Morning sickness šŸ¤¢ would love some advice

Also maybe watch out for getting too tired. It seemed when I got tired, thatā€™s when the throwing up was worst.

8 Likes

Ha, mine was capers. I ate a bagel with cream cheese, tomato and capers almost every day when I was pregnant, I mean, after the morning sickness subsided and food was good again.

10 Likes

With my oldest the only think that would stay down at first was peanut butter on a hard boiled egg

10 Likes

congratulations my love I send you and the baby light, hugs and peace!
323436188_1339095660254903_2247212644466208679_n

9 Likes

Hello my lovely coven ( @MeganB, @Phoenix_Rose , @Amethyst, @CelestiaMoon, @Nixi, @stephanieanne76, @BryWisteria, @AIRAM, @mary25, @Mistress_Of_Herbs, @Garnet, @AileyGrey, @Heav3n if I missed you I apologize) hope everyone has been doing well, enjoyed their summer and now enjoying Maborn :blush:! Itā€™s been a while, since Iā€™ve been on and can honestly say that Iā€™ve missed youā€™ll soo much. lol, this may sound silly but my life has been just a little less magical with out you guys in it :hugs:

Firstly, I wanted to drop in and give sooooo many thanks for all that youā€™ve done for me your love, support and kind words have meant a lot, and I deeply appreciate youā€™ll.

The first trimester was brutal, but your wonderful advice and positive vibes honestly pushed me through that extremely rough patch. I figured at this point I should definitely check back in and provide youā€™ll with an update. Iā€™m now in the third trimester and will be at 30 weeks tomorrow :grimacing:. The middle of the second to the start of the third trimester was probably my best time frame overall. Being able to eat, sleep and feel like a human again was wonderful lol.

Now being fully emerged in the third trimester I can fully admit that itā€™s nice to feel little kicks and the random rolls. For me it gives me the assurance that everything is going well. Buttttt lol I can do without the heartburn, back pain and and the random cramping - stomachaches. Overall Iā€™ll take it, and ā€œembraceā€ the ups with the downs. Without the unpleasant you canā€™t fully appreciate the good.

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to keep popping in, as I get closer to the finish line and during my maternity leave, Iā€™m due on the third of December but hoping that the baby hangs out till the 11th of December instead so I can use my PTO time prior to having to start my maternity leave.

On a separate level I honestly wish that our society (not the coven bc Iā€™m more that sure if we had it our way we would live in a much better environment) had a better maternity plan / bonding time set in place so that woman and men got more time to spend with their new babies, while still getting full pay and not having to pay into their benefits while their on leaveā€¦ I think society as a whole works too much and has lost that sense of love, compassion, and humanity. :sweat_smile: :joy: end rant.

With hunger and heartburn setting in Iā€™m off to find food, tums and some almond milk!

Love, light and many thanks to everyone who took the time to reach out.

Xoxo
Francessca

13 Likes

That would be lovely! :smile:

Imagine you got the first three years to spend with your child! How much of a difference that would make for your family and even society as a whole. In a good way, of course.

I totally agree. :heart: I hope we, as in humanity, move past it at some point. Itā€™s not as though we donā€™t have the collective resources, humans and otherwise, to allow each individual to work less.

We totally need that time back to connect with each other more.

Congratulations, by the way! I hope everything goes as well as possible. :pray:

10 Likes

Iā€™m so glad to hear that youā€™re doing well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When I was pregnant with my daughter, it was the most joyous thing to feel and see the movement of another life inside me. I didnā€™t have morning sickness - not really, just a bit of nausea - but I had issues with my blood pressure toward the end. Iā€™m almost certain I was pre-eclamptic based on my blood tests, urine tests, and blood pressure. However, my OB/GYN was horrible and just kept telling me that if I ā€œif I didnā€™t stop eating so much, I was going to keep gaining weight and need a c-sectionā€. Then, after I gave birth, I dropped 40lbs of water weight in almost a week :sweat_smile:

I just realized that might be scaryā€¦ I donā€™t mean to scare you! I meant to focus on the movements of baby, the feet rolling around, and the hiccups! Oh Gods, the hiccups were the funniest thing! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do amazingly well, and I look forward to hearing all about it and seeing you around more when you can! :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you so much, @starborn :hugs:, I truly appreciate it. Itā€™s my husband and Is first baby, so as I get closer to the end I honestly have no clue how to expect. Just hoping it goes smoothly, lmao the idea of explaining this baby is wild to me :joy:

From you mouth to the god/s - goddesses ear! I truly hope we eventually get to this point. What a wonderful world it would be. I feel like parents, grandparents and children could really benefit from this. Lol I wish there was a global petition to put this into action.

