Missed the 1/6/24 Maiden Mother Crone Celebration Day?

Is there only one day, 1/6 to celebrate the Triple Goddess? I missed it! Can I just do it on the 15th (as in 1+5=6)? Can’t the Triple Goddess be celebrated year round?

Any insight into Triple Goddess Day practice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

8 Likes

Hi @shelly1,

Great questions! I’m going to heartily agree with this:

Absolutely! I would say that every day is an occasion to worship, honor, and work with your chosen deity(ies) :blush:

There are certain days on the calendar that acknowledge deities through a special festival, feast day, or other occasion, and while it’s nice that They get some extra recognition in the public eye, it’s not an exclusive occasion to worship Them. Many of the biggest holidays are actually celebrated over multiple days- for example, full moon magick can occur for 3 or so days around the full moon and Yule can span up to 12 days depending on the tradition!

Holidays can vary vastly depending on tradition and practice, and additionally, some of the holidays on the calendar have changed over time- it can be very difficult to translate dates in ancient calendars into the modern Gregorian calendar, so some traditional holidays still remembered (like many of the ancient Roman feasts) are dated as closely as historians can manage :calendar:

All this is to say that time and specific dates are only important if you want them to be- in the eyes of the divine, specific timing likely doesn’t matter anywhere near as much as the devotion in your practice.

Feel free to celebrate your deity any day you wish- or everyday, as your practice allows! :blush: :triple_moon_goddess:

Blessed be!

9 Likes

@BryWisteria beat me to the punch! And answered better than I will but yes, absolutely you can celebrate year-round, or whatever day you choose! A lot of the International X Day or World X Day are fairly randomly chosen IMHO. There are for sure specific days for dieties based on historic worship or mythology but even then you can celebrate and worship them any other day.

Think of it like a birthday, you can still love the person all year round and celebrate them even if there is just one day a year to honor them.

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

8 Likes