Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 28 - Dec 4 🌓

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

→ Wednesday, November 30

Look to the skies! This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick says that this moon phase is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

This moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up: For more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase, check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for more Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Group Tea Ritual - Seasonal Image

→ Thursday, December 1

:grey_exclamation: The group ritual has been canceled this week- please know that it will pick up again as usual next week!

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. To help prepare for next week’s ritual, please feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

→ Friday, December 2

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, you can check out the current 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar or the NEW 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

For news and information about witchy happenings delivered to your email inbox three times a week, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Troubleshooting Spells :hammer_and_wrench:

TroubleShooting Mechanic Fix Spell Challenge

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, November 29 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, December 23 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXII - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, November 30 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, November 30.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Saturday, December 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@kimberly72 - @stephane1 - @jessica128 - @lauren29 - @melody6 - @shaelyn1 - @devin4 - @angela47 - @taryn1 - @latoia - @kristin14 - @kristie2 - @mandi3 - @desiree7 - @elizabeth3 - @presley - @jennifer128 - @vanessa23 - @reed - @tessie - @jamie36 - @Tabitha138 - @roni - @stephanie60 - @chasnie - @heather81 - @babby - @asia - @mary7 - @kassandra2 - @sarah85 - @ria - @justin3 - @taiani - @caitlin9 - @nothando - @raymond1 - @felicia12 - @shannyn - @ProjectSarah - @lori14 - @jamie37 - @natasha21 - @vanessa24 - @christina52 - @kari7 - @ashley86 - @stacy12 - @yolande1 - @elin1 - @wildwhit82 - @lorenzo - @katrina12 - @mersadeis - @autumn17 - @aliyah - @simone - @sylvie - @lady2 - @jeanice - @lara5 - @victor3 - @lindsay4 - @hollie2 - @melanie16 - @Ancient_Queen - @lyuba - @jadian - @charisse - @morgan23 - @sollex - @chasity9 - @shannon33 - @marykate - @charlotte2 - @hamby

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @Mistress_Of_Herbs - for sharing the most posts in the forum over the past week :writing_hand:

• @Ostara - for giving out the most hearts in the forum (on a two-week streak!) :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Wishing you a blessed start to December! :snowflake:
Are you preparing for the upcoming solstice and Sabbat? :candle: Any plans for this week’s First Quarter Moon? :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :first_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Happy Early Morning Monday! I’m feeling (mostly) better and heading off to work! Back to reality for my crew today!”, like so many others, I’m sure! Only 17.5 more days until our next break…. But who’s counting?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Our week is pretty light, thank goodness! Hoping it’s going to be delightful and productive!

Have a great week!!

11 Likes

Congratulations to @Mistress_Of_Herbs and @Ostara! Thank you for all you do for the community! It wouldn’t be the same without you gals!

I hope you all are having a good Monday. So far, I am. I’ve got to take something to the UPS store and go to the doctor today, which will be just loads of fun. LOL!

I’m still not sure what I can do for this week’s challenge. I may end up making it up later. I was so busy this weekend I didn’t have time to do anything.

I’ve got a rare Wednesday appointment this week and that’s throwing me off. LOL! Oh well, I shall get used to it if I have to. We’ll see. Other than that, not much is going on this week.

I hope y’alls week goes well for you! Good luck with the snot monsters @AileyGrey! LOL!

10 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: to @Mistress_Of_Herbs & @Ostara, you both offer so much to the coven & it is always more than appreciated :tada:

I hope your doctor’s appointment goes well today & the UPS Store is hopefully not too busy for you. It’s funny that you say a rare Wednesday appointment because I have routine Wednesday appointments that are set up each Wednesday through January right now… the Monday ones throw me all off for the rest of the week. I hope you are able to move through the week easily, maybe a reset type of meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: on Wednesday once your appointment is finished? :hugs:

I think I found my entry for this week’s challenge by accident this morning after my husband left. I was tweaking away at something & afterward… I’m very happy with the results so far & the overall energy within my space & home. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope everyone has a great week & I hope to be able to be even closer to my normal in & outs as the week goes on! Thank you everyone for your patience with me :hugs: :people_hugging: :infinite_roots:

10 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs - for sharing the most posts in the forum over the past week :writing_hand:
@Ostara - for giving out the most hearts in the forum (on a two-week streak!) :heart:

Thank :pray: you both for making :infinite_roots: our community a better place with your love :heart: and wisdom! I am thankful for both of you!

Love :heart_decoration: and hugs :people_hugging:

P.S. I love the new name, Mistress of Herbs!

8 Likes

Congrats to @Mistress_Of_Herbs (how have I not noticed that you changed your name. I love it!) and @Ostara!!

I think I need a vacation from my holiday, lol. I spent the last part of the week with my family back home. I had a great time, but now my social battery is dead, and I need to recharge.

This week is a recovery week for me, both energetically and at work. We are wrapping up all our end-of-year testing to be done before the holidays start. That means days full of meetings and nights full of work. Fun.

I am chugging along on Biddy Tarot’s “Read Tarot With Confidence” course and am loving it so far. I need to also start planning my Yule, as I am off for the entire time this year!

