Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! May 3rd šŸ‘’

Merry Meet Monday everyone. The weekend seemed to speed by, but I got to go the beach yesterday and I did enjoy a bit of relaxing.

I found some cute gnomes for my patio area too, and some lemongrass incense. I love the smell of lemongrass!

No big plans this week, might work on adding some rune symbols to a cane my dad made years ago, with my wood burner. And finish a couple lessons.
Edit I forgot Resident Evil Village comes out Friday, Iā€™m both a huge fan and a gamer :nerd_face:, so that will be my plan for Friday! My husband is taking the day off too, so itā€™ll be a family game day. :grin:
Congrats @Amethyst and @Liisa !
Have a great week witches!

8 Likes

We have a small gnome colony in my neighborhood. They go missing & turn up in other yards. Itā€™s a good time. The leader of the gnomes used to be active on FB, I donā€™t remember why they stopped posting for Gnomeoā€¦ he traveled quite a bit too. So his adventures were documented. His family members take up their homes throughout the neighborhood & go on their own adventures.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s so great!

6 Likes

We also have mannequins that are quite the party girls. Last time I saw the one was playing the guitar & the other was ready to go for a walk. Their nemesis lost her head & wound up being forced out of the group. There was an abductionā€¦ it was a concerning time for the mannequin Golden Girls.

6 Likes

:laughing::joy: thatā€™s hilarious! Your neighborhood sounds fun!

6 Likes

We do the best we can with what we have. :rofl: Thereā€™s always something going on & our neighborhood watch is unmatched. :rofl: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone!

Itā€™s been a good Monday for me so far all in all, despite a few mishaps.

Itā€™s a Bank Holiday here in the UK, which traditionally means itā€™s going to rain which it is now doing! But this morning it was dry so we took the dog for a walk in the woods down the road. He always gets excited when we get in the car because he knows weā€™re going somewhere nice. Lots of other people out walking too, and we stopped at the snack van for coffee and a puppucino for Sherlock (whipped cream and a gravy bone) which he appreciated.

Iā€™m doing some personal life admin this afternoon, part of letting go of things from the past, and preparing for a few spells and rituals this even for the last quarter moon.

I was going to put some empty glass jars in the recycling last night, but then remembered what Iā€™d read here about saving glass jars for witchy things and how useful they can be. So Iā€™ve done that and now just trying to remove the smell of garlic from one of the lids with baking soda.

Iā€™m going to enjoy my afternoon off and watch a film and have a glass of wine whilst my hubby plays on the xBox. All in all not a bad day :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Very nice! We had rain here last night but today itā€™s a nice sunny day. The wind has died down too.

I love your dogā€™s name! Sherlock is perfect & the puppucino was probably refreshing for him.

I save tons of jars. I have a shelf in my room that is all spell jars or witchy jars. They are very handy to have! I donā€™t keep all of them but I have enough for me & at least one other person. :rofl:

Have a great afternoon & evening! :last_quarter_moon:

7 Likes

Aww, thanks to everyone for the congrats on the likes! I appreciate the comments!

Happy Iris Day this weekend @IrisW!

Whoo! No doctor appointments, thatā€™s good! Sounds like youā€™ll be able to get up to lots of witchy things this week. Or lots of TV binging. Whichever wins. LOL.

Well if we donā€™t hear from you over the weekend, we wonā€™t be too worried. Drink water and take a break every now and again love! Have fun killing zombies!

LOL! Too funny! Those are some creative people you live by!

Sounds as if youā€™ve had a lovely day planned @IrisW! I hope it goes as well as you thought it would!

As for me, I went to the leg doc today and I am fully free of the Unna boots finally! My legs are free! But the bad news is I have a new ulcer in a bad place, the back of my upper thigh. So now Iā€™ve got to get that healed. Hereā€™s to hoping it doesnā€™t take seven months to do it, it fricken hurts.

Other than that today was good. Went with my friend to her doctorā€™s appointment and got to see some of the sights of the area I havenā€™t seen in a good decade thanks to not having a car. Was tempted by a cold Frosty but I managed to avoid it which my blood sugar thanks me for.

So I was a good girl for the most part today. Now Iā€™m home and pooped from getting up early, so Iā€™m gonna get myself something to eat and take a long nap. Hope everyoneā€™s week is going well!

6 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone :heartpulse: Thank you so much for the shoutout @BryWisteria and congratulations @Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I had someday today lol, the filling I have in one of my back teeth came out today when I was eating an almond :pensive: the nerve was all exposed and it was like someone was drilling in my head :mask: Iā€™ve put a temp filling in just now until I get a dental appointment, the nerve is fine now thankfully Iā€™m just a bit tender now. On the plus side though I made an awesome chicken arrabbiata in the slow cooker and my daughter gets to go back to figure skating training full time now that lockdown has lifted a bit :slight_smile: The rest of the week will be full of work, the dentist, the mundane and the magickal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope everyone has an amazing week :heartpulse:

P.s. I almost forgot to mention @IrisW day :heartpulse: I love it :heartpulse:

7 Likes

So, I wound up having an appointment today that I forgot about, but it was a phone appointment. When I saw it was my psychiatrist, I figured I should answer the phone. It was a good appointment though. Iā€™m doing really good & we lowered a medication for the second time. Iā€™m working really hard every day to stay where I am emotionally & mentally. I havenā€™t felt like this in a long time. Now I can say for the rest of the week I have no appointments.

