My first broom 🧹

not including the cleaning kinds, lol!

I know this might sound corny (is that broom humor? lol), but have any of you watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks? I always loved when she received her first broom by mail. She hugged it like it was her best friend.

I recently have been embracing being a bit more out in the open with my witchiness. I was on the lookout for a broom. I was going to get a small one but longed for a larger one. Then I saw these cinnamon brooms at a local craft store (Joann’s) and fell in love. Sure it’s pre-made and commercial and I’m sure the cinnamon scent is synthetic. But this broom called out to me, and it is now propped in my kitchen space as a friend to greet in the morning when my husband leaves for work, and when I cook in the evening. (And yes that’s my old ‘kitchen cauldron’, or crock pot, sitting next to it.)

So happy with my broom!

18 Likes

I love it :slight_smile: It is so different. I bet it smells great!

8 Likes

Thank you! It does so far. And I do plan on using it for rituals. Very excited. :heart:

8 Likes

@Melora_Fae i actually have 2 of those. They smell incredible. Unfortunately the smell does dissipate, but i have found that adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil does the trick. I have one at each of my doors to stop uninvited guests.

I also have to other besoms. Super happy for u

8 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs oh that’s awesome! I should have grabbed another for our front door. I really love these. I definitely want to get a cinnamon scent to refresh it! I think I’m addicted to besoms now. I never thought I would be. :broom:

8 Likes

Nice find very beautiful hope it serves you well. I have a hand made one but I would love to find one like that! :relaxed:

8 Likes

That is so neat that you have a handmade one, @TheMuslimWitch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thanks. I mean it was messy and i won’t lie the glue gum wasn’t my favourite part as all the individual branch pieces kept falling out, but i am content with it atm… :blush:

8 Likes

This is so sweet :broom: :blush::sparkles:

May your new broom and friend sweep extra cheer and happiness to your space! Enjoy, @Melora_Fae! :heart:

6 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch that adds so much charm! I hope to make one someday :heart:

6 Likes

I love this, thank you @BryWisteria :hugs:

5 Likes

That’s a wonderful broom! I want a besom but I am not a crafty person. And the only cinnamon brooms they sell around here are too short.

6 Likes

@Amethyst I do a lot of our rituals on the glass stove top… I can see where a mini / smaller besom would be ideal!

5 Likes

Oh my gods, I haven’t heard of that movie in so, so long! Yes, I watched it as a kid with my Grandma! I don’t remember much about it but I do remember loving it!

I’ve got a cinnamon broom, too :broom: it’s sitting here close to me because I just looovveee the way it smells. They don’t tend to last very long, in my experience, but I think I’ll burn it on Winter Solstice with some intentions tucked away inside. The cinnamon is sure to provide an extra boost to any magic I do that night!

6 Likes

Oh wow that’s a neat idea @MeganB !

My mother used to love Bedknobs and Broomsticks when I was little, so we watched it often. I loved how she got her magical lessons by mail, that was always so much fun to me. I remember wishing for that as a kid. And of course being able to fly! I also loved her black cat, Cosmic Creepers, and her pantry of spell ingredients.

:heart: :broom:

5 Likes

It’s been so long since I’ve seen it that I honestly don’t remember much of it. I need to see if I can find the movie on some sort of streaming service :thinking: I’m sure my daughter would love it too if she could get past the fact it’s an older movie :laughing:

5 Likes

@MeganB it’s on Disney+ if you have that!

5 Likes

Ohh yes I do!! I’ll look it up later and see if she wants to watch it. Thank you!

5 Likes

@MeganB you’re welcome :heart: I hope she enjoys it!

5 Likes

This is so cool! I just took a boom making class over the weekend and am feeling the besom power :broom:

8 Likes