New Herb Garden ! 🌿

Hey everyone ! :heart:

I am 1 day in advance since World Plant a Vegetable Garden Day is tomorrow (and it’s not vegetables) but I wanted to share with you my first herb garden ! It is my first time planting something and I was really excited, but still a little scared :disappointed_relieved:

This is a picture after I finished preparing the soil, by ripping off the weeds and doing a sage smudge to get rid of negative energies and help my plants grow strong:

And this is today after I finished planting, I’m hoping this garden will make me feel closer to the Mother Goddess and help me in my craft.

If you have any advice to share with me on what I should plant next or prayers and incantation to bless my plants, please do ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

I’m no expert by any means, but I think this is an amazing job! Your herbs seem to have been set up nicely to thrive

9 Likes

That looks amazing!

7 Likes

That looks great, I hope to see more as it grows. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Congratulations on starting your herb garden!! My plants are also growing super fast!! :smiley:

Here’s a spell to bless your garden:

Enchanted Garden Blessings

Go outside and walk around in your garden. Find your favorite spot and hold your ands out above the young plants, flowers, and herbs.

Then visualize your loving energy streaming from your hands and down into the plant life.

"A Garden Witch’s magic
begins with the earth,

*Bless these herbs and plants *
with power, health, growth and mirth.

Happy plants do create
enchantment all year long,

May the gods bless my garden
as they hear this song.

By all the powers of the
Earth, the Moon, and Sun,

As I will so shall it be,
and let it harm none".

Blessed Be! :pray:

13 Likes

Congrats on your first herb garden, @nesserinne! :clap::heart_eyes:

It looks amazing- great job! That tall hedge in the back will hopefully help to keep out any furry neighbors coming by for a free snack :rabbit2: :grin:

I love the plants you chose- you picked some wonderful herbs! :blush::herb: Just a quick note that Lemon Balm (depending on how much it likes the location) can try to take over the garden. Keep snipping it back if it begins to spread, and if it gets too far out of control you can always switch it into a pot or its own garden area :+1:

Your first garden is all about trial and error- every gardener and every garden has plants that click and others that turn out to not be right for your unique space. Don’t be afraid to experiment! I’m cheering you and your lovely garden on :partying_face:

Happy gardening, Nesserinne! :herb::two_hearts:

11 Likes

Thanks @robin77 @Saulamay @Amethyst for all your replies, I am glad that you like it and will try to post updates so you can see the progress as it grows ! :heart:

Thank you @Francisco for sharing ! I didn’t know that spell I will definitely try it out as soon as I can :+1:

Thank you for your advice @BryWisteria, I will be sure to trim it regularly then ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And yes the hedge is pretty useful against rabbits but does nothing for the cats that come and goes. Now don’t get me wrong, I do love cat but in a garden they can be quite troublesome :joy:

11 Likes

It looks wonderful!

9 Likes

Thank you @MeganB ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

If you’ve got a kitty infestation in your garden (certainly not the worst kind of visitor, but you’re right they can make a mess! :cat2: :laughing: ) then whatever you do, don’t plant any catnip! :joy:

5 Likes

Francisco?
May I put this in my Grimoire

6 Likes

I don’t see why not! The name of the author is Ellen Dugan :+1:

5 Likes