My daughter has her last official half day of school tomorrow. Then every Wednesday from now until June, she has a shorter day. Not quite a half day, a little longer than that. But both days she will be home before 3pm. So I think tomorrow I will get my stuff around the house done & then work on my family tree. Iā€™m working on the Irish & Italian side right now.

5 Likes

One good appointment and a house to yourself- sounds like you are in for a relaxing week, @Susurrus! And oh my goodness you had me laughing at your neighborhood gnome and mannequin shenanigans- that sounds like so much fun! :joy:

Beautiful pictures, @Rowan :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Enjoy your relaxing week and have fun with Resident Evil! Itā€™s not a series Iā€™m into, but my partner loves it- weā€™ll see if we end up with the game here too :laughing: Happy playing! :video_game:

Iā€™m glad to hear you and Sherlock enjoyed a lovely walk (a bonus with those tasty treats! :yum:) @IrisW. I hope your personal reflections went well and that all your spell preparations are good to go! :sparkles::blush: Enjoy the day!

Hooray to be boot-free, @Amethyst! :raised_hands: Although Iā€™m sorry to hear about the new ulcer- may it heal up speedy quick for you :pray: Lovely that you got to spend some fun time exploring with your friend. Hope the rest of the week goes well- enjoy it! :heart:

Oh dear, @Liisa! I remember you mentioned in your latest rune post as well- Iā€™m so sorry to hear about the teeth troubles :tooth: Iā€™m glad they were able to get the temp filling in quick- hopefully you can get an appointment to have it fixed up for good asap! :pray: The chicken arrabbiata is a definite silver lining to the day- sounds very yummy :yum: Hope you have a wonderful week as well!

6 Likes

@BryWisteria we definitely keep it interesting in the neighborhood. The first mannequin has gone missing. Thereā€™s an investigation with very little to go on. (My son & his friend abducted her one night & since then the whole charade has a life of its own. There are t-shirts for her & flyers asking if anyone has seen her. Itā€™s a good time, thereā€™s a video somewhere.)

5 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious, @Susurrus! :joy: What a fun way to bring the neighborhood together and give everyone something to talk about :laughing:

4 Likes

I am sorry I am so late I was watching the video for Beltane Travel Witch posted!
I did a Beltane ritual! I am looking forward to the garden soon! I have so many seeds & I hope they sprout soon!

May you all have a blessed Beltane!

Bright blessings from Millie!
Jeannie
Blessed be!

7 Likes

Rowan
nice drawings I love the colors so vibrant! For Beltane me and my husband lite a fire :fire: in the fire pit! All in all we had fun! Our neighbor came buy and played some guitar! My husband is a dead head. Our friend new how to play fleet wood mac Gypsy! I heard that song and my whole face lite up! That song always makes me want to dance! It was a good night on Sunday!

Iris- Happy Iris day! I wish I had a holiday named after me! Itā€™s your day! I bet your face lit up with a smile :blush: I could see your face I have that kind of power you know! Magical Spell workings may then power be manifested inn you!

Amethyst- Thanks for showing so much love to the coven! You are a wonderful person! I am very fortunate to have a friend like you!

Siofra- Glad to hear your outside! I have a mocking bord outside my window! I can hear :ear: the world mocking frogs and crickets :cricket: and I :heart_eyes: like it bit my husband gets annoyed :angry:
Well glad youā€™re getting your vitamin D and getting plenty of sun :sunny:
I can hear my dog crying in his sleep through the night too! His name is Rosko! He is a great dog!

Well to all the rest of the coven members sorry if I missed you!
Travel Witch- Hi hope that you are doing well
Blessed beā€‹:sparkles::sparkles:

5 Likes

Hooray and hello to you too, @Jeannie1! :grin::two_hearts:

Your Beltane altar is stunning- look at all those beautiful flowers and natural decorations. You really brought the wonders of the season into your sacred space- I love how it looks! :bouquet: :pray::heart:

Thanks for sharing these pictures, and Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed the Beltane Fire Society video! Many blessings to you and Millie :cat: :two_hearts: Hope you both have a wonderful day!

6 Likes

Beautiful @Jeannie1! Your altar really has a sparkle with it all lit up like that. Tell Millie I said hi!

Iā€™m thankful to have a friend like you @Rowan! You make it special around here!

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.