My New Years realization and chasing it still

A little more about me and something I haven’t wanted to share with many people until finding you all. This is a story that happened back in 2018 but hit home on this past new years eve.

My mother passed back in 2007 and one of my most precious items are her tarot cards. Years passed before I could allow myself to touch them or even felt like I could try. I kept buying other sets in order to learn but struggled with the connection to them. I tried to only use them for my most special readings or when I just wished I could speak with her.
Flash forward to 2018 and I had finally decided it was so much better to use them than to leave them boxed up. I was having a hard time and was missing her advice so desperately. I had done a three card reading and the future card I pulled was the world. It was such a relief and so needed, I carried it around in my pocket, hoping to keep manifesting by keeping it close.
The second morning I went to put on my jacket, put my hand in the pocket and realized it wasn’t there. I had been out the night before and knew with a sickening stomach drop it had fallen out sometime during the night. It was pouring rain all night and I had walked so far… I was ready to call out of work to search as long as I could but was there even any hope?? I felt incredibly stupid for touching her cards and I couldn’t believe I lost one. I flew out of the house, into the still pouring rain and it was so early it was still dark out.
Against all odds, I found it within blocks of my apartment, just by the light rail entrance (must have been when I was getting my pass out) still on the sidewalk, a little dirtier but not even noticeably damaged/ripped or scuffed, despite being a heavy foot traffic area and the fact it must have been out all night. I sobbed upon finding it, I’ve never felt anything like that move through me quite like that relief. I ran home to clean it gently, cleansed it as best I could and put it inside a box of “magick” also belonging to my mother. It’s a beautiful box of trinkets, stones and leaves. Pieces of string or glass she felt something in. I hoped it would help recharge the card and vowed never to use her cards again- that was my sign I thought. My one chance to fix it.

This New Years however was an especially tough year. But that night, I was actually having a wonderful celebration at home, with myself. I’d made a whole day of it and was experiencing what I can only think now was opening up to higher vibrations… if that’s the right words. I wanted to use the cards so badly and just like a lightning strike- it hit me. I had it all wrong.
What I was searching for then and again on New Years was magick. Wishing it was there in the world, in any capacity and for a sign. That was my wish and my ask in both moments and I had it all wrong. It was there, just like the card showed me. That the very worst thing could happen, had already happened, and it was alright in the end. I was alright. The cards were alright. And if that world card waiting for me out in the world, where I asked for any sign of magick wasn’t exactly that in a nutshell… I don’t know how I missed it. But I am beyond glad that I didn’t put those cards away never to think of it again and only see hurt and fear and anger. I’m so grateful I kept trying so I could see it for the gift the experience truly was.

Anyway, perhaps this is too long and rambly but I don’t have friends who practice- even I am just learning I need to seek that out my own self. I tried to explain it to a few people still riding the glow on new years day, but after my first post and the responses from you all, I wanted to share. I think finding witches in the woods last year was on my mind this year for a reason and what I thought would be a quick post and then I’d move on, turned into exactly where I needed to be. I need to keep following those impulses. I’d like to find what to search for next since I’ve found magick. I didn’t lose it and all I needed to do was open myself up to look.

12 Likes

This is beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. The Magick is right alongside us, sometimes it’s so close, we miss it. Love you :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

This is so touching @jessieArdor Yes, the magick has always been with you. Just open your mind and heart and let it flow in. Keep studying, learning, and practicing. You will grow with us, and we will grow with you.

So happy to have you as a new witchy sister! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:. Much love :purple_heart::purple_heart:

12 Likes

The magick has always been with you, @jessieArdor, and how exciting to be able to enjoy it now with open eyes and an open heart! May your beautiful magick within and around you continue to bring you hope and joy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A really lovely story - this was a pleasure to read! Thank you for sharing it :pray: :heart:

Blessed be!

12 Likes

Oh my goodness, no. It’s perfect. It’s your story beautiful and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing it with us. :heart: I’m so glad you found your way back to magick and your way here! :heart:

12 Likes

I’ve been tearfully moved already, many times in the past few days- in such a recharging way. I’m grateful I can already start to add to how much you and the others have been offering to me. Love you too :blue_heart:

10 Likes

hugs comment hard

I promise, thank you for taking me in and for saying so. I’ve been carrying comments and wisdom shared around with my these days. I can’t wait to grow with you too and feel the same sister!! :blue_heart: :people_hugging: :candle:

11 Likes

Seeing this pour out in such a reaffirming way- and not just kindness, but an earnest belief in the same… It means the world to me (heh)
Thank you for your words and for saying.

I wish there was a way for me to agree more but .me. .too.
Thank you for being here, for welcoming me and for taking the time. My green witch of the internet woods, grateful to have starting looking for one coven and found one of you already :people_hugging:

11 Likes

@jessieArdor my dear, magic is all around us… :hekate_wheel: :hekate_wheel: :hekate_wheel:
it asks us to open the eyes of the soul to see it
she often calls us but we have to look her way to hear what she wants to tell us
you are lucky your mother was a witch
know that her spirit is always next to you and she talks to you…
I’m glad you’re here with us…
you are a very beautiful soul…
you have a big hug from me :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

Awww you’re welcome - what’s a coven for, if not love and support? :hugs: :heart: Sending hugs and blessings!

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing this! :purple_heart::people_hugging:
I’m glad you felt comfortable to do so!
It’s such a lovely story and remember that magick is everywhere. We just have to open up! :heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::people_hugging:

9 Likes

I have revisited these words so many times over the past week.

I am so glad to find her all around, even now as someone who hears about her knows she was a witch too. I strongly believe she had incredible healing powers, among many. But hearing this from you, makes it so simply a fact that I hadn’t ever allowed myself to have. I was extremely lucky to have her and she would be over the moon to hear your words.

Your beautiful words mean so much to me. I’m hugging you with every ounce of yellow warm light I can conjure. Thank you from the bottom of my very full heart.

9 Likes