Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! May 24 šŸŒ

Youā€™re sweet- itā€™s all going well here, thanks! :blush: Some storms rolled in yesterday, but now weā€™ve got clear skies and minimal plans for the rest of the week. A good time for relaxing! :sunglasses:

I hope your doctorā€™s trip went well! :+1: Any luck with the new glasses? :eyeglasses: I always get a bit stressed with picking new frames- so many to choose from! Hope you can find a fun new style of glasses :grin::+1:

5 Likes

I hope everything goes well for you @Amethyst & that things are getting better for you as well. I have the same issue as @BryWisteria with new glasses. I went with a totally different style & color than my usual glasses last time I had to get them. Itā€™s been about a year & Iā€™m still not sure if I like them.

Today seems like it could turn stormy very easily here. We havenā€™t had any really stormy weather here lately, so I guess we are due.

5 Likes

Sounds great! Sometimes storms are nice, they clear the air and knock the heat out of the air. I hope you have a good weekend relaxing!

I go to the doctor on Friday, hair cut today. Thatā€™ll be fun, trying to get into the place with my rollator. But I want my hair cut so needs must.

I love my glasses, I wish I didnā€™t have to change the frame. They accidentally had an expensive pair on the cheap rack and I got them for the cheap price! Theyā€™re purple with little half-moons on the side. Very witchy.

It rained here last night and all itā€™s done is make it even more sticky. I hope you donā€™t have too bad of a storm, love! Have a good day today!

5 Likes

I donā€™t think it will be too bad here today. Just cooler & gray really :cloud:. Maybe a shower or 2 later on. I used to love my glasses, :eyeglasses: I donā€™t know where those frames went. Yours sound awesome though & a great deal on them! Thatā€™s some good luck too :four_leaf_clover: !

Iā€™m working on getting things together for the :white_flower: Flower Moon :full_moon: & the Weekly Challenge Catch Up(s). I know what I want to do, itā€™s just getting them done because I am so comfortable where I am right now. :rofl:

I still have to light my candle for the day. Today I think I am going to do a white candle :candle: for healing & protection today. Iā€™m feeling a bit better than I have over the beginning of the week. I just had to work through my emotions a little bit I think. I feel like when I journal, whatever it is leaves me & is lifted away from me. Itā€™s a great release for me. :pen:

4 Likes

Hope the rain doesnā€™t inconvenience you too badly, love! Good luck getting all your stuff together!

Well Iā€™m glad you feel better and youā€™ve worked through your feelings. I realized today that Iā€™ve got to let old grudges go, Iā€™m just beating a dead horse no matter how unfair it may be. So Iā€™m working on that right now. I hope your journaling is as freeing as mine has been.

5 Likes

Got up this morning and saw the most beautiful moon, getting read to set.
There were a few clouds drifting at the top. I almost wish I had taken a picture.
th-001 Garnet in Florida

6 Likes

Lots of Love right back you way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Itā€™s been a mixed week so far. I am getting my second tattoo on Thursday and my youngest is getting examined for braces.

The appraisal for the house was today. Hopefully it gets appraised for the full amount. The house sale should close on June 7th. I will be moving out June 6th.

So the big newsā€¦

My daughter ran away from my wifeā€™s house on Monday morning/Sunday night around midnight. I spent all day Monday, from 8am, to Tuesday at 5pm to find her. (There was a 3-4 hour break Monday night into Tuesday and a 2 hour break Tuesday afternoon.) I was running on 3.5 hours of sleep by the time I found her and I still had to take her to a 4 hour trip to the hospital. Thankfully she is healthy and safe at her grandmothers.

I could talk for hours about the journey it took to find her, the conditions I saw in the underbelly of my city, and the way my heart was broken during the episode. But the most important thing to share is the way I found hope in the darkness, rest within the hands of my goddess, and peace last night when I had my daughter safe. The power of so many people lifting my family up was palpable. I am sorry I couldnā€™t share here during those rough two days but I was barely online.

5 Likes

Oh my gosh your new glasses sound perfect, Amethyst! Nice find! :grin: :+1: :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Thatā€™s a wonderful feeling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Enjoy your journalling, Siofra!

This is so poetic- I can imagine how it must have looked! Hope you had a blessed Full Moon, Garnet :heart:

Oh, Ben- I am so sorry to hear about this! You must have been exhausted in every sense of the word. Iā€™m so glad everything worked out and that you are all home safely once again :pray::heart: Rest well, and may your Goddess continue to watch over and protect you and your family! :candle:

4 Likes

Iā€™m just glad sheā€™s okay @praecog29, physically at least. Home and safe. Now, are you okay? Getting over the panic? Anything I can do for you?

Those are my old glasses. I hate giving them up for a new set. I may keep them and take them in for new lenses next year. Weā€™ll see.

5 Likes

Iā€™m so glad to hear she is home safe and well :heart: I have a 14 year old daughter and I know I wouldā€™ve been the same in your position :heart:

5 Likes

Oh, I see! Shame to have to give them up when you still love them- and they really sound like the perfect witchy frames! :eyeglasses: :crescent_moon:

That could be a good idea to just switch out the lenses if youā€™re really attached to the frames. Or, you could keep them as reading glasses! I keep an old pair of mine to wear around the house and just wear the strong ones when Iā€™m out and about :grin::+1:

Orā€¦ perhaps youā€™ll be lucky again and find some new frames that are even better than your old ones. Good luck, and happy glasses shopping! :sparkles::heart:

4 Likes

Thanks love! Hope you have a great weekend!

3 Likes

Thank you, @Amethyst. My drama and long road over these past 9 months is coming to and end on June 6th. I am so thankful for that. :sweat_smile: I need love and light until then. (My facebook friends, please check in with me from time to time, too. Thank you.) Iā€™m coping through tattoos. :rofl: I got one last night (pics soon) and I get two more on Wednesday.

4 Likes

I saw your newest tat and it was wonderful! Look forward to seeing your new ones on Wednesday. Is June 6th something I should be wishing you good luck for?

4 Likes

June 6th is the start of a whole new life. My whole family needs to get their first. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, good luck to you, whatever is happening!

4 Likes

Praecog29,
We become stronger inn our weakness during life challenges. I am glad you were able to pull through the dark times. I missed you on the forum and I hope everything settles down for you!
Jeannie

5 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.