More crystals and other things for my collection

Following on from my thread about the delights of Glastonbury, we’re now in Polperro in Cornwall.

I was pleased to discover there are a couple of witchy shops here.

One markets more to tourists, but there is a shop called Mystical Moon and I had a good chance to chat with the owner who is clearly knowledgeable.

In the first shop I picked up my first backflow incense burner and some Dragon’s Blood and Palo Santo cones. Struggled to get it going but once I’d got the hang of it I was impressed by how pretty it was.

20210627_151341

In Mystical Moon there was a large selection of Crystals so I’ve stocked up some of the gaps in my tumble stones. The owner had a selection of cards to go with them which I’ll put in my Book of Shadows.

20210627_233432

The black marble dinosaur was a bit of a random purchase but he’s almost a dragon :dragon: :rofl:

13 Likes

The name Mystical Moon sounds really mystical and magical @IrisW I can imagine how beautiful that store looks with all those pretty crystal you purchased :hugs: and your flowback incense burner is so beautiful it was definitely worth it :heart:

7 Likes

Sounds as if you’re having a great time @IrisW! That incense burner is awesome. Have loads of fun for us!

6 Likes

We are! This holiday has been a long time coming, got postponed last year due to Covid so it’s great to get away.

6 Likes

Glad that you were finally able to go on the postponed trip, @IrisW- it sounds like it was a big success and an absolute blast! :star_struck: You found so many amazing treasures- look at those stones! :gem: I love when you buy a crystal and it comes with the handy little info sheet- they go so nicely into a BoS or on display :sparkles:

Thanks for sharing- enjoy your travels and have a safe trip home! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I love all of your great finds! I’ve always wanted an incense burner like yours but I can only burn things when my father is gone because he has emphysema.

4 Likes

Nice! I’m glad your visit to Glastonbury went well!! :smiley:

I want to get a backflow incense burner but I heard that it’s hard to find high quality backflow cones. What did you think about the aroma of the ones you have??

I also read that you can make them yourself from regular incense cones.

4 Likes

The Dragon’s Blood ones are very nice.

They were hard to get started though, I had to leave to burn for a lot longer than a standard incense cone before the smoke came out of the bottom rather than just from the top. But it was worth it.

5 Likes

Fyi the howlite is dyed. I’m not sure if you knew. I’m sorry if you didn’t!! Howlite is always white. They sell blue howlite as turquoise sometimes. I can help teach you to tell if it’s fake or not.
Just take a hot pin and if it goes in or melts, it’s fake. Real turquoise doesn’t burn, just like any true crystal. Again in truly sorry if you didn’t know. Most crystals with blues that color are fake/dyed.

4 Likes

Thanks but I’m aware it’s been dyed :slightly_smiling_face: But I understand it still has a use and purpose in its dyed state, and it is a beautiful colour that really called to me.

I picked up a few more crystals/stones over the last couple of days.

Again, I know Goldstone isn’t technically a stone but rather glass, but it’s so glittery! And I’m a little like a magpie…

And I believe that Rainbow Amethyst has been processed by heating to infuse titanium and gold to the natural Amethyst? Though this is likely just dyed Amethyst or could be just a pretty piece of glass :rofl:

6 Likes

OOOH! Pretty sparkles! :star_struck: As long as you know what you’re getting, go for it, love! Enjoy!

4 Likes

Nice rocks! I like how you took a picture with each stone’s name for future reference. That’s a good idea.

Talking about infusing gold… I just saw the news that fool’s gold (pyrite) contains particles of gold after all. Did you see that?

5 Likes

That’s interesting. I’ll take a look, thanks @Francisco :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As long as it means something to you!! I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of it. The moon pendant tho :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s true. It’s hard to extract though because it’s on a mineral level. But it still has gold!!! :grin:

3 Likes

I got that from a shop near Lizard Point that polishes its own serpentine. I’m in stones and crystals heaven round here!

4 Likes

I have one shop near me but it’s not on my level. They’re phoney and it’s the people who sell the product that makes it worth it. So I buy from my good friends in, well they’re in New Mexico now. And they’re the nicest people you’d ever meet. And I only will buy from them!! Unless there’s a stone I really want and they don’t have. Lol

3 Likes

I know what you mean. One of the shops in Polperro is clearly geared for tourists, the other is run by a lady with knowledge of the craft and its makes a huge difference.

And when I’m buying online I try to source what I can on Etsy rather than via Amazon.

4 Likes

I picked up this Cornish Gonk today in Fowey from a shop called Heather Jane & Co, a Craft Makers Collective. I love him!

And these Rainbow Chakra earrings…

They have a website: Heather Jane & Co and deliver within the UK

6 Likes

The Cornish Gonk is cute- and look at those stunning chakra earrings! :heart_eyes: I love how the designer wrote the stone names on the back for easy reference. You’ve got some gorgeous new treasures, Iris- thanks for sharing! :sparkles:

5 Likes