Yes!!! To this, I completely agree with you :smiling_face_with_tear:. Itā€™s thoughts like these that make me wish we had magical abilities on the epic level like Harry Potter lol, to wave our wands and make things happen. :rofl: ā€˜ā€™Poofā€™ā€™ more time with family, ā€œpoofā€ no more hunger and homelessness lol.

Hope you have a relaxing and wonderful Saturday evening :hugs:

9 Likes

Thank you soooo much @MeganB! Itā€™s nice to be able to hop on and interact a little bit again :grinning:

Iā€™m sorry you had such a scare with your pregnancy- got so much grief and unhelpful advise from them, truly glad that everything worked out in the end. The human body is crazy!

Hahah, your all good! At the end of the first trimester they had me start with the baby aspirin to make sure I wouldnā€™t develop preeclampsia, due to me being 36 and at risk of developing it. So far so good though, Iā€™ve been on target with my weight measurements, and my sugar levels are way below average so :crossed_fingers: that I continue on this path. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: the movement has been interesting, I havenā€™t been able to put my finger on the hiccups yet, but the way this mystery baby kicks leads me to believe they will be great at soccer or something to that sort, Lmao Iā€™m always startled when I get punted :joy:.

Look forward to being able to participate a little more than I have been, and I hope that you enjoy your evening :hugs:

9 Likes

Aww. :hugs: It definitely sounds like a confusing and wild time. I hope you can rely on your team (of doctors and such) to keep you informed of everything going on and what to expect. Thereā€™s almost nothing more mind-blowing that being able to create new life yourself. :sweat_smile:

Me too. Although there would be a lot of people against it. :cry:

We kind of could. I mean, we have the ability to achieve all those today. Most (office) jobs donā€™t actually do anything beneficial to society (mine sure doesnā€™t :smiling_face_with_tear:) so we could cut down on them if only we could still afford to live without the pay we get from 5 day weeks. We basically throw out enough food to feed the rest of the planet. And there are tons of empty and unutilised homes (including holiday homes, investment properties, etc.). We just donā€™t have the political will of those in power to make the change. Nor does everyone want such a world. :pensive:

You too. :heart:

Although itā€™s already 11:45 am on Sunday for me. And Iā€™m thinking about lunch. :joy:

8 Likes

@Francessca nice to read about your exciting journey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The heartburn at the end was stupid. When the baby dropped as we got ready for labour I was so relieved I could eat more than a couple of mouthfuls at a time. I felt like I ate all day for part of my third trimester but it was the only way to not get heartburn.

The discomfort of the third trimester is real- back pain etc. Thankfully those rolls, kicks and stretches make it so exciting and worth it. I also liked having a portable ā€œshelfā€. I found I started resting my hands/cups/plates on the top of my belly. Lol. However, I do think the discomfort is part of the system of child birth as by the time i was giving birth i was just done with the back pain, the kidney and bladder kicks that I was ready for my son to come out. Lol

You sound super healthy. That is awesome!

This may sound funny but I didnā€™t get a picture of me holding my baby in the hospital. In part because I FELT I looked like crap. I wish I had brought a bit of mascara so that I would FEEL picture ready. It may sound vain but I am not a photogenic person. I am pretty but me and pics donā€™t translate very well. So, the old 60s advice of bringing something for you for after birth where you feel good/pretty, had some value. I wish I had taken some heed. (my friend had leant me the book his mom was given when she was pregnant with him. It was from the 60s, short, to the point and and most of it super practical. Best book I had read on the process out side the dr/nurse team).

I agree, I wish we had more time to raise our kids. However, when they were each a year old I was also ready to go back to work for some brain stimulation time and adult time. Part time would have been ideal if the pay would have been topped up to full time at least until they were in school.

