Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (Nov 6 - 12) 🌘

That’s my thoughts, too! :heart:

8 Likes

Ugh, this moving thing has become annoying again. The developers took so long to get ready that I have to redo my application for a loan. It should be fine as I have all the boxes ticked, but it’s going to be stuck on my mind now until it resolves.

Plus, I have a deadline fast approaching at work, I joined a work meeting about another team and (accidentally) took on all their anxiety from management failing to reassure them over recent resignations and layoffs, and my partner’s going through another really bad phase with IBS.

:face_exhaling:

Sorry, vent over.

I need to be like Tracy, find some dirt, stick my feet into it, and turn into a tree. But since I cannot, I’ll settle for tea and hugging a cat.

10 Likes

I will join you with hugging cats and drinking tea. Moving here is a pain in the butt, too :face_exhaling: – sidenote, I almost typed “hugging trees” instead of “hugging cats”… so that’s where my brain is lol

10 Likes

:people_hugging: :black_heart:

That’s a good idea, too! I’d join you in that, too, if only spiders weren’t reemerging for spring/summer here. :smile:

Fun-ish fact? Is this a fact? I don’t know. Anyway… In summer, I tend to walk in the middle of the road at night, because spiders, such as huge golden orb weavers, are really quick at setting up webs around the trees along the footpath/sidewalk. But even then, you might catch one doing a single web line sling across the road. :face_exhaling:

And to be fair, I did fill everyone’s brains with terrible tree puns recently. :joy:

Also, I drew the Four of Cups this morning, so if I needed any more reason to think I’m worrying over nothing, that’s it. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

You do so much for the Coven, Marsha- this is but a small token of thanks for all of the warmth and wonder that you share! Thank you again for being so welcoming and helpful with all that you do everyday :hugs: :heart:

Hugs for you, my friend- sounds like it’s been rough. Sign me up for cat hugging and tea drinking time (and potentially tree hugging time too, minus any spidey friends :spider: :scream: :laughing: ) with you and Megan. Sometimes you just gotta squeeze out the stress with cuddles :people_hugging: :heart:

Anytime I walk into a spider web, I get the same feeling that I imagine a cat feels when it loses one of its nine lives :sweat_smile: . It’s usually just me not paying attention around the garden, though- I cannot fathom spider webs that span the entire road, I would probably disintegrate on the spot if I walked into one of those :joy:

10 Likes

It’s becoming quite the cat picnic! :people_hugging: :black_heart:

I’m not sure if it makes it better that it’s usually the smaller ones. :sweat_smile:

They’ll anchor themselves on something with a web and then jump, kind of like a bungee cord. But because they’re so small and light, they can kind of float on the wind across an entire road.

So it’s a single line, thus reducing your likelihood of walking into one. But when my partner and I went for a walk every night, I’d walk through such a line at least once a week. Spluttering and wiping my face 1,000 times every time. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I 100% get the bug thing :joy: Florida is like the United States’s Australia, if that makes sense lol all of the bugs here can hurt you, the fire ants in the grass/yard/dirt/etc. are dangerous, and walking anywhere in near anything tall or with trees means you’re liable to get smacked with a web! :spider_web:

We get the orb weavers here, too, but they’re small. They’re called Spiny-Backed Orb Weavers and they look like little crab spiders! They’re cute for a spider :joy: but not one that I would want to have on me at all.

I’m glad you pulled the Four of Cups for yourself :joy: definitely a good sign!

10 Likes

That makes sense! Florida is like our Queensland in a few ways. While New South Wales is a bit more like California, but without the carnivores. I haven’t really thought about the other states. Maybe Victoria is a bit like Washington state? :thinking:

Those orb weavers are much cuter than ours! One time, I almost walked face-first into one like this which was the size of my face. Would not have been pleasant. I’m glad my eyes focused as the last second, and it didn’t get spooked by me being so close. :cold_sweat:

10 Likes

haha I’m glad it makes sense! :joy: Florida is where all the weird shit happens lol so much so that it’s a running joke of “Florida man…” because of news articles! “Florida man does blah blah blah”. So, now every weird thing is Welp, there goes Florida Man! It’s almost like Florida Man is an egregore for the state now lol

Uhh yeah… that’s a whole lot of ‘nope’ there on that web! No thank you! :joy: I’m glad you didn’t walk through it!

10 Likes

Queensland is full of the weird, too.

I did a fun thing with this with my friends and coworkers a while ago. I told them all to Google “Florida man” and their day and month of birth to see which kind of Florida man resonates with them. So, for example, mine would be “Florida man May 20.” :joy: Try it.

10 Likes

Oh my Gods, that’s hilarious! :joy: I’m gonna have to go do that with my friends now lol

10 Likes

It’s like Florida Man Horoscopes- that’s hilarious :joy: :+1:

Now I’m just waiting for the Florida Man Oracle - there’d be so much symbolism in each card, it’s just a matter of trying to find the meaning in each wacky event :laughing:

9 Likes

I would love to see those three I shared of mine on cards. :joy:

Florida Man With Gun Shoots At Florida Man With A Banana
The card shows two characters: one is the ‘Florida Man with a Gun’, and the other is the ‘Florida Man with a Banana’. This represents how sometimes we might react too strongly to things that are actually harmless. It’s like seeing danger or conflict where there really isn’t any. The guy with the banana? He’s all about having fun and being a bit silly. He’s a reminder that life isn’t always serious business.

