Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! May 24 🌝

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :full_moon_with_face:

Here’s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Wednesday, May 26th.

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

The full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at it’s most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon .

Spell-for-Flower-Moon

May’s full moon is called the Full Flower Moon :hibiscus: and represents a very powerful time of year. Draw on the energy and passion of the Flower Moon by following along with the Full Flower Moon Spell on Spells8 :sparkles:

You can also learn more about the unique meaning of each full moon in What’s in a Full Moon Name? :full_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Celestial Event: Lunar Eclipse :black_circle: ] ]

In addition to the full moon, certain parts of the world will experience a Lunar Eclipse on Wednesday, May 26th.

A Lunar Eclipse is a dark time with unique effects on spellwork. Every witch forms their own opinion about working or abstaining from magick during this time.

Learn more and consider working some insightful shadow magick with a Lunar Eclipse Ritual :

To find out if you are in range of the Lunar Eclipse and to chat more about it, visit the discussion Super Flower Moon Eclipse in Sagittarius.

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, May 27th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :tea:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance? Now is your chance to find some answers, as the lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, May 28th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in a previous week’s post .

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar and the list of Magical Days for Your Planner :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Astrology: Reading the Skies :milky_way:

This challenge will close Tuesday, May 25th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge- Astrology: Reading the Skies :milky_way:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VII (May 14 - June 11)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, June 11th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@palki, @stacy4, @denise1, @Volmarr, @beth3, @willow2, @tarah, @bonnie5, @kathryn14, @chris7, @chris8, @kendrah, @tina8, @antonieta, @casey7, @katelyn7, @jason1, @mya1, @Sonoma, @suzanne, @angel6, @kathryn15, @TheCrystalWitch, @jade3, @jessie1, @sofia6, @alexandra10, @madli, @amber24, @menyawn, @angela22, @zoe4, @anna12, @djuana, @kaitlin3, @brittany25, @lady, @cecilia1, @sky, @sharron, @natalie8, @COSMIC.CHICK66SIC, @latoyah, @charmaine2, @jessica54, @jameka1, @maria14, @rachel12, @rebecca14, @anna13, @supriya1, @beth4, @Sirsmiapet, @whitney3, @kirsten1, @ashley30, @jolene1, @rachel13, @shannon12, @kylie2, @sun, @nikolitsa

If you haven’t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :loudspeaker:

• Hooray to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts in the forum, on a three-week streak! :writing_hand: We are all much richer and wiser thanks to the wonderful wisdom you so kindly share :hugs:

• Lots of love back to @Susurrus for giving the most hearts to fellow coven members, on a two-week streak! :heart: Your kindness is a domino effect in the forum, spreading light and joy all around the coven :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Will you work Full Moon Magick or take a Lunar Eclipse break this week? What excitement, magickal or mundane, is headed your way? :telescope:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

May the Full Moon empower your desires and dreams as the Lunar Eclipse puts to rest your worries and fears

Blessed be! :full_moon_with_face: :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Hi five @Susurrus you have a lot of heart!! :joy::blue_heart: Congratulations :partying_face:

I personally can’t wait to see what @BryWisteria has up her sleeves for the next challenge!!! 🕵️‍♂️👀

This week, actually tomorrow I go to get my immunization. And I have a physical. That’s about it. That’s the most I left the house in a month :laughing::joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Have a blessed day Infinite Roots family :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

Woo hoo! High Five right back :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2: Thank you! Congratulations to you also! 3 weeks! Great job!