General advice about the birthing process that I covered up in case you donā€™t want to read any:

Summary

I had read a simple direct book written by an obgyn doctor and nurse. They had a sample birth plan. It was awesome to have a birth plan that said these are my wants/donts of the birthing process. For example I said ā€œno forcepsā€ in all caps at the top. That was my ultimate big no. Even if people say they donā€™t use them anymore I didnā€™t care I wanted that clear. I gave it to the nurse at the beginning and we went through it. Then, the most important part, is to go with what happens, they will never break nor let you break your ultimate noā€™s (eg forceps) but you may decide you do want an epidural even though you originally didnā€™t want one. All good.

For my second child I was more confident in the whole process in part because during my first birth the doctor thought they may have to do an emergency- c section and within seconds of him saying that this team swooped in and brought in what was necessary for that. It was super impressive the speed and efficiency with which they did that. I didnā€™t end up needing the emergency-c, but I knew in that my moment that they were super prepared for anything and that they had my back and my babyā€™s back and we would both be ok.

Lots of love to you and your little baby! :heart::heart:

10 Likes

Welcome home, @Francessca- itā€™s wonderful to hear from you! :hugs: :heart:

What a journey! It sounds like pregnancy has been quite the adventure, and the end is now in sight- wishing you all the best in your third trimester and with delivery. May you be holding your new sweetheart in your arms safe and sound before you know it! :baby: :two_hearts:

100% agreed. There is not nearly enough time and respect given for lifeā€™s most important moments at most work places (at least here in the US). This time really ought to be spent focusing on your child (and your own health and recovery after birth!) without any worries for anything else. Hopefully this changes in the future! :pray:

7 Likes

Much love and empathy to you for bearing with your heartburn, I soooooooo understand this, the heartburn has been nuts lmao, I take an antacid before bed due to having GERD, and I still wake up in the middle of the night to eat some tums. I give you and my friends credit for rolling with this portion of the pregnancy, haha I feel like a fire breathing dragon on some days. I hope that yours wasnā€™t too bad, and that you were eventually able to get some relief. Your eating all day is very relatable, recently I feel like I have been grazing non stop! :joy: itā€™s nice when I finally hit that full point. Just donā€™t make me laugh once Iā€™m full in fear or now loosing what I just ate. I know Iā€™ve said this before but the human body is sooo strange. I sometimes feel like some drunk person pieced us human together. To think that your stomach gets smooshed up near your diaphragm is crazy to me.

The rolls and kicks make it most definitely worth it, lol I donā€™t have a shelf yet (kinda jelly that you got to rest things on your belly) Iā€™ve just been knocking stuff over with mine like a bull in a China store :joy::joy:. Iā€™m literally all belly, from behind I look normal then I turn to the side and itā€™s like ā€œoh hey thatā€™s a pregnant ladyā€™ā€™ lol. I reached that point that putting on pants has been like an Olympic event and trying to pick things up from off the floor has become the new ā€œchallenge,ā€ Iā€™ve often thought to myself that they should really invent a game show called ā€œthe pregnancy gamesā€ and have the contestant go on a show to win baby stuff lol. I honestly hope that by the end of your pregnancy you werenā€™t too stressed out - uncomfortable. I can only image how the end will be for me especially with that odd feeling of feet or hands wiggling around in my bladder at the moment. Not going to lie thatā€™s been the strangest sensation, also seeing my belly move like the movie ā€œThe Frighteners.ā€

Soooooo many hearts and hugs to this!!! Iā€™ve been avoiding cameras like the plague, and have thought about when it was time to give birth and not wanting my picture taken afterwards. If this is something I would regret etc. Thank you soooooooo much for sharing this, your insight and advise (appreciate your entire post, but this truly hit home) is more than welcomed, and you donā€™t sound vain at all! After doing a full body work out and expelling a new life into this world who in the right mind would feel ready for their picture to be taken, I question the person who is like ā€œMr. DeMille, Iā€™m Ready for My Close-Up,ā€ Iā€™m most definitely going to take you heed on this and make sure that I bring some eyeliner and something that I want to be photographed in. Regardless of how I feel, I highly doubt that my mom and husbands mom will allow me to get away Scott free without taking a picture.

