Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 28 - Dec 4 šŸŒ“

I hope everyone is having a great week. My work is super busy and taking up a lot of time. I am trying to implement time savers in my work day to help free up time so I donā€™t have to work o/t every day.
I am trying to get outside my comfort zone and I donā€™t always know how to do that. When there is a habitual way of doing something I find it hard to figure out what to do instead of that. Today my mantra was ā€˜nope, stopā€™ each time I found myself in an old pattern. Then focused on the moment. I am sure in time something will come to me.
I have a pre-teen and a teenager-and they are being delightful :crazy_face: I am also reaching the ago of menopause-it hasnā€™t started yet but I am hoping I can avoid having 3 people with raging emotions in the house at the same time. :sweat_smile:
@AileyGrey have a wonderful week! I am a firm believer of ā€˜putting a light at the end of the tunnelā€™- count downs are wonderful and get you through the tougher days. :slight_smile: If I recall correctly, I believe you may be a teacher- it is demanding to teach, rewarding, but also demanding.

@Amethyst hope your appointment today went well!

@Susurrus you are so valuable to this community. I hope you are healing well. I hope you have a great week too!

@Amaris_Bane I hope you are recovery nicely this week. I have just started the Spells8 tarot course. I am so slow with anything extra above work and kids, but I may look at the Biddy Tarot course, especially if you recommend it. I hope to get started on Yule planning as well- that would be a challenge for me- I am more of a last minute person but I donā€™t enjoy that- it just seems to be my patternā€¦for now
I may have missed this but- why blow cinnamon into the house?

@Ostara I hope the a/c is fixed!

@MeganB I hope you had a wonderful picnic with your daughter! What a brilliant idea and what a great way to recharge.

@Mistress_Of_Herbs and @Ostara thanks for all your contributions!!

Have a blessed week everyone.

6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane - I found the cinnamon reference:).

5 Likes

I am & finally getting out of the brain fog of recovery medications & not being soā€¦ exhausted & drained by the time itā€™s the afternoon. Taking my time though went very well! No infections & everything kind of doing what it is supposed to for healing & my next appointment on December 13 should be a good one.

I have taken the course on Spells8 & it is a valuable resource as well as :flower_playing_cards: Tarot Poems by The Gifted and Talented Amethystā€¦ I am taking a 2nd course with Biddy Tarotā€¦ the do have a free pdf of keywords for each of the 78 cards & I took an intuitive reading course, I am taking another course to help with reading the cards intuitively also, I just canā€™t remember if itā€™s the same one as @Amaris_Bane.

I canā€™t speak for her, but I really like the teachers approach to reading them & the exercises to work with reading them intuitively also. I do the daily one card ā€œpracticeā€ & Iā€™m doing a lot better than I was when I first started & my readings are making much more sense this way. I still working with 1 card at the moment though. Iā€™m kind of intimidated by more than 1 right now, although I have read up to 2 due to jumpers or another something that wants me to pull another card. It doesnā€™t happen very often though :rofl:

(I have found that for me, learning these things in baby steps :footprints: works much better for me & one at a time or I get too overwhelmed. Last year I went to classes & became an Advanced Crystal Practitioner, this year is reading tarot intuitively & strengthening my intuition)

Every year around the end of November, she offers the certification class at 50% off too. I canā€™t remember the amount for the certification course normally though :thinking: it would help if I could remember the 50% off amount :laughing:

I run into this & itā€™s daunting at times, but sometimes if you take a step back & come back to it, a different way or time to do it just kind of happens & then feels better or easier than the habitual way of doing things. Itā€™s part of me finding my new groove since the larger of the hurdles for the last 9 months have been overcome, now itā€™s finding a new way to flow through my days.

Take your time & donā€™t be too hard on yourself if it doesnā€™t happen immediately or every day. Once you get into the swing of things, it will just happen the way it should. :hugs:

In other news, it has been a VERY LONG TIME since I remembered anything about a dream. In one week there have been 2 instances where I had a dream & the first time, I remembered a little bit. Last night though, even 2 hours after I woke up, I remembered a good amount of my dream. Both times I remembered to write it down. First I would put it in my Finch app under my dream diary reflection then a more in depth part in my journal. I canā€™t remember the last time before the last week that I had a dream or even remembered that I had one & anything about it. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Oh my! That you arenā€™t babbling in a corner, rocking back and forth is a comment on your strength of mind. LOL!