I love the challenges. This one was fun for me because I was reading the Astrology book for the book club already. I have to get back to that, I took the weekend off. :rofl:

I don’t have much going on, I may try to get coffee with a friend of mine, but that’s about it. I can’t think of anything else that I’m doing this week. I also have only had part of my first coffee. Lol :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Merry Meet Monday!
Congrats @christina4 and @Susurrus :two_hearts:
This week we’re doing all the mundane steps for our new car, registration etc. We are getting our first Mercedes! (Hubby works at Mercedes, so lease discount).
I think I’ll do the Flower moon spell and do some shadow work for the eclipse.
I finally got my faux leather book cover for my BOM finished over the weekend, shout-out to @Jeannie1 for the idea. :grin:

I just need to decorate the front now.
I finished reading “evoking hecate” so I’ve got the review on that to do this week also.
Other than that my week is free.
Blessed Be Infinite Roots :infinite_roots:

10 Likes

Congratulations :clap: @Susurrus and @christina4 on the shout outs :grin: well deserved as always :heart:

@Rowan your BOM looks amazing :heart_eyes: awesome idea :heart:

I’ve not got any rituals or spells planned for this full moon :full_moon: IV been feeling a little drained actually so I’m going to make moon water, charge my crystals and cleanse myself and my space :heart: some of the flowers and herbs been growing are ready for me to harvest and dry out the first growth so I’ll be doing that this week also :heart:
Hope everyone has an amazing week :heart:

7 Likes

Congratulations to @Susurrus and @christina4! You ladies are fabulous! And @Rowan that book looks amazing! Wow.

As for me, I’m going to try to go get my hair cut this Wednesday before my eye doctor appointment on Friday. That way my hair won’t be in my eyes when I go on their darned machines. I hate the one that puffs in your eye. Blah.

Other than that, I’m not doing that much. Hopefully, my glasses will come in by the next time I have to go to the next town for a doctor’s appointment so I don’t have to make an extra trip.

Hope you all are having a good week! Happy Lunar Eclipse everyone!

6 Likes

Thank you @Rowan, @Liisa, &@Amethyst I really appreciate the love from you lovely ladies.

I love the book cover @Rowan it looks really good! I know you will find the perfect things for the decorations. Maybe some Rune symbols or sigils will come to you!

I never did make it to coffee with anyone, but I did get all my errands done. My husband & I agree today just feels strange or off. I thought it was because my sleep was a mess last night, but maybe there is something in the air here. Who knows what the winds yesterday stirred up! :wind_face:

7 Likes

Maybe Mary Poppins will blow in! LOL!

Seriously though, hope you’re okay. Take a nap and restart your day, maybe that will make you feel better! :hugs:

7 Likes

I was just thinking of taking a nap. All of my errands are done for the day & I’m by myself here. I was thinking that a fresh start would be good before my family starts to trickle in from work & school.

Great minds think alike @Amethyst!

6 Likes

Have a good nap sweetie, and things will be better when you get up.

6 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to have something to nibble on first & then take a nap. It’s now set in my schedule. :rofl:

6 Likes

Merry Monday to everyone. Welcome new members to the coven, I’m sure you’ll be happy here. Thank you TravelWitch as always for this news post as I find it absolutely essential to keeping up with my online life.

I’m definitely looking forward the full the moon on Wednesday and I hope that it empowers everyone whether they did some magick this cycle or not.

I’m considering getting on board for the next weekly challenge, so here’s to hoping it’s something awesome. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Rowan,
I love your BOM, it looks just like :heart_eyes: leather that makes me so happy that I was able to contribute to a great idea!
I am so happy for you that you are going to be riding in the style you deserve to be happy :blush:

Look :eyes: how talented and artistic you are! I didn’t write in my Bom all weekend. Today for sure I am going to write in it! I need to write about the funeral. Just so important this whole weekend can change my life and we’re in Sagittarius :sagittarius:

For my Bom I always show the moon phase and where the zodiac wheel is on the calendar! We’re going into Sagittarius :sagittarius: soon and a eclipse! That’s going to mean that we’re going to have a super moon in Sagittarius :sagittarius:!
I hope you bless your book with a prayer or incantation and since you have a super moon you could put so much love into it !
Jeannie
Love and light

6 Likes

Good luck with your immunization and physical, @Christina4- I hope it all goes well for you! :pray:

It sounds like a relaxing and enjoyable week, @Susurrus! Sorry to hear there’s something strange in the air. It could be the changing of the seasons- hopefully whatever it is blows away soon and leaves you in peace! :dove: :cloud:

