Merry Meet Monday! October 19th 🌟

Greetings to all, and a very Merry Meet Monday!

:star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

~Group Ritual~

Join your fellow coven members for a relaxing tea meditation ritual this Thursday, October 22nd.

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s ritual post for an idea about what to expect, and keep an eye on the forums for an announcement with details for this week’s group ritual :coffee:

~Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon~

This week, on Friday, October 23rd we will we blessed with the light of the First Quarter Moon! :first_quarter_moon:

For the exact time of the moon phase in your location, you can check the Old Farmer’s Almanac’s Moon Phase Calendar :calendar:

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing. As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase. Happy moon magick! :first_quarter_moon:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

~Other Events of Interest~

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week include:

Ongoing Challenge :trophy:

Put your powers into words and cast your intent in this week’s Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- The Spell-ing Bee!

Whether you’ve written a thousand spells or have yet to create your first, this challenge will guide you through the process. Craft words and weave intent to make a spell uniquely yours!

:exclamation: But cast quickly! This week’s challenge will close its curtains TOMORROW, October 20th at 7:00AM CET.

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear with shout-outs and a goody for all participants :gift: . And for challenge enthusiasts, watch out! A new challenge is announced every Wednesday.

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

@hayley, @regina, @marina1, @frances, @hope, @riccardo, @meleah, @lisa23, @jenna2, @wilma, @brenda11, @eric, @nicola, @rosharee, @brittany15, @erica7, @chelsea1, @mirykle, @jeffrey, @lara1, @noel1, @Gambit, @sara10, @jasminmonay, @cheri, @amanda24, @elena3, @bela, @angelo, @quadeera, @serena3, @gary, @anupama, @laura13, @AmethystGlynae, @michele2, @heather19, @amy10, @corrin, @tanya4, @lori5, @camelia, @dana2, @gili, @desirae, @kerry3, @morgan6, @karla, @shantelle7, @kerriwynne, @shauna, @darius, @tracie2, @tomoan, @amy11, @elira, @derek, @nickole1, @anastasiia, @shayla1, @jaylene, @james4, @lena, @katie6

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. You might want to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• Bravo to @christina4, who has written the most posts over the past week :writing_hand: Your positive affirmations and great attitude help to lift others up- thank you for sharing your wisdom and enthusiasm with the coven!

• Lots of love back to @Rowan who has liked the most posts over the last seven days :heart: We are grateful to have your warm presence and kindness here in the forum- you are a blessing!

And of course, a big thank you to all members of the Spells8 forum family! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :star2:

What thoughts are on your mind as we enter the new week? :thought_balloon: Are you ready for the upcoming Blue Moon, Halloween, and Samhain festivities? :bat:

Feel free to shout out to your fellow coven members and share thoughts for the coming week in the comments below.

As the waxing moon grows in strength, so too shall you! May the days ahead bring you many joys and good health

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Merry Meet Monday!
Thank you for the shoutout @BryWisteria. There’s just so much to like here on our forum.
Today, I’ve got plans to clean up my closet, things just seem to get piled in there! :laughing:
I’m going to also try to get the spell crafting inspiration flowing, a bit last minute. My vinyl sticker paper came too, so I’ll be printing the stickers for my BOS that @Francisco made. Thanks Francisco!
Then it’s reading time with the Spiral Dance every day this week, I’m on Chpt 4 right now.
Blessed Be!

5 Likes

Congratulations on the most posts! I love reading the daily affirmations. I have even copied them to my FB a couple of times! I love them! They have been so helpful the last couple of weeks getting through my days.

Congratulations @Rowan for showing love! You are such a nice person I love talking to you.

I am feeling a lot better today. I had a 3 day head cold and today I feel more like myself. I am going to get some journaling done and really try to look more at my life and how I want it to go from here.

Next Wednesday I have my hearing for Social Security. I am hoping that goes well for me and I can start to really move forward. I have been waiting over a year for this to come. I can’t imagine I waited this long for nothing. I know the judge is reviewing my records this week and I will be called next Wednesday at 11 AM with my lawyer. So I’m working on intentions for that to be in my favor. Any positive thoughts or anything would be much appreciated.

This Thursday I have my 2nd surgery and the final one for the year. I have already had it on the right side & it really helped. So I’m looking forward to it helping on the left too. I’m also hoping they find something to do about my hips. But I know I may have to wait on that one. They say I’m too young for a replacement, so I just have to deal until my Dr talks to a couple of his friends.

I hope everyone has a great week! I’m going to go do some journaling and get my day started!

4 Likes

Congratulations @christina4 and @Rowan! That’s great for both of you!

Today I finally got my hair cut into a pixie cut! It feels so good to have it short again. I was due a haircut when COVID happened and I’ve been putting it off and putting it off. My head feels so much lighter.

