Mini door besoms

So I got a pack of 12 mini brooms :broom: from Amazon. They are so cute. I got these a couple months ago and gave one to my daughter and set another on my altar / shrine.

This morning I took the others in groups of three and made little hangings to put by each door in our house that didn’t already have a besom or witch bells.

This was an intuitive craft that I have been imagining for a couple weeks!

I used red yarn :red_circle::yarn: for protection (a color used across many cultures for a very long time) and a red push pin :pushpin: to hang them. I simply tied each broom in triple knots across the length of the yarn with an inch or so between each broom, then looped and tied the yarn to make a hang tie. Then I took another length of yarn and tied a bow under the knot on the loop. That way there are also three strands of yarn hanging down from the loop!

Third times the charm, right? :wink:

11 Likes

I love this so, so much! You brought it together with the number three, the cleansing properties of the besom, and the protective properties and the color red. It looks great!

8 Likes

Thank you @MeganB ! I really did enjoy making these. I kept putting it off, but since today is Friday and I often relate it to not only love but the home and family… what better day to set something like that up? :heart:

8 Likes

Oh this is too cute and a really smart idea! :blush: I love the mini besoms. I just have one on my altar and unlike my large one i only use to sweep negative energy and not dust with, i actually use it to sweep the incense dust away went it occasionally spills out of the incense holder… :blush:

9 Likes

I think that’s totally right! Plus the New Moon begins tonight, I think, so it’s perfect timing!

8 Likes

Good point! Starting fresh :heart: :new_moon:

Thank you! I do too, lol! I have yet to use my other mini besom for energy clearing, I’m getting into the swing of ritual flow. But yes they’re great for actual cleaning of the altar, too! :smile:

9 Likes

What a great idea! That looks so cute! Good job!

8 Likes

I like this idea, and you can apply the multiples concept to many projects and the intuitive feeling will always be your best friend as a witch!
Blessed be! :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you @jan_TheGreenWitch and @Amethyst :heart:

Oh for sure! I do it a lot in my knitting and crochet! :yarn: Especially the number 3.

8 Likes

Most definitely~! :grin:

These look amazing, @Melora_Fae- I’m sure they will keep the house safe and help to sweep out any unwanted negative energy :broom: :sparkles:

Beautiful work, they really are adorable! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you so much @BryWisteria :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

It’s my pleasure, @Melora_Fae- I love seeing your beautiful crafts! :sparkles::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.