Wow, that’s super exciting- congrats on the Mercedes, @Rowan! :star_struck: :oncoming_automobile: Your BOM cover is stunning- great work! I’m wishing you all the best with your spellwork and shadow work as well- have a blessed Full Moon and Eclipse! :pray:

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down, @Liisa- hopefully spending time with your crystals and flowers/herbs will help to lift you up again :bouquet: :blush: Take it easy- lots of love to you! :heart:

A busy week ahead for you, @Amethyst! Good luck at the salon and the eye doctor’s. And ouch- I know, that eye puff test is the worst! :persevere: I hope it all goes well for you- got my fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers: :heart:

You are very welcome @colin- I’m glad you enjoy the weekly news post! :blush: If you do decide to work some Full Moon Magick, I wish you all the best of luck with it- enjoy! :sparkles: Hope you have a lovely week!

To @Christina4, @Colin, and anyone else wondering about the next challenge- it makes me so happy that you’re excited about the challenges! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t want to let anyone down, but (without giving it entirely away!) I will mention that this week will be Challenge #45 :wink:

That being said, I’ve got a list of fresh new ideas for challenges lined up in the coming weeks! :raised_hands: And as always, if anyone has any titles or themes they are particularly interested in and think the coven would enjoy- I am always open to add suggestions to the list :grin:

I hope your week is off to a wonderful start- blessed be, everyone! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Thanks, love! I don’t see anything going wrong at the eye doctor’s, it’s just the yearly checkup type thing. But I definitely need new glasses, that’s for sure. I’m squinting at certain things.

So how are you doing? Everything okay with you?

6 Likes

You’re sweet- it’s all going well here, thanks! :blush: Some storms rolled in yesterday, but now we’ve got clear skies and minimal plans for the rest of the week. A good time for relaxing! :sunglasses:

I hope your doctor’s trip went well! :+1: Any luck with the new glasses? :eyeglasses: I always get a bit stressed with picking new frames- so many to choose from! Hope you can find a fun new style of glasses :grin::+1:

5 Likes

I hope everything goes well for you @Amethyst & that things are getting better for you as well. I have the same issue as @BryWisteria with new glasses. I went with a totally different style & color than my usual glasses last time I had to get them. It’s been about a year & I’m still not sure if I like them.

Today seems like it could turn stormy very easily here. We haven’t had any really stormy weather here lately, so I guess we are due.

5 Likes

Sounds great! Sometimes storms are nice, they clear the air and knock the heat out of the air. I hope you have a good weekend relaxing!

I go to the doctor on Friday, hair cut today. That’ll be fun, trying to get into the place with my rollator. But I want my hair cut so needs must.

I love my glasses, I wish I didn’t have to change the frame. They accidentally had an expensive pair on the cheap rack and I got them for the cheap price! They’re purple with little half-moons on the side. Very witchy.

It rained here last night and all it’s done is make it even more sticky. I hope you don’t have too bad of a storm, love! Have a good day today!

5 Likes

I don’t think it will be too bad here today. Just cooler & gray really :cloud:. Maybe a shower or 2 later on. I used to love my glasses, :eyeglasses: I don’t know where those frames went. Yours sound awesome though & a great deal on them! That’s some good luck too :four_leaf_clover: !

I’m working on getting things together for the :white_flower: Flower Moon :full_moon: & the Weekly Challenge Catch Up(s). I know what I want to do, it’s just getting them done because I am so comfortable where I am right now. :rofl:

I still have to light my candle for the day. Today I think I am going to do a white candle :candle: for healing & protection today. I’m feeling a bit better than I have over the beginning of the week. I just had to work through my emotions a little bit I think. I feel like when I journal, whatever it is leaves me & is lifted away from me. It’s a great release for me. :pen:

4 Likes

Hope the rain doesn’t inconvenience you too badly, love! Good luck getting all your stuff together!

Well I’m glad you feel better and you’ve worked through your feelings. I realized today that I’ve got to let old grudges go, I’m just beating a dead horse no matter how unfair it may be. So I’m working on that right now. I hope your journaling is as freeing as mine has been.

5 Likes