My Tarot Deck and a few questions

Wanted to share my Tarot deck I’ve had for a month now. I was in the shop a good 30 minutes wandering around the various crystals, dried herbs, books and everything and kept coming back to the tarot card case and this particular deck. I’m not sure why but I went from looking at their Poe Tarot deck online ( big fan of Poe, me) to going to the brick and mortar shop and being strongly drawn to this deck.

According to the booklet, this is a deck for shadow work. I had no idea when I purchased it.

Not too long before I decided that I wanted get a tarot deck, I was doing some research here and I discovered shadow work and felt that was something I’d like to explore more. When I found out this was a shadow work deck I was elated! Then I began to wonder if that was the reason I kept coming back to this particular deck even though I wasn’t aware of it being designed for shadow work? I’m comfortable with this deck which is something I think I could only say here and be completely understood.

My questions are this: Can a tarot deck be that in your face? That specifically connected to you from the get go? I’m actively studying and reading on the matter for a few weeks but haven’t found anything specific on deck connections or things like that.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

M.~

9 Likes

Well, some things just feel right. Like your favorite pair or jeans, or your car, etc. So it follows that a Tarot deck could as well, I suppose. I found a YouTube unboxing of this deck in case the group is curious! The Macabre Tarot | Unboxing and Flip Through - YouTube

7 Likes

AH @mary25 you’re the best! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
All this YouTube I watch on so many things including tarot and I didn’t even think to look the deck up! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thank you so much! I’ll watch it now! :blush:

8 Likes

The coffin creaking wore out in charm after a handful of openings. :rofl: The battery is safely tucked away under the packaging now.

8 Likes

@Mia.1 I think it’s a great sign that you’re vibing so well your deck. Sometimes it can take a while but finally feeling connected to a tool of your craft is essential and powerful!

PS: Awesome art!!

9 Likes

Absolutely. What we need, need us. I’ve always believed in this. Also your intuition was not letting you leave without that beautiful deck!

Thanks for sharing this because i love hearing about synchronicities like this.

8 Likes

Congrats on your new deck, @Mia.1- it sounds like you found one that feels like home to you. That’s always an amazing feeling to “click” with your tarot- I think you are going to get some very heartfelt and resonating readings with such a deck! :blush:

Shadow work can be difficult, but it does lead to some wonderful and freeing results. I wish you all the best with it- just a loving reminder to please make some time post-shadow work to focus on your self-care! :heart:

Enjoy your new tarot cards and your shadow work- much love and blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Short answer? Yes, yes they can. As @christina4 said, sometimes our intuition is so spot on that we don’t realize it until way later.

I’m glad you found a deck that works well for what you need! And as @BryWisteria said, please remember to take some time after shadow work to care for yourself and lean on your support system :heart: shadow work can be difficult emotionally sometimes and it is important to take care of yourself, too!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.