Moon spells: Do they work when you can't see the moon?

I’m quite new to all of this in this life at least but I was wondering if you use the moon for spells do you need to see the moon for them to work eg: if I was making moon water

8 Likes

Good morning, Susan, and welcome to the forum! :sparkles: :heart:

The answer to your question is going to depend on who you ask. Many witches have many different types of beliefs in how their magic works, what works, and what doesn’t. :laughing: It can be quite confusing sometimes!

But with that being said, I will give you my answer to help you figure out what you know to be true based on your experiences in the future. No, I don’t believe you have to see the moon for the spell to work – or in your case to make moon water. I have made moon water with a cloudy sky before. I have made moon water on the New Moon! :new_moon: And in both of those times, the water was just as potent as if I had made it any other time.

Like seriously, I made some New Moon water while the moon was in Pisces, added some to my morning coffee the next day, and proceeded to have some revelations and emotional breakdowns around feelings that I was bottling up…so…:sweat_smile:

In any case, the short answer is no. :blush:

5 Likes

Merry meet @susan9,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your question! :blush:

I agree with what Megan said and I take the same stance when it comes to crafting with the moon. I’ve lived in many places where bad weather is pretty much constant, and if I could only cast with the moon in sight, I’d never be able to do any moon magick at all! :sweat_smile:

I personally believe that the energy of the moon is in the air itself- whether or not your eyes can see the moon from where you’re standing, that doesn’t change the fact that the moon is up there in the sky. Feel free to make your moon water regardless of the weather! :full_moon_with_face: :jar:

If you haven’t already found it, I recommend taking a look at the Moon Magick guide- different phases of the moon will imbue your moon water with their unique magickal properties.

Moon-Magic-Phases-Spells-Rituals

With moon water and just about everything in the Craft, feel free to experiment and find what works best for you! With time and practice you will develop the techniques that you excel in :blush:

Good luck and blessed be, Susan! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you so much for responding to my question I will feel more confident when casting my next spell blessed be

4 Likes

@susan9

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: I’m so glad you have joined us.

It looks like you have already received great answers to your questions from @MeganB and @BryWisteria And I can’t think of anything to add! :rofl:

I’m looking forward to getting to know you better!

With Love :heart: & Magick :dizzy:

4 Likes

I agree with Megan. U dont have to see the moon to make moon water. The moon just has to be out. Which is all the time. It doesnt matter if it is cloudy or if u have to leave it on a window sil. The moon’s glorious power will still infuse with your water.

5 Likes

@susan9
Welcome to Spells8. Your question really is a good one.
If the sky hides the moon will moon spells work.
Yes, just because you can’t see the moon doesn’t mean that it ceases to be. It remains as always, pulling at the ocean and remaining a power in itself.
Blessings
Garnet

4 Likes

Thank you everyone who has answered my question about the moon and spells

5 Likes

Likewise I look forward to getting to everyone also

5 Likes

I agree with everyone else here. Whether the night sky is cloudy or clear, the Moon is still there and her power isn’t diminished.

6 Likes

You dont have to see the moon to feel its energy, right? I personally believe that the short answer is no because the moon is still there even if there are clouds. With the sun, you could still get sunburn with it being cloudy out. You’d be ok if you can’t see the moon. Still, everyone has there own opinion.

6 Likes

You’re very welcome, @susan9! Blessed be and happy casting :blush::sparkles::last_quarter_moon:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.