My Daughter Needs a Matchmaker....or something

I am sad. I have a lovely daughter who is creeping up on her 37 th birthday and has never been married. Would like to be and would love to have at least one child (at this point she is a high risk mom). She has been in a few longer term relationships but when she hopes for more the guy has walked away. I don’t know how to guide her cause I was evidently TERRIBLE in relationship. She is smart, independent and capable and I think she scares guys away. I tell her to try to just live her life and if love comes sometime that’s just icing…but now she feels her biological clock ticking and that children may not be a choice for much longer. She is trying not to be depressed but it is wearing on her. Thoughts…anyone?..anyone?

6 Likes

My husband never had kids however he was such a blessing in my boy’s life. I know her biological clock is ticking but that does not mean that there aren’t other alternatives. I was adopted and my 8 brothers and sisters we’re too. If it weren’t for those wonderful people who took us inn I don’t know where I would be. My husband Matthew has been there for my kids since they were 8-10 . I’m just saying there’s so many broken families and kids who need a home :house_with_garden: it’s never to late to start a family! It’s really about compromise with what can work. There’s always hope for happy endings!
I will keep you at heart :heart: and I hope :crossed_fingers: she finds someone!!! Just keep waiting and be patient you never know it just might be around the corner too!

Wait and strength will rise as we wait upon the Gods and Goddesses to give you the wisdom we desire! Keep doing your meditation, devotions, prayers, art, and keep your head up! Take care my friend Berta, you seem like a concerned mom and very dedicated! I can appreciate that! You can go to your spirit guides like the Lord and lady of many faces! I just wanted to remind you of your divine source! :heart::hibiscus::heart::kiss::peace_symbol: The power is always within you! Just be there for her just as your doing! Listening and helping her with a laugh or two!! Guiding her as well with encouraging thoughts, positive energy would work! The power of word is powerful!!! Any blessings can change a persons course, in there life! Ensure her of her prosperity and tell her she can Manifest anything she wants !!
Warm thoughts🤗
Blessed be
Jeannie

7 Likes

Oh @Jeannie1 that is such a positive and hopeful note. Thank you. It is so hard to sit on the sidelines and let life play out. I think we always want the best for our kids and we hurt to see them struggle. If I thought I could have a granddaughter like you I would tell her to adopt tomorrow–even without a husband!!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks Berta,
Thanks to this place we have each other! Your daughter is so Lucky she has a great person by her side!
I am great full that I am adoptable lol

I want the best for my son but he makes it really difficult :frowning:!! He had a girlfriend and she dumped him! I think it’s good your daughter is shielding herself away from being hurt! Till she finds the right one!

I hate seeing my son suffer for his huge mistakes like you said!! That’s why I am reaching out to the Gods and Goddesses for assistance! They know what we need!!
Jeannie
Blessed be

6 Likes

They know what we need!!

Yes indeed! Sometimes better than we know ourselves.

4 Likes

The first thing I want to say is that your daughter sounds amazing, @Berta! She sounds like a very smart and independent lady who knows what’s best for her and isn’t willing to settle for anything less than what she deserves. She’s strong! :heart:

I absolutely agree with @Jeannie1- adoption is a beautiful thing and there are so many wonderful kids out there who need a loving and caring home :house_with_garden: . Adoption can be done at any age and in fact, your daughter’s life wisdom and wealth of experiences will be beneficial and stable for a child. I have always loved the idea of adoption and my partner and I have agreed that we both want to take in a child without a home some day- although that day is probably still a few years off (not ready for kids right now!) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Since your daughter is set on having a child, there is also the possibility of connecting with a sperm donor or sperm bank and becoming a single mother :pregnant_woman: . There’s actually an article in Elle- Why I Became A Single Mum Using a Sperm Donor Aged 37. Funny that the ages align- maybe your daughter would like to give this a read!

Having kids is a big decision but it sounds like something that has been on her mind for a long time. At this point, I think it is time for her to dig into research on the best way forward and put a plan into action. And who knows, as she goes about reaching her dreams- a wonderful match may just come her way :two_hearts: Sometimes love comes when we stop trying to hunt it down and when we least expect it :blush:

Sending good thoughts and many wishes to your daughter- keep us updated, Berta! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you for this lovely encouragement… I will definitely pass that article along @BryWisteria.

4 Likes

That was beautifully said, @Jeannie1 :slight_smile::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

I AGREE . Thank you @Jeannie1

3 Likes

Berta,
Your certainly welcome!
We’re pals & don’t you forget it!!

I have a big smile on my face ! :blush:
Thank you!
Jeannie

1 Like

Thanks to all of you who indulged me in this conversation. I know it was TOTALLY off topic and had nothing to do with Magic or Pagan worship. It was a selfish indulgence to reach out but you all brought me great comfort and put my heart at ease.

@BryWisteria - I talked to Emily and she was aware of the article and actually has the woman’s book. YEA for great minds thinking alike. You speak Emily!

@christina4 Thank you for the supportive nod to Jeannie1… I totally agree.

@Jeannie1 I am so grateful for your words. You open my heart to possibilities and hope is powerful medicine.

Love you all.

4 Likes

No worries at all, @Berta! The forums are a place for like-minded people to reach out, connect, and support one another- this topic is absolutely welcome in the online coven community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s awesome to hear- Emily has really been doing her research and putting a lot of thought into her decision! I hope she keeps in mind that she is not trapped in by her age- Emily has many exciting possibilities and paths ahead to choose from! Wishing her all the best as she moves forward in life :sun_with_face:

Sending lots of love and light to her and to her loving mother as well! Blessed be :sparkles:

1 Like

OK…now I have tears in my eyes…@BryWisteria.
Emily is a researcher… she has always been good about fact finding. Thank you for being the safe zone to open up and spread the anxiety out a little.

I leave you with one of the poems I have collected that I wish I had written…

For what it’s worth…

it’s never too late,
or in my case too early.
to be whoever you want to be.
There’s no time limit.
Start whenever you want.
You can change or stay the same.
There are no rules to this thing.
We can make the best of it.
I hope you see things
that startle you.
I hope you feel things
you never felt before.
I hope you meet people who
have a different point of view.
I hope you live a life
you’re proud of,
and if you’re not.
I hope you have the courage
to start all over again.

• Olivia Rose
3 Likes

MY EMILY

My girl is brave
She faces her fears
through her tears
forging forward all the same

My girl is loyal
Fierce and true
She will stand by you
Unless her trust you spoil.

My girl is generous and kind
Scattering her gifts like seeds
Understanding other’s needs
A bigger heart is hard to find

My girl is just
Her eyes will flash when truth is lost
She fights when lines are crossed
Justice is a must

My girl is smart
She sees what others pass right by
She questions every ‘why’
And if you’re lucky she studies you
and pins you through the heart

-Berta Morgan - for my daughter

3 Likes

Oh @Berta- the first poem by Olivia is lovely, but the second piece… oh goodness, now I have tears in my eyes too! :heart: I can feel your love and thoughtfulness for your daughter in each and every word. Emily is a very blessed girl to have a mother like you! :two_hearts::blush:

Big hugs to both of you- keep us updated on Emily’s exciting path forward! Wherever she goes and whatever she does- I am cheering for her :raised_hands::grin:

1 Like