New…but not so new…

My name is Lesa, but I go by Isabella…(long story). I had a Druidic/Green Witch for a Father and Grandfather…. And I try to follow their path, however, I find myself exploring all different directions. I don’t like to say I’m a hereditary Witch, bcz my path isn’t the same as theirs….so I’m just a Witch. LOL. I am a Nurse and an Herbalist, a Mom to 2 boys and I have 3 beautiful Grandchildren.
When I got married at 17, my in-laws tried their best to convert me to Old Regular Baptist. (I grew up in SWVa, near the WV line). I just could not get into how they believed or practiced. My Husband, of 39 years, is the most accepting and loving man ever considering his religious background. Even now he teases me about riding my broom with my black cat, Aisling.
I am new to this community, so I just wanted to say hello see if there is any other Witches in the Myrtle Beach SC or Hickory NC areas… I stay in both areas. I am looking forward to learning so much here. I do not by any stretch know as much as I would love to, so I am always willing to learn from others and love the warmth that I have seen in other threads. May you each be blessed beyond measure.

8 Likes

@Isabella13 welcome. Im 42, i have two grown sons. I live in central NC. and my sister lives in Myrtle Beach.

5 Likes

Hello! i’m 28 and a few years ago I started to follow my path, even when I received the call at 16. No kids yet, only a doggy.

Welcome to the forum and to the coven! I hope you find everything you need here :heart:

7 Likes

@Isabella13
You are so very welcome here. Bible-believing Baptists are so immersed in scripture and dogma that Earth-based religions are considered Pagan (which they are) and barbaric (which they are not). The truth is that the first Baptist churches were formed by English-speakers in Holland (1609) believed, as did Martin Luther, that believers were capable of reading and interpreting the Bible on their own. If you think about it, The Baptist church is a reasonably new religion compared to Witchcraft or what some call an 'old-time religion.
They aren’t wrong, and we are not wrong. Each person has their own opinion as each person has their own belief system.

https://www.google.com/search?q=when+did+the+baptist+religion+start&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS1023US1023&oq=when+did+the+baptis&aqs=chrome.1.0i512l2j69i57j0i512l7.10352j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

We’re here for you.
Blessed be
Garnet

6 Likes

Hi @Isabella13! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

What area of SWVa are you from? I live near the Gorge. I get what you mean about the area. I’m just lucky my friends either don’t get I’m a witch or like Sally, don’t care. LOL!

If you are looking to learn, the Courses is a good place to start. They’re full of great information, some of which you may know already. But it’s always good to brush up.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you better.

6 Likes

Merry meet @Isabella13 and welcome to the forum! :blush:

There very well might be fellow witches nearby! Feel free to check out the Where in the World are Witches? discussion (as well as the more detailed second part for those who are comfortable sharing their more precise locations) to see if anyone has mentioned they are nearby :blush:

I’m afraid I’m not located in that area, but it’s a pleasure to welcome you to the online coven! Please make yourself at home here and feel free to jump into any discussions that call to you :heart:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Isabella13

It’s nice to meet you Isabella! I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I’m looking forward to getting to know you better!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

Hi, I’m not from any of those places, but I’d like to say hi anyway. I’m 49 and have a long history in the craft. I have 4 children and married to the most wonderful man ever and had a handfasting barefoot in the forest :deciduous_tree: in March this year. I live in Australia and work with Gaia. Very nice to meet you

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.