The whole scene is set in sunny Florida, with palm trees, alligators chilling in sunglasses, and a vibe that screams relaxation and humour. This background is a nudge for us to lighten up and enjoy the playful side of life. The card is basically saying, “Hey, sometimes you might feel like you’re the person with the gun, ready to take on any threat. But maybe what you’re facing is just a guy with a banana, a chance to laugh and have some fun.”

So, the message here is pretty clear: don’t be too quick to see everything as a problem or a threat. Sometimes, it’s okay to put down your defences and just enjoy the moment. Life’s got plenty of bananas – moments of joy and silliness – and it’s okay to embrace them without always being on guard.

8 Likes

Florida Man Attacks Daughter With Pizza
Imagine this: you’re navigating the unpredictable landscape of life, much like a day in Florida, where the extraordinary is ordinary. Along comes a challenge, and conventional wisdom seems as effective as a screen door on a submarine. Enter the Florida Man with his pizza - an absurd solution, but is it really?

This card symbolises the need to break free from traditional problem-solving methods. It’s a call to action to think creatively, to approach your dilemmas with a fresh perspective, even if it seems as ridiculous as solving a disagreement with a pizza toss. The pizza represents the diverse, sometimes messy aspects of life, and using it as a tool for conflict resolution is a metaphor for thinking outside the box.

When this card appears, it’s an invitation to inject creativity into your problem-solving strategies. It’s a reminder that sometimes, the most unorthodox methods can yield the best results. So, next time you’re faced with a head-scratcher, channel your inner Florida Man and ask yourself: “What’s my pizza in this situation?” Remember, in life, it’s often the unconventional paths that lead to the most memorable solutions.

Florida Man Wearing A Pink Bra
This card is a reminder of the importance of self-expression and embracing your true colours, even if it’s as “unconventional” as a man in a pink bra. The image of a Florida Man, boldly donning a pink bra, is a powerful symbol of unapologetic self-expression. In a world often constrained by norms and expectations, this card cheerily dares you to break free and be unabashedly yourself. This card is a nudge to ask yourself: “Am I wearing my metaphorical pink bra?” It’s about flaunting your uniqueness, quirks and all, with the confidence of a Florida Man who cares not for the judgment of others. This card encourages you to wear your individuality like a badge of honour, whether it’s through your fashion, your hobbies, or your life choices.

Moreover, the card is a beacon of acceptance. It’s not just about expressing yourself but also about embracing others in their full, vibrant spectrum of being. It reminds us that the world is a richer place when we celebrate diversity in all its forms.

This card is your guide to living a life unbound by convention. It’s a call to let your true self shine, as brilliantly and unexpectedly as the “Florida Man Wearing A Pink Bra” in the Florida sun. So go ahead, embrace your inner Florida Man, and remember that life is too short to wear boring bras – metaphorically speaking, of course!

Oh no, we’re actually making it happen, @BryWisteria! :joy:

And I have to do my partner’s when I eventually wake up. :joy:

9 Likes

I couldn’t find a Florida Man Oracle (which shocks me, to be honest lol) but I did find this piece of art that an artist created of a Florida Man tarot card journal :joy:

→ The Florida Man Tarot Card Hardcover Journal by GammaGirl-X || RedBubble

I think that counts at least a little bit lol

8 Likes

How did you balance hilarious with deep messages so perfectly!?!? :joy: Goodness, these are amazing- I think you could actually make a legit Florida Man Oracle that isn’t just funny but is genuinely loaded with messages and helpful interpretations. I am so impressed :clap: :laughing: :heart:

Ha! :rofl:

It’s card 0 - I guess Florifa Man Wrangling a Gator is the Florida Man Deck equivalent of The Fool? :thinking: :laughing: :crocodile:

5 Likes

I might have to thank the spirits for this, because ideas just visually appear in my head like that. :sweat_smile:

Oh! Hmm… The Fool is usually about new beginnings. But here, I’m seeing misplaced priorities. The whole place is on fire and the Florida Man is focused on getting his hat back from a gator. To me, that looks likes it’s telling someone that they’re focused too much on the unimportant small details and missing the more important bigger picture. :thinking:

5 Likes

Whatever spirits or muses you are blessed with, they have amazing ideas :joy: But that being said- own up to your own creative talents too! You have a wonderful mind full of exciting (and sometimes delightfully wild!) ideas :wink: :heart:

Perhaps there are no beginnings or ends in the world of the Florida Man - only chaos :fire: :crocodile: :cowboy_hat_face: :joy: (Ignore me- I like your interpretation better! :laughing: )

And excuse me, because it’s time to close this MMM down- but the new one will be up shortly (just as soon as I finish typing it up!). Florida Man Oracle discussions are absolutely welcome to continue in the new post :grin:

Blessed be and hope the new week is off to a great start for everyone!

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday news post :newspaper: (If you’d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)