I hope everyone has a great week.

**Don’t forget to blow cinnamon into your home on Thursday!

10 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst, @Susurrus, @marsha and @Amaris_Bane!

Work today was awful. No a/c in the old building and we can’t open the windows because the old building has settled over the last 70 years. We were sweating all day.

I won’t have to dress for the environment tomorrow though because hubby gave me strep throat. :hot_face:

6 Likes

Thank u @BryWisteria @Amethyst @Ostara @Susurrus @marsha @Amaris_Bane

Oh yes @marsha and @Amaris_Bane i love my new name!!!

6 Likes

Other than 2 of them puking their guts up, it was a pretty good day!

Send all the Lysol!

6 Likes

Ooph, no A/C is the worst. I live in AZ so I would simply hide in a freezer all day. And something I have learned is to leave a little foldable fan in my purse, car or desk! Talk about a life saver. I hope you rest up and get to feeling better soon!

6 Likes

Oh my Gods, I have had a hectic start to my week and I don’t foresee it getting any less busy :sweat_smile: I’ve got my fingers crossed that I at least have room to breathe, though! Today (Tuesday) is the only day this week that I don’t have any pressing appointments, so I’m going with my daughter to have a picnic at the river and walk the trails this morning. :herb: I need some time outside in nature and this is perfect timing!

Congratulations you two! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t blame you for counting :joy: I’ve got a countdown of my own (for something more personal lol) and the closer I get to it the more excited I am! :clap: I hope your week goes smoothly :heart:

It seems our weeks have traded each other :laughing: you’ve got an uneventful week and my week is entirely full! I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well! Are Fred and George out the door yet?

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you for this! :crossed_fingers: This week, I’m just hoping for room to breathe :laughing:

I feel you on the social battery thing :low_battery: mine gets like that very, very easily. I’m thankful that my family here in Florida tends to be more on the low-key side of celebrations. We had a Thanksgiving lunch/dinner at my house and everyone just sort of hung out :laughing: I hope you’re able to wrap up your projects at work easily so you have time to rest!

Oh no, I’m sorry work was awful! I couldn’t imagine being without a/c especially here in Florida. We’d probably bake to death in our own houses :sweat_smile: Hopefully today is much better for you!

Yup, I second this! I always keep on in my purse and I’ve got one here on my desk, too :laughing:

6 Likes

The doctor appointment went great and I got in and out of the UPS Store easy peasy. Thankfully I got my return already for what I sent back to Amazon, so that was nice.

I may meditate after I get home on Wednesday but I’ll probably just lie down. I’ll probably be so pooped by then I’ll sleep some. LOL!

Glad you’re moving closer to normal, love! We worry about you.

I hope you find some time to recharge!

Oh my! I’m sorry you’re sick but it sounds like you’re better off out of the building! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Oh my! You need more than Lysol, my dear! That sounds like a not-fun day at work. Hopefully, things will get better!

Whoo! Sounds as if you’re in need of a rest, my love! I hope your picnic goes well and you and your daughter have fun!

Fred is officially gone, and George is superficial so that’s really good!

6 Likes

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

I’m so glad to hear that!!

6 Likes

HEE! Thanks for the Minions fun! My doctor says she’s going to nominate herself for the Nobel Prize when I get healed out.

5 Likes

It’s still Tuesday & I made it in! If I could have had any more surprises come my way today… I would have gone into hibernation :rofl:

I did get some pretties in the mail though, I got a Larvikite bracelet & I have a turtle coming too! Still collecting the turtles :turtle: :joy: & a few chime candles, but I definitely need more red & black ones.

@Amethyst I’m glad that Fred is officially gone! Hopefully, George just hangs out being superficial.

@AileyGrey I’m counting the days too! My daughter has a half day on the 23rd & then I honestly can’t remember if she goes back on the 2nd or 3rd, but I know it will be a great time to have her home with us.

@MeganB, Wednesday is the only day that I have an appointment, but the catch-up & surprising things so far this week have been… just about overwhelming for me. I needed a reset meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: today to release the energy of feeling rushed around all day like I needed to get all the things done so I could get to the regular things :flushed:

@Amaris_Bane I definitely feel that way after last week & the last 2 days of catch up around the house. My social meter consists of those that are living in my home :rofl: Other than that, I am only going to do things I need to do & head back to the house.

@Ostara, I’m so sorry for the no A/C, we had a similar issue during the hottest part of the summer & the A/C was blowing warm air & the outside air was even warmer, so it was brutal when we were at work.

@danielle38 I used to have a small fan on my desk that plugged into a USB port that helped me, I would just bring it wherever I went. Now I have a heated blanket in my car that plugs into the “cigarette lighter” for the cold weather.

5 Likes

I’m hoping George follows his twin and goes AWAY! LOL!

6 Likes

@Amethyst that would be ideal, maybe he will get bored without Fred & go to find him!

7 Likes

I dearly hope so.

6 Likes

Have to pop in and blow the party horn for this- congrats, Amethyst! :partying_face: :heart::sparkles: That is awesome news, and it sounds like George is right behind Fred! Get outta here, George- leave Amethyst in peace! :raised_hands: :grinning:

6 Likes