and care about. Sometimes karma needs a hand. And ill lend it. As for being a hedge…i practice mostly healing magik. Taught to me by a 3 generation crone. My practice is centered around nature and the hearth. I work with gods and goddesses. I work with spirits and invoke them into my magik, as they are part of the land around me. I speak to plants and tree and draw energy from them.

7 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs thank you for the explanation. That’s awesome that you were able to learn from someone. I can also agree we all do have light and dark inside of us.

7 Likes

@melissa1984 she came into my life much later. When a twatwaffle put a curse on me. And i had no clue what i was doing. She just appeared. I tried for months to talk to her. And then one day she finally accepted my friend request. And helped me destroy that c**t. And destroy her i did. But i was grey long before that. My very first teacher was a wiccan and she kept screaming at me (literally screaming) that i was a wiccan too. And i kept telling her no i wasnt. Finally we had to part ways bc her personal drama kept draining me, as im an empath, and she wasnt teaching me how to shield myself. Then the druid twatwaffle came into my life. And that was a match made in hell.

6 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs
I think you would fit well into “Eclectic Solitary practitioner” with leanings toward hearth and earth.
Being an empath isn’t an easy road to travel, learn to save a little time and a quiet space just for you so you aren’t constantly bombarded. We have some Empaths here. Reach out and I’m sure one of them will help you.
Blessed Be
Garnet Mountain Witch

7 Likes

Merry meet @melissa1984,

Welcome to the forum! :blush:

Congrats to you for embarking on your magickal journey- it sounds like you have some wonderful interests and talents. I’m wishing you all the best as you continue to study and grow your Craft! :sparkles:

As for finding a magickal community- I’m happy to say you’re in the right place! Please know that you are warmly invited to join any and all of the ongoing activities in the forum. All current happenings are listed in the Merry Meet Monday news post- a new one launches in the forum every Monday. Here is the magickal news for this week, if you haven’t already seen it! :blush:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be!

5 Likes

Hi @melissa1984! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I was very solitary too till I found this group. Now it’s fun to interact with everyone! Such a great way to learn and push your boundaries. There are Weekly Challenges every Wednesdays and Group Rituals on Thursdays and just good fun all week!

If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

5 Likes

Thanks @Garnet ill have to do that.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.