Lastly, chiefs kiss to your summary on the birthing process, your insight, stories and shared experiences on the birth of your little ones was more than appreciated and wonderful to read. Thank you sooooooo much for posting it, and for your love and support. I truly appreciate it.

I hope you have a wonderful night, and and excellent tomorrow :heart::heart::hugs:.

9 Likes

:hugs::hugs::hugs::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: itā€™s such a pleasure to hear from you as well, I hope youā€™ve been more than well. Thank you sooo much for your warm wishes and kind words. They mean a lot, and I wish I was more awake to write more lol. The sleepiness is setting in and I totally will be hitting the hay after I post this :joy:. I can most definitely admit it has been quite the journey, hard to believe that the time is slowly coming to a close, and Iā€™m looking forward to meeting this mystery little person. Iā€™m definitely excited to be kinda back, and to be able to reconnect with you and everyone else. Hoping to get back into the swing of things soon, but I know itā€™s going to be a slow and steady process.

Yes to all of this! You hit the nail on the head. Normally I would totally expand on this but I have little words that would be able to elaborate on your well thought out response, lol at this time of night it would all come out gobble gook.

Looking forward to corresponding with you soon, and I wish you a lovely evening and an even better tomorrow.

Lot of light and tuns of light :hugs::kissing_heart:
Francessca

10 Likes

So glad to hear from you @Francessca you popped into my thoughts the other day, Iā€™m glad to her your doing basically okay

10 Likes

Take all the time you need and be gentle with yourself- your body, mind, and emotions are all on quite the adventure right now! Know that you are always welcome here whenever you have the time and energy :heart: :hugs: Would love to hear updates about the arrival of your little sweetie (if you can- no pressure!).

Omg I love this- I might just have to borrow it and add it to my vocabulary :joy: :handshake: :two_hearts:

Wishing all the best to you too, Francessca- lots of love and many blessings to you! :hugs: :heart:

10 Likes

Aww, @Nixi :hugs: thank you for letting me know and I appreciate you checking in. LOL, overall I canā€™t complain. Some days are better then others, but Iā€™ll take the annoying with the good. I hope your doing well.

8 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right about that! :clap: It happened a while ago, more than 10 years now, so Iā€™m pretty well over it :sweat_smile: itā€™s still annoying to think about sometimes, though.

I look forward to seeing you around more whenever you can! Iā€™m glad to hear that your pregnancy is progressing like normal. May your birth experience be wonderful and smooth when the time comes!

8 Likes

@Francessca because I canā€™t help myself:
Sleep with a plushie so it will have your sent and can be placed near baby while theyā€™re getting used to the outside world.
Set up a little basket with diapers, wipes and a few gowns or whatever to have within arms reach. If you have a rough time the first few days it will be a God send, if youā€™re like my sister and up and running right off it will be a nice luxury.
Stash a case of water under the bed. Youā€™ll need so much water that I find it easy to justify the plastic bottles, put them in a box and make something out of them later if it makes you feel better.
Put a book to read to the little sugar pop near you. Babies donā€™t care what you say to them but you might find your brain too fuzzy to string words together yourself and the book acts like a sort of script.
Lip balm or lotion pots of coconut oil in your go bag. As well as a wash or shampoo that is already a familiar smell and a little thing of powder if you think youā€™ll have any saggy chaffing.
Assuming here, a few drops of breast milk will treat everything from diaper rash to cuts and bug bites.
These are the best things ever. I bring a bag with me

https://www.premierob-gyn.com/blog/postpartum-padsicles#:~:text=Pour%20about%202-4%20tablespoons,up%20the%20pad%20and%20freeze.

Hopefully you have plenty of better options than me but feel free to DM me for reassurance or anything. I have birthed 7 babies and have helped family and friends from positive tests through weaning so many times that my oldest calls me the family doula.
Iā€™m so excited for you. Enjoy every second lovely :sparkles: :partying_face:

10 Likes

Darling! Iā€™m so excited for you!! Thanks for checking in! Third trimester is so bizarre, your body is not your ownā€¦ try and rest whenever you can and put your feet up! Iā€™m excited to ā€œmeetā€ your sweet little one soon! Itā€™ll be here before you know it! Ohā€¦ and take pictures of your pregnant selfā€¦ youā€™ll want them later!!!

9 Likes