Moon Void of Course

Like Mercury Retrograde, Moon Void of Course is said to be detrimental to Spell Work. Moon Void of Course is when the Moon has departed one Zodiacal house but has not yet entered the next one. What are your thoughts on this?

4 Likes

I’ve always heard it was a time of rest and relaxation. I’ve never heard of it being likened to Mercury Retrograde. I hope not because it happens way too often for my liking if it does!

4 Likes

As I understand it, VOC is when the Moon has completed all major aspects before changing sign. Some astrologers will advice on not starting anything, or that new projects tend to get “lost”.

However, if you have a need which is strong, you should always work your magic regardless of the stars. A negative astrological outlook can make the spell need a little more effort, but it won’t completely neutralize it.

5 Likes

Moon void of course happens frequently but usually has a short duration.
I only plan my spellwork around it.

5 Likes

This is all new to me… I have never heard of it. I barely track on Full, Quarter and New moon… much less what House it is traveling through. Baby stepping here. BUT I am really fascinated by the question and the answers! Thanks for posting @john4

3 Likes

I’m with @Berta on this one- there are so many factors at force when planning spellwork! :laughing: We can choose to draw on moon phases :full_moon:, weather :sun_behind_small_cloud:, seasons :snowflake:, holidays :confetti_ball:, elements :fire:, directions :compass:, astrological events :milky_way:, our current tools :candle:, and so much more.

For spellwork less involved or unrelated to the zodiac, it’s perfectly okay to prioritize other aspects to draw on. I’ve found that for each spell, I much prefer to just focus on a few elements and influences rather than trying to align everything.

But for spells that relate to horoscopes and astronomy (i.e casting for someone based on zodiac sign) taking the VOC into consideration sounds like a great idea! :+1:

A really great discussion- thanks for bringing it up, @john4 :blush:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.