I plan to get some reading and writing done this week. I wanna work on my story that I’m writing and read more on my book for the book club. These past few weeks have been busy for me and I’m hoping I don’t have to go out anymore this week but for shopping tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to tea time this Thursday too! That’ll be fun.

Hope y’all have a good week!

3 Likes

There must be something in the air, I’ve been cleaning today as well! Also enjoying The Spiral Dance!

4 Likes

Chapter 4 already! You’re a fast reader!

Also, I’d love to see the interesting places where the stickers end up!! :smile:

4 Likes

@Francisco the longest part was the intro, for me. I think it took me 2 days to read through it. But now whenever I have a moment I pull up my kindle and read. Im also taking notes here and there. :nerd_face:
Definitely Ill post pics when Im finished with the stickers, they turned out great!

4 Likes

You are very welcome, @Rowan- it is a well-earned shoutout! :grinning: Have fun with the stickers for your BOS, that sounds like a great project. I’d love to see pictures when they are all finished!

So glad to hear you are feeling better, @Susurrus- I’m glad it was a quick cold and is already on the way out. Sending good wishes for your SS hearing- you have been waiting such a long time! Many positive thoughts and well-wishes coming your way for the hearing and also the surgery. Last one of the year- you can do it! :raised_hands: I hope you have a wonderful week as well :two_hearts:

You finally got the cut- hooray, @Amethyst! Oh it must feel amazing to have a new style and it sounds really cute! Good luck with your reading and writing and also for shopping tomorrow. Hopefully nothing heavy this week! :shopping: I’m looking forward to tea time together too :coffee::two_hearts: Have a great week to you as well!

Sounds like a great idea, maybe I should bolster up some motivation and get some clearing done today too, @crystal8! My apartment could definitely use a good clean :sweat_smile::broom:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m getting there! I’m not stuffy today. So that’s a plus. I’ll be having tea later today to keep the chill out. I did that yesterday too. I don’t have any appointments so I can take it easy today. Yesterday I was feeling better and took advantage of it too much. I definitely over did it then. I was on the couch in the afternoon. Today I will be better, I’m going to try not to push to hard today.

3 Likes

I hope I have an easy time of shopping today, I think I will but you just never know/ The hair cut feels great, my head is much lighter! What are you up to this week>

2 Likes

Glad to hear the stuffies are gone and you’re feeling better, @Susurrus! :grin: I know it can be tempting to do a lot when you feel good, but recovery after a cold takes time! Rest, relax, and feel much better soon :two_hearts:

How did the shopping go, @Amethyst? Hope it went smoothly and you got everything you needed! :shopping:

Things are pretty low-key here this week! Poland is moving back into lockdown-mode and my classes are now 100% online :open_book: I’m planning to experiment with some new tea potions this week, and am hoping to finally getting around to making some form of fire cider :fire: Chasing any winter sicknesses away! :laughing:

2 Likes

I definitely feel 100% better than over the weekend. Yesterday I had such a weird day and felt like I had gone backwards. I was run down and having such an off day. It was such a weird day and there were so many emotions that I went through. As an empath, it was a very draining day. So I went to bed early and when I woke up I started journaling. I had to get the energy out because of the things I have going on today.

I will pop back in later. I have to get ready for my test, but I will be home most of the day.

3 Likes

I got most of what I needed, the rest can come from Amazon. LOL. Got home with just two bags to carry so that was good! You’re back in lockdown? That sucks. At least you’ll have some time to make that cider! Good luck with your online classes. Those can be frustrating.

Hope today goes better for you, and that your test comes out clean. Tomorrow is the surgery, right? Will you have to stay in hospital overnight or what? I’m sending good thoughts your way love! :hugs:

2 Likes

@Amethyst thank you so much. I did the test this morning & my arrival time is 11 AM for surgery at 12:30 PM. The surgery itself is an hour-long then the rest is recovery & ambulatory care. Once I’m awake & they go over my paperwork, I can go home. So I should be home by late afternoon tomorrow. I don’t think I will be up to it, but if I have tea later in the evening I will pop on for the Group Tea.

2 Likes

I’m just glad you’ll be back home tomorrow night love. Staying overnight in the hospital is a pain. Sending you good wishes and a lot of love! :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks, Kasie! And haha you’re not kidding- the first lesson was quite the show of technological difficulties and students not understanding how their cameras work. Good news is- it can only get better from here :laughing: :+1:

Glad to hear your shopping went well! Thank goodness for online deliveries for those heavy items :shopping:

Today is the day! Big hugs and good wishes to you, Krissie. I’m glad it should be a quick procedure and you can get home to rest and recovery. Feel free to join in for tea if you feel up for it- you are in my thoughts! Good luck today :pray::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you! I woke up early & now I’m patiently waiting to go without food or drink until after the surgery. It’s going to be a long morning for me.

I will try in the evening otherwise I will pop on tomorrow.

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.