My appointment went okay, not great but okay. It is what it is, kind of thing, you know? Thanks though, love!

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!

6 Likes

It was so nice and I took some good pictures, too! Iā€™ll put some here :blush: :camera_flash:

Pretty Pictures Here!

6 Likes

Great pics :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Beautiful pictures! Very artistic!

6 Likes

Gorgeous pictures, @MeganB! :heart:

Do I see some happy little mushrooms in the third picture? :mushroom: :star_struck: I miss seeing them on walks in the woods- mushroom season canā€™t come back around quick enough for me! :joy:

6 Likes

@Susurrus

That is awesome. Slow is steady and steady is fast. So sayeth my cousin who is a paramedic. Glad to hear you are taking it slow and there are no infections!

I find I am not getting a lot intuitively but I also feel like my life is at warp speed. Reading and studying will help me for sure.
I laugh when I ignore my jumper and they show up as my draw card. ā€˜Alright, Iā€™m listening :wink:ā€™

Baby steps work great but I have been baby stepping for so longā€¦ more like premature baby steps. Lol.

Yes, it is the different ways that I find hard- an image popped in my mind when I was doing the reading and it looked like the soil of my mind had split and moved aside. I had a path of soil with mounds on both sides. Which is cool to have the soil waiting for seed- but there was no seed- that is where I am at. Lol. It will come.

So glad the larger hurdles have been overcome for you!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

If I had a nickel for each time I was told that I would be VERY richā€‹:joy::joy::joy:

Yay!!! That is awesome. I hope that is reflective of a shift for you after these hurdles have passed. :hugs::purple_heart:

Have a fabulous weekend!

6 Likes

There are daysā€¦.lol. Thanks.

I hope the next appointment goes fabulously! ā€˜It is what is itā€™ is one of my favourite sayings. It gives me a level of acceptance and peace before moving on to the next step. It helps me continue to strive for change/healing etc without having frustration.
Have a great weekend! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I have been there too, actually I spent about 6 months there & back & forth. It will come!

When I first started trying to trust my intuition again, it was tough, but I found that if first I worked on grounding & staying present instead of past or projecting the future. I did much better & honestly, it was like relearning my whole everything & starting over from scratch a few times before I found a groove that workedā€¦ even if that groove had to be tweaked or redone after a little bit. I was more like crawling before the steps came to me.

You & me bothā€¦ I just canā€™t come with a better way to say it except that you have to be gentle with yourself. If you try to get through things too fast or learn too much at once, I have found that everything either gets jumbled, I have to start over, or burnout sets in for a while. Or a combination of them. Start small & once that becomes a thing, add 1 more. Donā€™t try too much at once, it can be overwhelming.

Sending you strength :muscle: & love @Phoenix_Rose, if you have any questions just ask. :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

I agree! I know that thought has taken a lot of stress off me, thatā€™s for sure.

Have a good weekend!

5 Likes

We have been using this a lot in my house for goings on around us & actually just keep more to ourselves around the neighborhood & in town. Things have worked out much better that wayā€¦ it helps to keep me from ruminating on things & letting things just happen as they will for others.

5 Likes

Thank you @Phoenix_Rose and @Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes you do! :mushroom: I totally thought of you when I was taking that picture! My thoughts were like ā€“ ā€œOh, Bry is gonna love this!ā€ :joy: I donā€™t know what kind of mushrooms they were but they were cute!

6 Likes

I see everyone talking about mushrooms hereā€¦ My daughter has this thing for mushrooms. She did this one for her art project at school.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s so good! :heart_eyes: I love it! @BryWisteria has a thing for mushrooms lol sheā€™s got a few posts here somewhere about mushroom foraging in Poland :mushroom: she always finds the coolest mushrooms Iā€™ve ever seen!

5 Likes

I received a package & the thank you card had mushrooms on the frontā€¦ now to figure out where I put itā€¦ I thought of @BryWisteria & a couple of others when I saw it so put it in a ā€œsafeā€ place :rofl:

6 Likes

Ooh, thatā€™s so pretty!

5 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday news post :newspaper:

(If youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)