‘Motherland: Fort Salem’ Is Not Your Typical Witch Story

Remember watching movies like “Hocus Pocus” or “Halloweentown” or TV shows like “Sabrina”? Yes, they are all about witches; yet, while they are all incredible, they kind of fed into the stereotype of what people expect a witch to be. One new show, “Motherland: Fort Salem,” on the other hand, does no such thing.

In fact, these women are portrayed as strong warriors, and they don’t have big noses and pointy hats either. “Motherland: Fort Salem” can be found on Hulu or the Freeform website.

The Trailer:

Via StudyBreaks.com

I haven’t watched it but stumbled upon the trailer and it looks quite refreshing!

12 Likes

Well now another thing I had better go check out…

7 Likes

Okay, I’m going through old posts apparently and I came across this one :sweat_smile: I’m only reviving it because I just finished the entire series the other day and wanted to see if anyone else finished it, too?

It’s officially over and they aren’t making anymore seasons.

5 Likes

OMG this is great finally someone makes something that actually sees us ‘real’ witches as the good guys. I am going to note this one and add it to my watch list thanks :blush:

6 Likes

I really enjoyed it! It is definitely very, very different than your typical witchcraft show.

4 Likes

My husband and I watched it. We enjoyed it!
:heart:

3 Likes

I watched it with my mom :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m not sure how I feel about the ending, though!

2 Likes

I am hooked on this show! :eye: :lips: :eye:

5 Likes

Ohh where are you in the seasons?! :mage:

2 Likes

Looks BadAxx @Francisco , I just added it to my Hulu playlist and plan on tucking in and starting it TONIGHT! Thank you!!! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Starting it tonight @MeganB !!!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to hear if you like it or not! It’s definitely interesting!

4 Likes

Ok, @MeganB I watched the first episode the other nightand it was a little confusing but once I got into the episode a lot of the questions and new mysteries were presenting, so I’m hooked and will watch more! I think it’s interesting how we would all find something like this very compelling to watch, and others didn’t since it was not renewed after 3 seasons, but I’ll take it!

I’ll let you know if my opinion dithers or if it gets even better as I go but for now, i recommend it! Thanks @Francisco

3 Likes

See, I’m not sure if it was cancelled or if the story just ended :thinking: Looking at the ratings and views, it was probably cancelled because viewership dropped for the second season but they probably didn’t want to just leave it where it was.

3 Likes