Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jan 30 - Feb 5 šŸ•Æ

@BryWisteria So if it is a snow moon in the Northern hemisphere, it is different here in Southern hemi right?? Itā€™s confusing to look at as I have the print out with the moons and mine says snow moon since it is off Spells8 with the moon calendar for this yearā€¦:relaxed:

8 Likes

I believe we have a moon calendar somewhere for the Southern Hemisphereā€¦ :thinking: Let me go hunt for it!

Edit: I was right! So if you scroll down about halfway on this page (Southern Hemisphere Sabbats, Esbats, Pagan & Wiccan Resources ā€“ Spells8) youā€™ll find a printable for Full Moon Names in the Southern Hemisphere!

8 Likes

Thank you, my love! Iā€™m getting tired of getting holes in me. I leak like a sieve. LOL! Good luck with your bread and cookies tomorrow!

Thanks, darling! Me too!

Thanks, Bry. I hope they go away too. Theyā€™re a real pain.

7 Likes

I thought I responded, but apparently no :face_with_monocle:

Iā€™m sorry you were in the ER again for celluitis. Iā€™ve had that happen to & it is quite painful. Iā€™m happy to hear that itā€™s been nipped in the bud! :heart:

You will absolutely be okay! Just a blip in the road of your path :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Megan has you covered with the Southern Hemisphere calendar she kindly shared- Iā€™d recommend printing out that version specific for moons in the Southern Hemisphere! According to that, this monthā€™s moon in the South is the Full Sturgeon Moon :fish: :sparkles:

But even though the nature of the moon may differ due to our different seasons, a full moon is still a full moon everywhere in the world. Even across the distance, we are all looking up and seeing the same beautiful moon together :full_moon_with_face: :handshake: :two_hearts:

Hope you have a blessed full moon!

6 Likes

Thanks love! The biggest problem is that I canā€™t sit at the computer comfortably. I hate posting from my phone.

7 Likes

My goodness!! There is so much I want to do!

I am honoring and leaving offering for Brigid today. I am including the picture of the my first invocation and ritual set up. I have the same setting in my office at work and one more at home tonight. I love all the ideas everyone has shared on the Imbolg 2023 Celebrations thread! I am definitely going to save and print several of the ideas I saw for my book of shadows. Next year I will be more prepared!

I look forward to the group healing ritual tomorrow morning and the next book club!

Blessed Sabbat my friends! Sending love and light to all!

9 Likes

Oh, I hate posting from my phone too! I make the most typos then or colliding words, so I try not to unless I have to for something & canā€™t grab or get to my laptop :computer:

@stephanieanne76 thatā€™s a lovely setup & I hope the day goes well for you! I love that you have one at your office too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Sweetest messages a witch can get from her beloved :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe some day we can curl up by the fire with something nice bubbling in a cauldron~ :blush::two_hearts:

8 Likes

I donā€™t have a laptop and there are some things Iā€™ve got to sit up for, unfortunately. LOL. Thanks, love!

8 Likes

I only have the laptop lolā€¦ but I do the same thing. I have to use it sitting up.

Itā€™s very hard for me to navigate my phone & the forum sometimes or even just the keyboard on my phone. It kind of does what it wants. :rofl:

9 Likes

Well, this is my first week back at work from a staycation-no rest- new puppy, drs appts up the wazhoo for the whole family and getting over a cold.
It has been super busy!!
And the best part (not the best), it will be -40 celsius (yes, minus forty-not a typo!) here tonight and for tomorrow. It was -4 earlier today. Then in two days it will be 0 degrees celsius during the day, and +5 celsius on Wednesday. How crazy is that??!!

I have a puppy photo and crazy swirling snow pic to add when I get to my phone.

Yikes! Yikes!

It was a little blustery last night as well as cold. :cold_face:
This pic is of the snow blowing.
*edited to add pics

10 Likes

Oh the puppy is so so adorable!!!

9 Likes

I love :heart: your puppy so much, @Phoenix_Rose
She is so adorable!

8 Likes

You and your puppy stay warm @Phoenix_Rose!

8 Likes

Iā€™m with @stephanieanne76, @marsha, & @Amethyst ADORABLE puppy, but very important to stay warm for both of you! We are having a similar cold snap with winds coming straight off the ocean :ocean:

I remember looking up at the moon :full_moon: (which oddly reminded me of my Agate egg) & just thinking how it was so pretty, & the clouds :cloud: were moving so fast over it then when it goes behind some clouds, while I couldnā€™t see the moon itself, the glow through the clouds was beautiful to look at too! This morning when I went out to start the truck & walk my pupper, the moon could be seen so clearly & I wished I had remembered my phone to take a picture of it through the trees :deciduous_tree:

I have no appointments today & was told by my husband, to stay home due to the cold. So, not going to argue with that at all! :joy:

8 Likes

So in true Canuck fashion, we decided to have some fun in the -40 weather (-29, feels like -40).

We took three cups of water- 1 cold, 1 tap hot, 1 boiling. We took them outside and threw the water up into the air. The boiling water was the coolest as the steam and some water turned to snow that drifted in the air. The rest of that water became icy and dropped to the ground. The other two cups of water got icy and splattered to the ground. But by far the coolest was droplets of the boiling water becoming snow. We repeated that a few times. The kids had fun. Oh the joy of being entertained by simple things! :grin::cold_face:

9 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose Oooā€¦ when it would be bitter cold in Northern NH where my birth mother livedā€¦ in the dead of winter my brother & I would take the tapped maple syrup & a cast iron pan. Fill it with the snow & leave the pan on the porch or by the front steps in a snowbank for a little bit. When we would go outside ready to dive into the snow, weā€™d stop by the pan & grab some maple syrup candies!

Weā€™ve done the different types of water in the air too! That is a lot of fun & weā€™ve cooked eggs on things in dog days of summer too! Oh, the joy of playing with the weather & getting everyday things to react! :hugs:

When I went to do my 2 errands for the weekend, it was -22 outsideā€¦ I went, did them, came home & told my familyā€¦ Iā€™m not going anywhere until at least Monday :laughing:

10 Likes

I thought the states with similar winters would do similar things :grin:.

Sounds like awesome memories. I grew up on a farm and we made our own maple syrup. We too would make maple syrup candies in the snow. My mom was very clear for us not to pick up the yellow snow :joy:

10 Likes

Oh dear, memoriesā€¦ ā€œdonā€™t eat the yellow snow!ā€ :joy:
What I did eat though was icicles, I still remember how they crunched in my teeth :grinning: I havenā€™t seen many icicles lately, later Iā€™ve learned that having some is a sign that the roof is leaking heat! So yay for warmer buildings, even if it means no crunchy treats! :laughing:

11 Likes