Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Aug 2 šŸŒ‘

Thatā€™s a great tip- thanks for spreading the word about this special occasion, Christina! :raised_hands:

A special badge for a very special person- you more than earn them, Amethyst! Thanks again for all that you bring to the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sorry Jeannie, that sounds rough. But youā€™ve got your new license and a beautiful new Malachite, so hopefully youā€™re doing better now! Sending lots of love and light to you :heart:

As you should- thatā€™s an amazing accomplishment, Colin! Congrats to you and cheers to many more magickal years to come :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So exciting- a huge congrats to you on the upcoming trip, Benjamin! :partying_face: The UK folks will have the best tips for what to see, but if you havenā€™t already considered it (and if it isnā€™t closed/on hiatus because of the pandemic) I loved seeing Shakesphereā€™s Globe Theater :performing_arts:

[Pic from the official website]

And if youā€™ve got time, thereā€™s a bar Iā€™ve always wanted to go to: The Potion Bar, London :sparkles:

No matter what you do on your trip, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have an amazing time in the UK! Have fun, Benjamin :blush:

11 Likes

Ooh, I love Sherlock Holmes, too!!! I always watched cartoons and shows of him as a child. I still think that heā€™s interesting and was a great detective!

8 Likes

I love, the books, and the various incarnations in TV and film. Still have a bit of crush on Benedict Cumberbatchā€™s portrayal :blush:

9 Likes

Ooh so exciting that youā€™re coming to London!
Hopefully we can find a good date while youā€™re here. Maybe we could all grab a lunch/dinner together? @IrisW @Abs53 :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

See, now I really want to go! LOL! And I knew that about House, it always gave me the giggles as well.

Thank you so much, love! Iā€™m all blushing! :blush:

9 Likes

I would love to have dinner with you, @IrisW, and @Abs53. You guys can meet my girlfriend! I hope we can make that work.

9 Likes

Sounds great :relaxed:

8 Likes

May drag the hubby along too if thatā€™s OK? Bless him neither of us have had much of a social life over the last 18 months with Covid, a little normality would be welcome!

9 Likes

The more the merrier! :grin: You guys will love my better half. Sheā€™s a witch, too. :kissing_heart: Yay! UK meetup! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I missed the post yesterday but congrats @Amethyst!

I donā€™t have much planned this week. I have to take my dogs to the vet on Friday, one for a recurring skin problem and the other to check his protein levels (old dog with early kidney disease) and have a mass checked out. Nothing major for either but itā€™s a 2 hour drive back home. The hubby has craziness at work so we are looking forward to having a relaxing weekend of not doing anything.

Have a blessed week everyone!

7 Likes

Ive always wanted to use mint because it taste so good!
jeannie

6 Likes

:London seems like a really nice place to go! That is so neat that the guys were given robes and wands! That is such a cool place to go! So magical! I would love to have an experience like that:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Blessed be!

6 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s a long trip! Wishing a successful and peaceful visit to the vet for your furry friends, @Amaris_Bane :pray::dog:

It does look like a fun place, doesnā€™t it @Jeannie1? :grin: I hope you can make it to such a place someday! London may be far, but perhaps check for themed cafes in the nearest big city close to you? You may be surprised to find exciting cafes close to home! :blush::sparkles:

7 Likes

Thanks so much!

6 Likes

For us Texans, 2 hours is a short trip, lol. An hour of that is just getting out of Houston! We are used to driving long distances to go places. My husband drives 30 miles one way to work and I used to drive 25 before working from home.

Plus Texas is big. Itā€™s 870 miles from the east to west borders and around 1,000 miles from the north to south borders of the state. When we drove to California, the first day was getting out of Texas, the second day was the rest of the way to California.

7 Likes

LOL one of the perks of being in the western US is driving to get anywhere. All of our wide open spaces. I love it though and wouldnā€™t have it any other way because it gives me time to think.

7 Likes

I love it outside of the major cities. Hey me outside Houston/Austin/Dallas/San Antonio and itā€™s all open. Like you said, itā€™s a great time to think! My husband and I will have the most random conversations on those drives.

6 Likes

I love to travel. Iā€™ve never been to The West but I want to go someday. Super jealous, @Amaris_Bane and @SharonD. :grin:

6 Likes

I got a job!

This is a huge step since needing to sell my home and leave my old job due to mental illness. Iā€™m making far less than I ever used to but enough to finally get a place with a friend.

Between that and London, I am pretty happy.

Soā€¦ Iā€™m really crazy about my girlfriend and I think London is the perfect place to propose. Thoughts on this? (She would kill me if I spent too much.)

8 Likes

Congrats on the job. I will leave the ring picking to you since you know her best, but that is very pretty.

6 Likes